Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, Wednesday at 1pm x

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Flora panel - Baking activity feedback NOW CLOSED

(110 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 05-Dec-13 13:11:14

This thread is for the Flora panel members participating in the Flora Buttery baking task.

Here's what Flora have to say, 'Flora Buttery is brilliant for baking the fluffiest of cakes, and it’s super easy to mix too, even straight from the fridge. We love to use it for icing, as well as in the cake mix (we have loads of great recipes on our website), and it’s a great all-rounder, perfect for everything from spreading on your sandwiches to melting on your spuds. We’d love you to make space for a tub in your fridge and see how versatile it is!"

Panel members were given a voucher to buy Flora Buttery.

Please answer the questions below and add any other comments you may also have. We'd love you to take a picture of your creation and post it on this thread. You could also enter a photo into the Flora cupcake corner Facebook competition for more chances to win! Please note any pictures and/or comments on this thread may be used by on Flora's pages on MN and possibly elsewhere so please only post if you're happy with this.

- What did you bake using Flora Buttery?
- How did the end result compare to what you usually use to bake with?
- Would you be likely to use Flora Buttery to bake with again in the future or not? If so, why? If not why not?
- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Flora Buttery to a friend or relative? If so why? If not, why not?

All panel members who post on this thread will be entered into a prize draw to win a £200 John Lewis voucher.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

aristocat Sat 21-Dec-13 20:56:05

Still waiting for a voucher too sad

Looks like there are a few of us still waiting ...... merry christmas Flora!

Wincher Sat 21-Dec-13 21:11:16

No voucher here either!

treaclesoda Sat 21-Dec-13 21:24:36

I still haven't got my voucher either.

Macdog Mon 23-Dec-13 13:23:53

Still no voucher

Still no voucher here.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 23-Dec-13 13:39:25

hi - so sorry about the vouchers - looks like they won't arrive till the new year now - bear with us and we will chase it up when things get back to normal then. Thanks for being patient.

sharond101 Mon 23-Dec-13 21:32:54

Ok so I did my XMas day baking today using FLora buttery. Apple and cinnamon scones and stcky toffee pudding. Will report back after the big day with the taste test.

I reckon Flora should keep all of us who have been messed about sweet by sending us a Flora goody bag or something cos already its put me off the product before ive even tried it!!!. Im unimpressed with Flora's lack of organisation with this trial.

DrinkFromSantasFountain Fri 27-Dec-13 20:04:08

I know, I went to asda for butter the other day and had an internal tantrum at flora and bought lurpak instead.
It's put me off a bit.

Steffanoid Fri 27-Dec-13 23:01:30

it does make me get excited about getting post every day cause I think it will prompt more baking although it would have been nice to try pastry with it

chipbuttyandacoke Fri 27-Dec-13 23:24:51

Hi, not received my voucher yet, will post when it comes

Vagazzled Fri 27-Dec-13 23:26:12

I still haven't had my Flora vouchers delivered shock

I am also still waiting for my voucher

Its completely put me off the product before even trying it, I mean, how difficult can it be to send out a quantity of vouchers to a list of names????. It doesn't give a very good impression of the brand!!!. Fed up of waiting now...still think the ones that have been messed about should get something to keep us sweet, I think their reputation depends on it!!!!. what does everyone else think?????

rightsaidthread Sat 28-Dec-13 19:51:04

I keep forgetting I've even been asked to do this as I also haven't received my voucher. Come on Flora what's going on?

HoratiaDrelincourt Sat 28-Dec-13 19:55:42

The advert campaign Is dreadful and puts me off buying the product.

Which is a shame because the product itself is great to use.

I made chocolate splodge cake. The spread was very easy to use - softer than Stork, my usual baking fat, so fluffed up nicely straight from the fridge. No unpleasant taste, not greasy.

But the packet looks tatty and I wouldn't want to be associated with the silly mare in the advert, so I doubt I'll be putting it in my trolley any time soon.

DrinkFromSantasFountain Sat 28-Dec-13 21:21:13

The ad to me looks like they're trying to market it to te stereotypical mumsnetter but have totally missed the mark.

HoratiaDrelincourt Sat 28-Dec-13 21:53:53

Yes, I agree. We don't tend to respond well to being patronised.

hambis Sun 29-Dec-13 19:47:34

I still haven't had my voucher-its frustrating as I've done loads of baking over Christmas!!

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 30-Dec-13 10:39:40

Hi everyone - sorry again to those of you who haven't received your vouchers. The problems in getting the vouchers to you were completely unforeseen, but Flora have assured us they're doing everything they can to get them to you as soon as possible in the new year. Both Flora and us at MNHQ would still like as many of you as possible to take part so please do bear with us if you can. Thanks

aristocat Mon 30-Dec-13 11:01:17

Thanks MNHQ for the update, it is such a shame that the vouchers have not arrived yet.
A good baking opportunity over Christmas lost sad Hopefully new year/ new cakes grin

I agree that an extra incentive would be nice - c'mon Flora show us that you are sorry!

lottietiger Tue 31-Dec-13 19:14:45

mmm still waiting for my voucher too.. hopefully it arrives in the next few days as i have my ds first birthday cake to make..

aristocat Sat 04-Jan-14 19:39:12

Any more news on this please?

Come on Flora...soooo fed up of waiting now, really don't see what the problem is!!! what you gonna send us to keep us sweet???? its completely put me off the brand!!!!!!

ClaimedByMe Mon 06-Jan-14 18:12:08

Ive gave up waiting now sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now