Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

MNers needed to take part in the PruHealth Vitality Experience – you’ll receive 5,000 (£50) of Nectar points, a free 2-month pass to the Virgin Active gym of your choice, a day of pampering at Champney’s Spa and so much more! NOW CLOSED

(165 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Jan-14 13:36:19

We've been asked by PruHealth to find 10 Mumsnetters to take part in their Vitality Experience designed to introduce the full range of discounts, benefits and rewards available by being a PruHealth with Vitality member.

This 2-month long challenge is aimed especially towards Mumsnetters looking to make healthier lifestyle choices for themselves as well as their families. You don?t need to be an existing PruHealth member to take part, just be in the market for easier ways to make healthy choices for you and your family.

Here's what PruHealth have to say:

"We believe the more you look after yourself, the healthier you feel. That's why we offer our customers Vitality when they buy our health insurance. Vitality is the world's largest incentive-based wellness programme and can make getting and staying healthy both easier and cheaper, but also reward you for all of your hard work!"

The Vitality Experience will kick off at PruHealth HQ in central London on Friday 17th January. Where you'll be provided with everything you'll need, including a Vitality Healthcheck to better understand your health, advice on healthy eating from a qualified nutritionist and an exercise plan designed by a Virgin Active personal trainer to get you on your way.

Each week participants will be presented with a new Vitality benefit - from earning additional Nectar points when you buy healthy foods at Sainsbury's, taking advantage of discounts at Virgin Active or treating the family to a trip to the cinema! Vitality aims to make healthy living fun, easy and rewarding.

Below you'll find a full schedule of the Vitality Experience:

Week 1 - Get Gyming - Kick start your January resolutions with a free 2-month pass to a Virgin Active gym and £50 to spend on new gym gear at Sweatshop.
Week 2 - 5-a-Day - Get £50 worth of Nectar points to spend on healthy food choices at Sainsbury's.
Week 3 - Step It Up - Get motivated to increase your daily step count with your new FitBug pedometer.
Week 4 - Family Treat - Take the family out on a trip to the cinema with £40 worth of vouchers to either Cineworld or Vue cinemas.
Week 5 - Half-Term & Half-Time - Check in with your Virgin Active personal trainer for a free 1hr session to boost your gym routine.
Week 6 - Discounts Dispensed - Get £25 worth of vouchers to test drive our up to 50% cashback at Lloyds Pharmacy benefit.
Week 7 - Choose Your Reward - Take your pick between discounts to Merlin attractions, National Trust parks or travel with Eurostar, Mark Warner or Mr & Mrs Smith getaways.
Week 8 - Wrap Up - Finish the Vitality Experience with a day of pampering at Champney's spa.

Participants selected will be required to give regular feedback (at least once a week) on the MN thread to report back on how they're finding each of the benefits as well as to give support to the other MNers participating in the Vitality Experience.

To take part we're looking for MNers who:

~ Are able to attend the launch day in central London, kicking off at 10am on Friday 17th January (transport costs will be covered).
~ Can commit to taking part in each of the weekly experiences above between the 17th January and 14th March.
~ Are able to do their food shopping at a Sainsbury's store, access a Virgin Active gym and have either a Cineworld or Vue cinema nearby (NB: this excludes Virgin Active gyms at Clements Hall, Rayleigh or Chiswick Riverside).
~ Are able to document their experience on a weekly basis via the Mumsnet thread as well as by video blog on the handheld flipcam provided (which you can keep as an additional thank you!).
~ Are able to attend the wrap up day at Champney's Spa in Tring on Friday 14th March (transport costs will be covered).
~ Are happy for PruHealth to use your feedback on the experience across their future marketing materials and/or website - inclusive of photography, video or print where relevant.

If you'd like to be considered please add your details here and we'll be in touch with selected MNers asap.

Any questions please post below.

Thanks and good luck!
MNHQ

FanFuckingTastic Wed 08-Jan-14 13:48:26

Done mine, though I am not sure if I am the right sort of person, I certainly have plenty of time to fill.

