Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Try out the NEW Samsung Galaxy S4 Active smartphone (unlocked) and add feedback

(249 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 25-Oct-13 15:13:14

We've been asked by the team at Samsung to find 20 (v lucky) MNers to try out its latest handset - the Galaxy S4 Active and to add feedback on Mumsnet.

Samsung says "We think this new handset would be great for parents. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is specifically designed to handle all aspects of modern family life - including

~ the great outdoors - with a fully sealed design that provides great protection from dust and water - you can even use the device to shoot photos and video underwater, with your results optimised by the new Aqua Mode.

~ everyday family life - we'd love you to report back on how the handset withstands your general day to day life with a child we'll be asking testers to 'allow' it to be dropped on the floor, 'eaten' by your LOs, and even 'accidentally' dropped in the bath/ (clean) loo to demonstrate how well it copes with modern family life.

~ looks and functionality - the Galaxy S4 Active also shares the Galaxy S4s slick design and useful smart services, so you can enjoy the same great style and convenience"

Full tech spec here

This new handset will be supplied unlocked for use on any network (just insert your sim) - the costs of calls/ texts/ data must be borne by testers. The handset retails for c£400 grin.

If you're selected to take part you'll be asked to try out the handset (including some challenges!) and to add feedback at least twice on Mumsnet - we'll be looking for first impressions as well as some follow up feedback after a couple of weeks.

We'll also need you to add a review to the MN smartphones review pages
and on the Samsung pages

If you'd like to take part and can commit to adding feedback as above please add your details here

We'll be in touch with those selected asap

thanks and good luck
MNHQ

Rishi79 Fri 25-Oct-13 19:31:13

Applied, Can't live without my Phone I am almost on it all the time till I am fast asleep. iPhone 4S is Broken at the back screen and Not even sending it for repair as I have to live with phone. Would love to have S4 so I can give my iPhone a rest!

I'm in.

pindorasbox Fri 25-Oct-13 20:21:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OOooo ok yes please.

BerryLellow Fri 25-Oct-13 20:33:44

I can't seem to tap the complete this survey button on my.... Samsung smartphone!!!

BerryLellow Fri 25-Oct-13 20:33:52

I can't seem to tap the complete this survey button on my.... Samsung smartphone!!!

BerryLellow Fri 25-Oct-13 20:34:09

BerryLellow Fri 25-Oct-13 20:37:26

Oops blush

I have applied. Between me, ds and a dog who loves being out in all weathers I am sure we could more than put it through its paces!

Me! Me! Oh please pick megrin!
I'm a storyteller, often out in the rain, this would really really help.

sharond101 Fri 25-Oct-13 20:56:09

This sounds so good and my phone is knackered having been beaten up by my toddler.

littlemonkeychops Fri 25-Oct-13 20:58:11

Done :-)

SanctimoniousArse Fri 25-Oct-13 21:03:34

me me, pick me! I can offer 'being run over by a wheelchair'
<unique selling point> grin

In my quest to prove myself as a tough apple nut to crack I forgot to mention that I will, of course, let the kids wee on it/eat it/hide it in god dishwasher etc etc. smile

The dishwasher, not God's dishwasher. I can't promise that...

Towanda Fri 25-Oct-13 21:37:55

I'm trying to apply but when I click it takes me to a page that can't be displayed and when I C&P the address in the link, it takes me to please.com. I might be doing something wrong?

NameOfTheNick Fri 25-Oct-13 21:38:43

Me me me, my current samsung has by some miracle lived through being dunked in the toilet so would be amazing to try the s4 active to see how it goes up against my toddler and our active lifestyle.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TR6CQMD

Didn't work for me either, had to type it out.

LegoCaltrops Fri 25-Oct-13 21:40:03

Aaargh! Can't open the entry form! I don't know if it's not working or if it's ... just my stupid phone. (how ironic!) grin Will try on the PC tomorrow.

Towanda Fri 25-Oct-13 21:42:00

That worked! Thank you GML!

iantoscoffeecup Fri 25-Oct-13 21:53:06

Entered...doubtful as I have only managed to get chocolate in the last 12 months. But this would give me a great excuse to try something other than my iPhone. smile

I have entered - I hate my current phone, it is horrible and would do almost anything for a new one grin so this is a lovely chance to get one that is hopefully nice.

LegoCaltrops Fri 25-Oct-13 22:10:48

Entered. Thankyou Gwendoline! Hope I get it. My phone is terrible...

poorbuthappy Fri 25-Oct-13 22:11:31

Gone on, tell how long we have to wait to find out!

the link doesnt work sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now