This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Testers wanted to try out one of Miele’s allergy friendly vacuum cleaners! NOW CLOSED

(157 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 31-Mar-14 16:20:51

Miele are looking for 10 Mumsnetters with allergies to test out either their S8 Silence Plus EcoLine Allergy, or the S8 Silence Solution vacuum cleaners.

Here’s what Miele say, “Build quality and efficiency have always been at the forefront of our vacuum cleaner design, with improving your lifestyle at home as our goal. Our Hyclean dustbags are an important functionality of the Miele vacuum cleaner being the most effective way of keeping dust and dirt from re-entering your home. Each bag is made from a special kind of fleece that gives you nine layers of filtration designed to capture even the smallest of particles and its automatic hygiene shutter ensuring dust and bacteria is not expelled back into the air when you dispose of it, making it perfect for allergy sufferers.

Built with allergy sufferers in mind, the S8 Silence Solution and the S8 Silence Plus EcoLine Allergy detailed in this thread both feature our new HEPA 13 filter designed to remove up to 99.999% of particles* from the air making them perfect for all allergy sufferers including dust, pollen and asthma.

With all of these key features combined, the Miele vacuum cleaner system facilitates the capture of the smallest allergens that are not visible to the naked eye, such as bed bugs, dust mite and dust mite faeces that typically cause irritation.

(*according to IEC 60312)”

Those selected will be sent either a Miele S8 Silence Plus EcoLine Allergy (RRP £300.00) or a Miele S8 Silence Solution (RRP £240.00).

This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters who have either pet and/or dust pollen allergies. Testers will need to test out the Miele vacuum cleaners and give feedback over the next couple of weeks so please only apply to take part if you’re available over this time.

If you’re interested in taking part please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

DatsunCogs Mon 31-Mar-14 21:03:08

I haven't applied for this as we already have a Miele hoover and it's amazing! (possibly too excited about a vacuum cleaner)

Beepbeepnow Tue 01-Apr-14 06:58:52

This would be brilliant to try out for my asthma and dust allergies! Fingers crossed!

KateBeckett Tue 01-Apr-14 07:14:10

Would love to try it out - 2 adults with dust allergies, one of whom has psoriasis! The irony!

napoleonsnose Tue 01-Apr-14 07:18:28

Teenage daughter (16) has recently been diagnosed with asthma so this would be great to try. I struggle to keep the house dust free so this might go some way to helping!!

Paleodad Tue 01-Apr-14 08:28:02

Signed up, anything that could ease my asthma would be amazing!

Badvoc Tue 01-Apr-14 08:32:08

Oh yes please!!
Both dc ill already with their asthma!
<weeps>

FuckingFuck Tue 01-Apr-14 08:39:14

Would love to try one of these DP and DS both suffer badly with hay fever!

mummytime Tue 01-Apr-14 08:49:18

We'd love one - Asthma and Hayfever here!

Badvoc Tue 01-Apr-14 08:52:34

...oh god...hayfever! Nearly time for that too!
<weeps a bit more>

CrazyHhas5kitties Tue 01-Apr-14 09:12:17

I'd love to see if one of these is up to the 'job' as my Ds is Asthmatic with Hay fever & a grass pollen allergy <poor sod> & to top it off he has AS so my crappy Vax scares the life out of him confused grin smile

idleweiss Tue 01-Apr-14 10:45:49

This would be amazing! Currently borrowing a Hoover as mine is broken and me and my girls suffer from dust allergies! Mine are so bad at the moment! New flat is carpeted and sooo dusty, thanks to really old crappy dust filled radiators I can't clean!! Grrrr! Have to dust every day and Hoover so much!!

Sunny2013 Tue 01-Apr-14 10:59:17

Please add me to the testing list for this fabulous machine .....

May09Bump Tue 01-Apr-14 11:00:42

completed - the reduction in allergens and noise level would be a god send!

ophiotaurus Tue 01-Apr-14 11:03:45

I'd like to be added too. I have asthma and am allergic to pets/ pollen.

Sunny2013 Tue 01-Apr-14 11:07:26

I will be delighted to put either the Miele S8 Silence Plus EcoLine Allergy or the Miele S8 Silence Solution through rigorous testing .... No matter what I do within a day of hoovering , thanks to a wood burning stove it 's like I never hoovered ( but I DID honest HUBBY, I didnt spend all day on Mumsnet ).... So from hoovering beds, floors, walls and more ... carpets, wooden floors , and tiles too this machine will be tested from home to Timbucktoo!!! Even the curtains , car and ceilings wont be forgotten , I can see my hubby now jumping for joy in the event that this would actually happen , so please make my day and his come true and say Sunny 2103 we will send you a wonderful Miele machine to make your Spring Cleaning Dreams come true.

Love the silent option for hoovering in the evenings!

Faverolles Tue 01-Apr-14 11:25:53

I'd love to try this, we all have asthma and allergies here, particularly ds2 who really suffers and ends up off and on steroids throughout spring and early summer as his asthma flares up.

dannydyerismydad Tue 01-Apr-14 11:41:52

Please, please, please, please, please pick me!!

DS is absolutely terrified of our Oreck. I need to try something more silent and less scary. I'm up to my knees in dirt. He never lets me clean hmm

fideline Tue 01-Apr-14 11:43:34

Yes please. We have lost count of our allergies in this house.

ThePearShapedToad Tue 01-Apr-14 11:46:57

Yes yes yes please smile

onedogatoddlerandababy Tue 01-Apr-14 11:51:57

Done, anything that means wet dusting/wall washing is a thing of my past would be amazing!

wecantallbeperfect Tue 01-Apr-14 12:08:22

Yes please! I have asthma as do two if my DD's. My DH has severe hay fever. I also have a severe allergy to dust mites, anything that can tackle this lot would be fab!smile

LadyMaryLikesCake Tue 01-Apr-14 12:26:59

Done.

My dyson's on its last legs.

stinap Tue 01-Apr-14 13:22:24

Keen to try out a new vacuum that could help our families hayfever. Daddy suffers from asthma and myself and our 8 year old twins suffer badly with hayfever.

PooFlower Tue 01-Apr-14 13:29:51

Would love to try this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now