This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

TASSIMO Vivy feedback thread. Non-testers: Tell TASSIMO what your favourite hot drink is for a chance to win a TASSIMO Vivy! NOW CLOSED

(123 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 07-Apr-14 09:43:39

This thread is for the 22 Mumsnetters who got to try out the TASSIMO Vivy.

Here’s what TASSIMO say, “Whether you’re a Latte Lover or a Cappuccino Connoisseur, TASSIMO has all your favourite drinks from the brands you love. Imagine having Costa, Cadbury, Kenco, Twinings, Milka, Carte Noire and Suchard on your doorstep!

The new TASSIMO Vivy is the most compact machine in the range and is the perfect addition to any kitchen. Designed for those that love coffee shop quality hot drinks at home but need something a little more discreet the Vivy allows for those with smaller kitchens to enjoy the TASSIMO drinks they love.”

Non-testers: How do you like to enjoy your favourite hot drink? Are you a caffeine addict who loves a cup of coffee in the morning? Or maybe you prefer to make yourself a perfect hot chocolate at home in the evenings? Whatever it is, we’d love to hear it.

Everyone who leaves their response on this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky MNers will win their own TASSIMO Vivy!

Testers: It would be great if you could answer the questions below. If you have any other comments please feel free to add these too:

- What did you think of the TASSIMO Vivy overall? Did you like it? If so, why? If not, why not?
- Which T-DISCS did you try? Which one was your favourite?
- How easy or difficult did you find the machine to use?
- Do you think you’ll continue to use the TASSIMO Vivy in future? If so, why? If not, why not?
- Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy to friends or family? If so, why? If not, why not?

Thanks,
MNHQ

whattoWHO Mon 07-Apr-14 14:54:56

Non tester.

Coffee in the morning. Latte in the afternoon. Tea (earl grey) when having a piece of cake. Hot ribena when I'm feeling poorly.

minmooch Mon 07-Apr-14 16:01:32

Tester here:

Very neat machine. Overall I really like it. Does not take up too much room

Tested English Breakfast Tea, hot chocolate, cafe creme and medium roast coffee. Loved the suchard hot chocolate the best. Was prepared to be snobby about the tea but in fact I liked it but prefer my first cup of tea to be massive so tend to make it with a kettle. Medium roast coffee a bit bitter. Didn't like the cafe creme.

I am looking forward to trying other discs and will definitely continue to use it. I would recommend it.

Easy to use and no fuss. Best bit is being able to have a hot chocolate quickly.

glammanana Mon 07-Apr-14 18:02:24

Tester Here.
I am delighted with the size and design of The Vivy it fits in very well with my decor as my kitchen is pink & black so a fab addition.
My favourite disc's where the Suchards Chocolate & Kenco Coffee something for the start & finish of the day.
We found the machine very easy to use and operate but also went to the online information about extra water but it was not a problem.
I will definetley continue to use it as I find it so quick & easy to use,just fill/press/serve & a great drink ready in seconds with all the flavour of freshly ground coffee/chocolate beans.
I have already had a friend purchase a Vivy and my son is trying without any luck to talk me out of mine,sorry son you will have to put one down on your wedding list.

PickleMobile Mon 07-Apr-14 19:06:46

- What did you think of the TASSIMO Vivy overall? Did you like it? If so, why? If not, why not?

I loved it, sleek and compact, it looks lovely on my kitchen side! It's a shame you don't get a full cup of anything though. The amounts for each drink aren't really enough and adding more water just waters them down.

I tried the hot chocolate and tea, DH tried both the coffees. The hot choc was my favourite.

It took a while to set it up and figure everything out due to there being no written instructions, just silly pictures that are difficult to understand.

- Do you think you’ll continue to use the TASSIMO Vivy in future? If so, why? If not, why not?

We will continue to use it and I have already bought more pods with the £20 off voucher you get when you register the machine. It will be good for making guests and DH coffee as I don't drink it and always worry I've made it wrong. This is a foolproof method. The pods do seem a little pricy so would probably only buy/stock up when on offer somewhere.

- Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy to friends or family? If so, why? If not, why not?

I would and have!

Bettythree Mon 07-Apr-14 19:53:26

Non-tester

My usual hot drink during the day is black tea or fruit tea but I am rapidly developing a cappuccino habit since next door got a new machine....

Roseformeplease Mon 07-Apr-14 19:56:08

Non-tester <why! oh why not me?>

Red Bush tea in a pot with the fire on and a good book

Or a really strong black coffee after a good meal with wine and friends.

