This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Want your floor cleaned quickly? No time for the mop and bucket? Testers needed to try new Cif Express Direct to Floor Cleaner - £250 to be won for feedback NOW CLOSED

(62 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 17-Apr-14 15:45:35

Cif is looking for 150 Mumsnetters to test out their NEW cleaning product, Cif Express Direct to Floor.

Here's what Cif have to say, "Our latest cleaning product - Cif Express Direct to Floor - can be used direct on the floor and small surfaces for a sparkling clean home. It leaves a long lasting and fresh fragrance. It's suitable for tiled, laminate and washable/ varnished wood floors. To use, you simply squirt the product directly onto the floor, then wipe with a damp mop and there's no need to rinse and it dries really fast! Now available in Antibacterial, Lemon & Apple Flowers and Wild Orchid & Velvet flowers, the RRP is £2.00 for 750 ml."

This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters. You will need to have a tiled, laminate and washable/ varnished wood floor to take part (and a mop!)

Everyone who is selected will be sent one 750ml bottle of Cif Express Direct to Floor to test out. Once you have had the chance to test it out we'll ask you to add your feedback to the feedback thread. We would also love for testers to post before and after pictures on the feedback thread. Photos may appear on Cif's page on Mumsnet and/or in other marketing material.

We would also like 10 Mumsnetters to film their experience on their smartphone (via an app we'll need you to download). Those MNers will receive a Cif hamper as a thank you for the filming. The videos will be edited and used by Cif on a range of platforms including on Mumsnet, possibly on the Cif website and on social media - they will be hosted on YouTube.

All the selected testers who add their feedback will be entered into a prize draw to win a £250 voucher for the store of their choice.

If you're interested in taking part please sign up here

Thanks and good luck,
MNHQ

SoleSource Sun 20-Apr-14 01:25:04

Me please xxx

MamaSara Sun 20-Apr-14 09:47:30

Completed but at the end it defaulted to the product test page and didn't say thank you for completing the survey as it normally does. Hence, not sure if it worked! Hope so. Always on the hunt for an effective floor cleaner... Keeping them clean is a daily battle!

incogKNEEto Sun 20-Apr-14 10:33:03

Done.

Primrose123 Sun 20-Apr-14 18:21:31

Done! I have 2 children, 3 dogs and 3 cats so my floors quickly get dirty!

Done.

muminthecity Mon 21-Apr-14 00:53:04

Done. My floors are always filthy and I'm lazy so need all the help I can get!

funnyperson Mon 21-Apr-14 03:03:10

OK yes please anything goes if it gets the floor clean. I hope the stuff isnt sticky and doesnt transfer to carpets on the bottom of feet

dizzyday07 Mon 21-Apr-14 08:18:51

Signed up as my kitchen floor needs all the help it can get!

indyswoofer Mon 21-Apr-14 09:08:25

Done! Fingers crossed for spangly new floors in the near future!! grin

lmnotmymother Mon 21-Apr-14 18:59:03

Hang on a sec sisters..have you seen the new tv ad for this product? It looks like a Harry Enfield parody - sleeping beauty awakes to welcome her prince, horror of horrors, alas her floor is filthy, she whips out & uses said product, prince arrives...they all lived happily ever after, without a hint of irony! I've only caught it once, out of the corner of my eye, so I may have missed something. I think we should be asking the advertisers/manufacturers what century they live in & if they sponsoring the UKIP's anti-slag campaign.

HeartStarCircleSquare Mon 21-Apr-14 20:45:18

I have applied, but at the risk of ruining my chances I just thought I would take the opportunity to give you some feedback about the banner currently on MN (as I assume CIF will be reading this thread).

It's sexist and obnoxious and doesn't even make sense (princesses don't clean, it's one of the many joys of having staff I am sure).

Also my husband mops as often as I do and I would love to see some advertising showing men doing the cleaning and not the "ha ha it's so easy even a bumbling man who never cleans can use it" variety.

quietbatperson Tue 22-Apr-14 15:32:08

Yes please, as long as it is suitable to use on natural slate tiles, and I can use my vileda magic mop with the angled sponge head instead of a traditional ropey style mop. My floor is huge, and rather neglected (I chose a dark grey floor for a reason!). DS3 is going to be crawling soon and I should probably make more of an effort to keep it clean blush.

WhoAteAllTheEasterEggs Tue 22-Apr-14 19:56:05

I'd love to try this. We've got a big tiled kitchen which is a pain in the bum to clean read I'm a lazy arse when it comes to floor cleaning! grin so anything that claims to make it all nice and shiny with minimal effort sounds like something I'd be interested in! smile

julesofdenial Thu 24-Apr-14 17:34:35

done

trudy123 Thu 24-Apr-14 21:23:03

Would love to have tiles that gleam again!

henbane Thu 24-Apr-14 21:40:29

Me please! Have sanded & varnished floorboards in kitchen & hall, there when I moved in & had seen better days even then...

LadyMcFish Fri 25-Apr-14 12:14:33

Done! I have 4 toilets/bathroom/en-suite with various type flooring, kitchen with patio style tiled floor (which means grease and grime trapped in between pattern!), a laminate hallway and dining room. Anything to make my life easier please! Oh, a 3.5yo and due in 5 weeks!

Anyone heard yet????

Just got my bottle through the post! will test it tonight after the shopping has been done!

I do wonder though what is the app to video called as I've had no information but have a smartphone to record stuff with.

I'd love to test it. Am I too late?

FatalCabbage Fri 02-May-14 17:32:31

candyfloss did you get an email first?

envy

Keepcalmanddrinkwine Fri 02-May-14 18:48:47

I had a bottle through the post today but no email beforehand. I was a box in a box with 2 massive sheets of bubble wrap but still managed to split. I can still use it though, so thank you.

Am I supposed to be filming or taking pics? Or just testing and leaving feedback?

Let me know before I clean the floor please, I will delay it as long as I can.

smile

I also have had no email I don't want to use before an email.

quietbatperson Sat 03-May-14 14:30:49

As I've not received anything, or heard, I'm assuming I've not been picked. I have got a bit sceptical though after seeing the new advert - my mop is going to be well and truly filthy after using this stuff, so surely I still need a bucket to clean the mop in? confusedhmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now