LittleMissGreen Wed 08-Jan-14 14:00:46

Would love to do that, but nearest gym is 40miles away, nearest cinema is miles away... I can shop at Sainsburys though grin

Willemdefoeismine Wed 08-Jan-14 16:41:05

I'd love to do this.... :-) Ready, willing and able!

sealight123 Wed 08-Jan-14 19:16:39

I would love this, but I just can't do all the travelling sad waaaah

I would so love to do this. Can meet all the criteria too. Oh please, pick me, pick meeee! smile

Oh this sounds amazing, but can't do the Friday sessions as at work. sad

AndHarry Wed 08-Jan-14 21:20:50

ME!

Ahem.
As you were.

mistlethrush Wed 08-Jan-14 21:25:51

I would like to do this - but only if there is a northern option as an alternative to the London session on the 17th. Please drop me a message if a northern version is possible!!!

Hopezibah Wed 08-Jan-14 23:38:25

Do you know what time the Friday 17th launch day ends. I can make the first couple of hours but need to head off at lunchtime. Is it an all day thing or just a couple of hours from 10am? - thanks.

Patilla Thu 09-Jan-14 02:47:13

I note it says you can bring a baby to the 17th can you please clarify whether it would be possible to bring a baby to the wrap up day on Friday 14th March (if I'm feeling brave enough to commit to the seven hours round train trip!). Also what is the upper age limit for a "babe in arms"?

Could you also please give us an idea of when we would need to get to Tring by as it's an earlier start quite possibly than central London by 10am!

LooseTheBlubber Thu 09-Jan-14 03:01:40

Me Pleeeasssse! I have a virgin Active and cinema very near by. I enjoy shopping at Sainsbury's too! Also someone booked for a lovely suite at Champney's for a special birthday years ago and they cancelled the day before, double booked apparently, so I missed out.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 09-Jan-14 10:05:49

Hopezibah - the event on the 17th will end around 1 or possibly 2.

Patilla - ideally no babies at Tring but please do apply if you're interested and give all your details/ age of your child and we can make a decision based on this. Tring will start from 10ish though may be a little later.

thanks to everyone who has applied so far....

MollyBerry Thu 09-Jan-14 10:55:22

This might be a silly question considering this is mumsnet but do you need to have a children/family to apply for this?

BornToFolk Thu 09-Jan-14 10:56:40

I'd love to do this but there's no gym near me sad Don't suppose I could just do the other bits, and forget about the gym? grin

sfancy Thu 09-Jan-14 11:07:12

Wow! This is amazing! All of the participating centres are within walking distance from my house and this would be a fantastic start to the year smile

moonbells Thu 09-Jan-14 11:11:00

Hmm it was all looking like something positive I could do for my health until I saw the video blog bit. I'm horribly unfit, work right next to one of the gyms, can get to a Vue easily, live near Tring and can get into London easily. Why oh why do they want us to take videos? Sniff.

tostaky Thu 09-Jan-14 11:18:43

I would love to do this! And Fridays are perfect for me :-)

SachaF Thu 09-Jan-14 11:30:35

Oh this sounds fab but unfortunately my nearest Virgin Active gym is nearly 20 miles away sad Everything else I could do.
Have a great time, those lucky ten people!

woodrunner Thu 09-Jan-14 11:32:40

This sounds so much like heaven I will cry if they don't pick me.

Glitterfairys Thu 09-Jan-14 11:34:51

Would absolutely love to do this , what a perfect start to the year this would be.

skapur Thu 09-Jan-14 11:36:51

I live in central London and everything is near by. Sounds like the motivtion I need to make postive changes in my life. Thanks for the opportunity.

Blatherskite Thu 09-Jan-14 11:38:53

Have signed up. This would be so perfect for me! It would really help with the health kick I've just started and I'm close enough to get to London and Tring.
I felt a bit sick filling out the survey as it would be amazing to get chosen for this!

Kewcumber Thu 09-Jan-14 11:41:03

Ooh yes please I presume most of these don't need to be done on a specific day except the champneys one.

Overweight (but medically fit) is OK isn't it?

I think there's a virgin fitness in Twickenham.

We can cry together woodrunner - I have no money - it sounds bliss! Even the exercise!

vincenta Thu 09-Jan-14 12:06:52

Yes, there is Virgin Active in Twickenham(Rugby stadionsmile
Signed up too! Crossed fingers and ears! Hope to be lucky this time smile))

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now