KateOxford Mon 07-Apr-14 20:35:50

NON TESTER
I like decaf coffee but find it really hard to find nice decaf, it is either too strong and tastes too much like real coffee or too weak and tasteless. I do like to indulge in hot chocolate with a little whipped cream on top!

lottietiger Mon 07-Apr-14 20:46:37

Non-testers: How do you like to enjoy your favourite hot drink?

I like standard tea pretty much all day at the office, In the evenings i prefer earl grey though. When im working at home my morning drink will be a latte or cappuccino.

Sqveeze Mon 07-Apr-14 21:22:37

Non-tester:
My favourite hot drink is a large coffee in my giant mug every morning, ideally with toffee but syrup, but am currently using sugar-free caramel.

HappySunflower Mon 07-Apr-14 21:31:02

I'm a tester smile

I think its great and I like it a lot. I like it because it is small, and fits very well into a compact kitchen. Its so easy to use!

Carte noir intense, kenco coffee suchard hot chocolate and English breakfast tea. I would say the carte noir was my favourite.

Very easy. The only issue I had was when setting it up for the first time-the machine didn't recognise the yellow disc despite trying it several times.

- Do you think you will continue to use the TASSIMO Vivy in future? If so, why? If not, why not?

Yes, definitely, it is a real treat to have such nice coffee.

Yes. I love it.

Hopezibah Mon 07-Apr-14 21:32:19

non-tester: Hot chocolate! (also like herbal teas but hot chocolate when I want a treat)

Mummytoboyz7 Mon 07-Apr-14 23:18:30

None tester - my favourite drink has got to be a mocha in the morning

SuffolkNWhat Tue 08-Apr-14 08:59:13

Non-tester:
My favourite hot drink is a gingerbread latte. Usually only have it around Christmas time but since DH got the exact recipe from a barista friend we have it all the time at home!

2plus1plus1 Tue 08-Apr-14 10:27:11

Tester here smile

Yes I really like - it looks very smart in my kitchen and is just the right size. I am thinking of getting another one for my home office.
I also like the fact I can easily buy a range of the T-Discs in my local supermarket.
I liked the colourful packing and would consider giving it as a gift in the future.

I have tried all the T-Discs provided - my favourite is the hot chocolate, my husband preferred the Kenco one.
Not so keen on the Crema Intenso - I had expect this one to be the nicest but I found it a bit weak and not that intense. Good froth though.
I do intend to buy some of the costa T-Discs.

I thought it was fairly easy but as I think has been mentioned above I would prefer some written instructions alongside the pictures.
Also I'm a bit unsure when the machine is actually ready to make the drink-is the light meant to flash, or does it only flash when the drink is actually being made?

I haven't seen anything about extra water until I looked at the other feedback. It would be useful to include this in the instructions or at least direct people to the website.

As an aside I like the little storage department - I like neatness and this also means I won't lose the yellow T-Disc.

Yes, definitely. I enjoy the drinks and the ease of not having to boil the kettle.

- Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy to friends or family? If so, why? If not, why no

Yes, I would have no problems recommending it and as I have said above I would consider giving it to people as a gift.

Thank you for letting me be a tester!

Bubbles85 Tue 08-Apr-14 10:54:36

Non tester

Hot chocolate! smile

DurhamDurham Tue 08-Apr-14 12:04:57

Non-Tester:
I favourite drink is a cappuccino, a proper cappuccino with strong coffee and a good head of foam (rather than those insipid ones which are just overly mikly coffees with a pathetic sprinkling of chocolate on top)

I've heard good things about the VIVY so I expect their cappuccinos are the former rather than the latter smile

Filimou Tue 08-Apr-14 13:44:27

What did you think of the TASSIMO Vivy overall? Did you like it? If so, why? If not, why not?

I liked the design, it is nice and compact and so doesn't take too much room up in the kitchen. It was quick to make drinks which is great when I've a million things going on in the morning and the drinks are very nice.

Which T-DISCS did you try? Which one was your favourite?

I received the Twinings English Breakfast tea, the Suchard hot chocolate, Kenco medium roast and Carte Noire intense. You never really get a full cup and so you have to just put up with half a cup of hot chocolate or half of the Kenco one (adding extra water to them made them really watery and weak), however the Carte Noir one was quite strong so it worked out better using that coffee and adding extra water.
The hot chocolate (even though it was only half a cup) was delicious, s that is my favourite

How easy or difficult did you find the machine to use?

very easy. Just pop the water and the disc in, pop your cup underneath and away you go.

