Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Try out the NEW Samsung Galaxy S4 Active smartphone (unlocked) and add feedback

(249 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 25-Oct-13 15:13:14

We've been asked by the team at Samsung to find 20 (v lucky) MNers to try out its latest handset - the Galaxy S4 Active and to add feedback on Mumsnet.

Samsung says "We think this new handset would be great for parents. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is specifically designed to handle all aspects of modern family life - including

~ the great outdoors - with a fully sealed design that provides great protection from dust and water - you can even use the device to shoot photos and video underwater, with your results optimised by the new Aqua Mode.

~ everyday family life - we'd love you to report back on how the handset withstands your general day to day life with a child we'll be asking testers to 'allow' it to be dropped on the floor, 'eaten' by your LOs, and even 'accidentally' dropped in the bath/ (clean) loo to demonstrate how well it copes with modern family life.

~ looks and functionality - the Galaxy S4 Active also shares the Galaxy S4s slick design and useful smart services, so you can enjoy the same great style and convenience"

Full tech spec here

This new handset will be supplied unlocked for use on any network (just insert your sim) - the costs of calls/ texts/ data must be borne by testers. The handset retails for c£400 grin.

If you're selected to take part you'll be asked to try out the handset (including some challenges!) and to add feedback at least twice on Mumsnet - we'll be looking for first impressions as well as some follow up feedback after a couple of weeks.

We'll also need you to add a review to the MN smartphones review pages
and on the Samsung pages

If you'd like to take part and can commit to adding feedback as above please add your details here

We'll be in touch with those selected asap

thanks and good luck
MNHQ

BerstieSpotts Fri 25-Oct-13 15:19:37

OMG I have wanted this phone ever since it was announced!!

Am guessing it is UK only though? sad

FudgeyCookie Fri 25-Oct-13 15:33:08

Entered! Would love this phone but really can't afford to buy it outright! Love the idea of the protection parts of the phone and would love love love to try it please! grin

CookieLady Fri 25-Oct-13 15:35:25

Wonder if the phone is as good as they say it is?

I've entered. 8 month old DS2 likes to chew on my phone when his teeth are playing up, I'm sure he'd love the chance to put teeth marks in a shiny new phone.

MuffCakes Fri 25-Oct-13 16:06:31

Fingers are crossed

startalloveragain Fri 25-Oct-13 16:07:20

I'm going for it - fingers crossed! The temptation to do some underwater photos is too much!!

fedupdownhere Fri 25-Oct-13 16:32:03

entered I would love this phone smile

whats4teamum Fri 25-Oct-13 16:36:22

Me too.

DH is apple addict so would like to prove him wrong for once.

FallingInBloodIsHardOnMeeeee Fri 25-Oct-13 16:46:23

Filled in survey but got the offline message as I submitted - can someone confirm if my entry was received please?

roulade Fri 25-Oct-13 17:59:22

I would love to try out this phone as I am due an upgrade very soon!

Insanityismymiddlename Fri 25-Oct-13 18:02:37

Filled the survey out and keeping my fingers crossed.

May09Bump Fri 25-Oct-13 18:12:49

fingers crossed.

lorka Fri 25-Oct-13 18:18:05

Oh yes pleasegringrin

headlesslambrini Fri 25-Oct-13 18:19:44

Have completed it. really keeping my fingers crossed here.

Coconutty Fri 25-Oct-13 18:21:14

My phone is dying but I need to be convinced that I would be able to operate a newer model!

BooItTooJulia Fri 25-Oct-13 18:25:45

Oh yes please, I am in!

Sounds awesome!

Droves Fri 25-Oct-13 18:27:55

Completed ... Fingers crossed ! In desperate for a new phone , my old Nokia is dying the slow phone death of intermittent sound and and randomly shutting down . I've never won anything ever , a wee trial of a fancy new Samsung would be a lovely surprise . smile

Good luck everyone !

ScoutJemAndBoooooooooooo Fri 25-Oct-13 18:33:32

Wow, I can take it with me when I go cycling, DS might take it canoeing, I could pin it to the dog's collar for fun - pick me!

ScoutJemAndBoooooooooooo Fri 25-Oct-13 18:37:58

Have applied !

eatyourveg Fri 25-Oct-13 18:46:13

never had a smart phone so I've entered in the hope of trying one out

done

I'm currently looking at the S4 mini, but am intrigued by the survivor aspects of this device!

BerstieSpotts Fri 25-Oct-13 18:59:35

I decided to apply anyway, with a disclaimer about being abroad. We have luffly mountains and lakes here for me to drop it down!

I'm in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now