This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Mumsnetters needed to visit THORPE PARK Resort on Happy Height Day! NOW CLOSED

(227 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 07-Mar-14 15:42:56

We're looking for 50 Mumsnetters and their DCs to attend Happy Height Day at THORPE PARK Resort (tickets alone worth £196) and tell us all about it.

Here's what THORPE PARK Resort say: "We see so many excited kids every year who have just reached 1.4m and are now tall enough to have the ride of their lives. At THORPE PARK Resort we're championing this achievement with our Happy Height Day, and celebrating the moment these kids experience a whole new world of thrills!
Whilst we love seeing these kids giddy with excitement to ride on Stealth for the first time, with over 25 rides and attractions throughout the Park and with a new ANGRY BIRDS Land opening in May, there really is so much to keep the whole family entertained. And that includes those under 1.4m"

Of course THORPE PARK Resort is a day out for all the family and has traditionally been popular amongst older children but for Happy Height Day they are particularly interested in showcasing their thrilling rides and attractions to children who are at least 1.4 metres tall. As with all theme parks, rides are often, from a safety point of view, suitable for various height children. They have 11 rides and attractions suitable for children who are on or this height - the Extreme Thrills rides (here). So, if you have at least one child who fits the bill height wise and is up for a thrilling time, read on...

The event will take place on Saturday 22nd March at THORPE PARK Resort.

The chosen Mumsnetters will receive:
- 4 x THORPE PARK Resort Annual Passes: unlimited access to THORPE PARK Resort throughout the 2014 season, plus 20% discount across selected on Park retail and food outlets. (worth £196, annual pass terms and conditions apply)
- Gold Priority Pass on Saturday 22nd March: allows fastrack access to many of the rides and attractions
- Vouchers to buy lunch or use in the retail shops on Saturday 22nd March (worth £50)

Every family who attends the event day will also receive a Happy Height Day welcome pack and gift as a thank you for attending smile.

Those families selected will be asked, in return, to post their feedback on a thread on Mumsnet after the day to share experiences and also add a review to the reviews area on MN here.

All chosen Mumsnetters will also be asked to use their tickets again to visit THORPE PARK Resort for the launch of ANGRY BIRDS land - dates TBC.

We'd also love it if you could take a few photos of your day and upload them to the feedback thread. Photos may be used by THORPE PARK Resort on Facebook, their website and possibly on other marketing material.

Please note a maximum of 4 people per family can attend the day. Each family will need to make their own way to the park, as travel is not included, however there will be free parking in the car park for those who decide to drive.

If you'd like to take part please add your details here.

We'll be in touch with those selected on 14th March.

Thanks and good luck!
MNHQ

Dollydowser Sat 08-Mar-14 08:06:32

I have filled it on but there didn't seem to be any drop down or fill in box for height?

Glitterfairys Sat 08-Mar-14 13:27:28

All done smile

Nerfmother Sat 08-Mar-14 22:04:23

Just measured ds. Can u check my entry reads 143cm? Think I put the right category... grin

Oblomov Sun 09-Mar-14 14:53:09

Done

Oblomov Sun 09-Mar-14 14:55:38

Didn't know what to say. Could do dh and me and two boys. Or I put down me and 3 boys. Was that the wrong choice? Have I scuppered my chances?

EstoyAqui Mon 10-Mar-14 09:52:50

I measured DD she is 135. I'll have to bow out. Good luck to all the others. grin

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 10-Mar-14 10:01:51

schilke, Hulababy and Ledkr - I've changed all of your responses so that they contain the correct heights/ages smile

Nerfmother, Dollydowser and EstoyAqui - I'll PM you about your responses shortly smile

wheretoyougonow Mon 10-Mar-14 10:11:52

This is the best offer ever! grin

DD is ~136cm, so no point entering sad - she is bursting to be tall enough for big rides and keeps demanding to be measured again. We took her on 120cm rides when she was only just tall enough (wouldn't have passed without shoes on). DS, OTOH, is ~160cm and doesn't want to go on some of the rides his little sister is eyeing up hmm

agennaro Mon 10-Mar-14 11:08:44

Done, fingers crossed!

JaxTellerIsAllMine Mon 10-Mar-14 14:38:53

lets hope we are chosen.

NettleTea Mon 10-Mar-14 18:51:32

DD has just hit 140 after literally YEARS of wishing (she has an illness whoich means she is small for her age) so I am hoping that although the height is correct, she is 13 and a half, so may be too old.......
she has missed out on watching her friends ride fast rides for years now, she would love to go to this.....

shanks313 Tue 11-Mar-14 13:45:44

Applied to this but just realised my DDs are still too small.i read the OP wrong.

rupert23 Tue 11-Mar-14 14:55:02

my three sons would be so excited if we got chosen for this day out it would be a nice family day and they could let off some steam. Fingers crossed

Hermancakedestroyer Tue 11-Mar-14 16:54:54

Wow indeed! This sounds great! Good luck everybody x

idleweiss Tue 11-Mar-14 17:21:33

My little girl would love this and has always wanted to go to a theme park..even though she is quite a bit under 1.4m! I haven't been to Thorpe Park since I was 10, would be great to go back and see how it's changed! smile

done .Dd is 11 on Sat and we just measured her and has reached 140cm at last so can ride with her big brothers

both my older 2 are 6 foot plus shock

TheZeeTeam Tue 11-Mar-14 21:49:10

It's going to be Hell! A theme park filled with kids who just realised that they don't like rollercoasters after all!! grin

chichime Wed 12-Mar-14 10:48:42

I would love to be chosen. I have just completed the online form. So I am keeping fingers cross.

Now closed! They are choosing (fingers crossed).
smile

schilke Thu 13-Mar-14 09:57:50

Please choose me! We are paying a fortune to go to Legoland this weekend with German exchange student and would love to have a few free trips to Thorpe Park over the summer. I know begging doesn't help, but I'll give it a go.

wheretoyougonow Thu 13-Mar-14 20:36:54

We find out tomorrow!

Placemmarking - waiting to see when people are notified smile

Nerfmother Fri 14-Mar-14 08:11:18

Marking place, good luck all entrants x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now