Do you think you’ll continue to use the TASSIMO Vivy in future? If so, why? If not, why not?

Definitely. It was so quick and easy and the drinks were delicious. A nice decent coffee with my breakfast on a Sunday without having to mess about with my coffee machine was heaven....

Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy to friends or family? If so, why? If not, why not?

Yes, I would recommend. There is a good range of drinks, you can generally get them on offer at one or the other of the supermarkets and its really easy to use and keep clean. Also its not too invasive on your countertop (we only have a small kitchen so this is a big issue for us).

mummy81 Tue 08-Apr-14 14:25:56

Non tester

My favourite hot night drink is a hot chocolate with vanilla syrup and ground cinnamon.

In the morning it has to be a masala tea.

PurpleSproutingBroccoli Tue 08-Apr-14 14:33:32

Non-tester - flat white all the way grin. It has to be a good strong one, though - about half and half espresso/milk.

WildThong Tue 08-Apr-14 14:43:13

Non tester here. I love a big fresh piping hot coffee in the morning, preferably enjoyed in the peace and quiet, just me and the newspaper - bliss. It really helps to get me going and lifts the sleepy fog away.

Cadsuane Tue 08-Apr-14 14:58:27

Non-Tester but Tassimo owner.
I love tea and coffee switching back and forth every day.
I like my tea black and lightly brewed, usually Earl Grey although I'm enjoying the masala tea DH bought me recently.
But a Costa caramel Latte made in my Tassimo is my home after a hard day treat.

bluebump Tue 08-Apr-14 16:59:06

I'm a tester...

What did you think of the TASSIMO Vivy overall? Did you like it? If so, why? If not, why not?

I am really pleased with the Vivy, I have the tiniest kitchen and it fits in perfectly as it's so compact, it looks smart and is so easy to use.

Which T-DISCS did you try? Which one was your favourite?

I received the Twinings English Breakfast tea, the Suchard hot chocolate, Kenco medium roast and Carte Noire intense. I have tried all of them - I liked all of them. I was impressed that the tea was quite strong although I think i'll still make tea with normal teabags/kettle as it's nicer and cheaper. My favourites were probably the coffees.

My 5 year old tried the hot chocolate, he loved it and helped to make them.

How easy or difficult did you find the machine to use?

Really easy! I found the smaller leaflet that was stored in the water feed bit (what's the word i'm looking for? grin ) easier to understand. I admit when I first looked at the leaflets I thought I didn't understand how on earth to put it together but once it was all out of the box it was easy.

What I love about the machine too is that you turn it on and it's pretty much ready to go, no waiting around for it to heat up or anything.

Do you think you’ll continue to use the TASSIMO Vivy in future? If so, why? If not, why not?

Absolutely - I am so happy with it so thanks! I am already looking on the website for how to spend my voucher, there is a lot to choose from. I am going to treat myself to a milk frother so I can make warm frothy milk to go on the top of my coffees.

Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy to friends or family? If so, why? If not, why not?

Yes I would totally recommend it, it is such an easy machine to use and makes some lovely drinks. There are a lot of drinks to choose from and it's great that the machine doesn't just limit you to just coffee.

MellowMarshmallow Tue 08-Apr-14 17:33:55

Tester:

Looks fine. Like the pro looking silver spout. Compact. If it was any smaller I wouldn't get a cup under it, so this is about as small as it can go.

So far I have tried the breakfast tea, which I really liked. I normally have my tea very strong - this had a more refreshing taste than my usual Yorkshire tea.

I bought some Costa Coffee Cappuccinos to try out and it was lovely. Will update more when I've tried out the other flavours.

My 8 year old made my cappucino and a hot choc for himself and his brother (I was watching). Easier than our Dolce Gusto because with the DG you have to judge how much water to use and stand over it the whole time so you don't ruin the drink by letting it run too long. This is just push a button, and you can wander off to do something else quickly.

Yes. We've had the Dolce gusto for 5 years and it has started leaking from all over so we needed a new machine. I was in two minds whether to replace with new DG or a Tassimo, but really like this machine and the variety of drinks, and how easy it is to store the capsules (they fit in boxes in a shallow drawer, whereas DG boxes are huge cubes).

Yes. Really easy to use. Ideal if you want a special hot drink each day.

silverlace Tue 08-Apr-14 18:39:51

Non Tester

I love Starbucks Mocha coffee with just a little bit of cream. It is my once in a blue moon treat when I get to go out shopping alone.

I like a nice amaretto coffee...

Makes me feel Christmassy... It's definitely an after dinner drink!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now