This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Take part in Hellmann’s Sandwich of the Century Challenge - £150 voucher prize draw for feedback NOW CLOSED

(36 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 08-Oct-13 09:35:46

The folks at Hellmann’s are looking for 30 Mumsnetters to take part in the Hellmann's 'Sandwich of the Century' challenge as part of their Love Food Hate Waste campaign.

Here's what Hellmann's have to say, "For 100 years, Hellmann's Mayonnaise has been at the heart of the greatest Sandwiches but did you know that every day we throw away 200,000 loaves of bread and are even careless with our fillings for example, nearly three million tomatoes, and one million slices of ham! At Hellmann’s, we love food and we believe eating should be a moment of joy. That's why we hate food waste and encourage you to use your lovely leftovers!"

To celebrate Hellmann's turning 100 Hellmann’s wants to challenge Mumsnetters to minimise the amount of food waste people throw out by using their leftovers in their sandwiches.

Those selected to take part will be sent some Hellmann's mayonnaise along with a welcome pack. We'd love it if you could come up with your own ideas of how to use leftovers in a sandwich. Do you have a favourite sandwich you regularly make with your leftovers?

Testers will have to add their feedback and comments to a thread on MN about how you found the Sandwich of the Century challenge and whether you felt you effectively used Hellmann's mayonnaise and leftovers in your sandwiches.

Everyone who adds their feedback will be entered into a prize draw to win a £150 M&S voucher.

If you're interested then please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

florencebabyjo Tue 08-Oct-13 12:35:14

This sounds like a good one, I haven't thought about using leftovers in sandwiches except for cold meat left over from a roast.

TEErickOrTEEreat Tue 08-Oct-13 12:37:37

But, you'd have to put mayonnaise on things. No thanks! grin

Well, my husband likes mayonnaise.

aristocat Tue 08-Oct-13 14:10:43

Meeeee smile

I can be the Sandwich Queen!

ouryve Tue 08-Oct-13 14:20:35

This would be one just for me and DH. The boys think that mayonnaise is revolting. They'd sooner eat snot.

I'm in. I'm looking forward to getting the DDs involved!

Glitterfairys Tue 08-Oct-13 16:28:12

Signed up smile

DurhamDurham Tue 08-Oct-13 16:43:29

To be fair, what doesn't taste better with a generous dollop of Mayo!! We love sandwiches, especially enormous ones stuffed full of tasty things. Most left overs in our house end up in some form of sandwich, we have been known to stuff the contents of Sunday lunch leftovers in to huge Stotty ( NE delicacy!!!)

acrabadabra Tue 08-Oct-13 17:22:55

My dh puts everything in sandwiches.

Haggis and houmous anyone?

Have to sign up just for him grin

acrabadabra Tue 08-Oct-13 18:01:07

Done.

Gigaflops Tue 08-Oct-13 18:43:32

Done - I am the queen of roast dinner sandwiches do this should be fun!

If you hold back a few fish fingers before serving DC their dinner and then make a sneaky eat it in the kitchen fish finger sandwich they would count as left overs wouldn't they?

smile

Mouseface Tue 08-Oct-13 19:50:18

Count. Me. In! grin

I love Hellmann's, they had it on offer in Morrisons a few weeks back, the GIAGANORMOUS jars so I stocked up big time!! grin

Rockinhippy Tue 08-Oct-13 21:22:16

God I could kill for a stottie' been way too long, I need a trip home envy

Mmm, we all like mayo & I'm pretty creative with left overs anyway, so could probably manage this okay - but we don't eat meat would that rule us out ?

DurhamDurham Tue 08-Oct-13 21:30:43

Rockinhippy want me to send you some Stotties? grin

spicers1976 Tue 08-Oct-13 21:54:24

I'd love to be a part of this one. We waste way too much food

afromom Tue 08-Oct-13 22:17:58

Sandwiches yum! Done!

Theyremybiscuits Tue 08-Oct-13 22:25:14

Done.
Truly, Hellmanns is heaven.
Rest my case.

k8vincent Tue 08-Oct-13 22:43:14

Cold lasagne in a sandwich? Well, that's leftovers tonight. What do you think Hellmanns?

AllThatGlistens Wed 09-Oct-13 12:03:49

Done! Love mayo.

Justtrying Wed 09-Oct-13 13:45:29

Something different to try particularly as a new jar of Mayo went in the supermarket trolley this morning.

GeordieCherry Wed 09-Oct-13 14:19:17

Done!

Heath27 Wed 09-Oct-13 15:26:35

Count me in too

Puppypoppet Wed 09-Oct-13 18:50:42

Done

Leftovers?! grin

We are a veggie household so I'm not sure how it would work, but I could give it a go...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now