Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

Cadbury Dairy Milk Pebbles tester review thread NOW CLOSED

(240 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 27-Sep-13 15:50:31

This thread is for the 250 Mumsnetters who have been trying the new Cadbury Dairy Milk Pebbles and refining their sweet treat decorating skills.

Here's what the team at Cadbury says about the product: "Cadbury Dairy Milk Pebbles are a lovely new addition to the Cadbury sharing range and we’re really excited to launch another great bitesize bag. They are a fun, tasty, colourful new treat designed for everyone to share and enjoy."

Please upload photos of your unusual and imaginative creations to this thread. The most creative design (as judged by Cadbury) will win a £250 John Lewis voucher!

Thanks and good luck,
MNHQ

jes73 Wed 06-Nov-13 20:13:01

Had fun making with the children. Just a simple cupcake but with a secret pebble surprise inside.

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Nov-13 10:56:29

Hi everyone,

A message from Cadbury:

"Thanks for all your great submissions, we really enjoyed looking through photos of all your creative treats.
The winner is Hopezibah - congratulations! We loved Pebbles the turtle and it's Cadbury Pebbles shell"

Hopezibah, I'll PM you for your details shortly smile

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 05-Nov-13 15:57:04

Hi BlathAarghZombieBite, RedRoseMummy was talking about a replacement bag, since her first bag did not arrive.

BlathAarghZombieBite Tue 05-Nov-13 14:25:10

2nd bag?

RedRoseMummy Tue 05-Nov-13 13:46:42

Our second bag arrived while we were away so we baked yesterday. Here's my three year old's efforts. All his own work.

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Nov-13 13:39:13

Hi HappySunflower we're really sorry to hear that. We don't appear to have had any emails from you - could you possibly email us again at contactus@mumsnet.com? In the meantime we have reported this to our team and they'll take a look into it for you.

We'll also be sure to let you all know who won the competition. Sorry for any delay or confusion.

HappySunflower Sat 02-Nov-13 15:28:49

I have emailed several times with no response so am posting here to say that we still have not received ours.
Very disappointed little girl here who has been looking forward to getting something in tne post and making and decorating a special cake.

RubyRR Fri 01-Nov-13 20:41:39

They made a really nice cake decoration, I usually use buttons but will buy pebbles again, nice crispy shell, even better to eat whilst thinking about icing the cakes too.

Ruprekt Thu 31-Oct-13 21:44:27

Bump

iamaredsmartie Thu 31-Oct-13 12:48:14

I'm curious to know who has won as well MNHQ?? Has it been decided yet??

Ruprekt Tue 29-Oct-13 22:20:55

Who won this please MNHQ?????

leneth Tue 29-Oct-13 20:35:29

Nice to snack on. Also great for cakes

Amanie Mon 28-Oct-13 23:18:32

couple more...

Amanie Mon 28-Oct-13 23:16:42

Loved the pebbles! Kids enjoyed eating them...as did I. We made cupcake toppers and tried to devise as many animals as we could.

Firewall Mon 28-Oct-13 15:35:39

My LO loved using these to decorate a cake each morning before taking to nursery for lunch. He enjoyed having an activity to do in the morning and looked forward to having it at lunch.

These pebbles are fab, we shared some with friends all of whom preferred them to mini eggs!

Firewall Mon 28-Oct-13 15:34:31

My LO loved using these to decorate a cake each morning before taking to nursery for lunch. He enjoyed having an activity to do in the morning and looked forward to having it at lunch.

These pebbles are fab, we shared some with friends all of whom preferred them to mini eggs!

iza330 Mon 28-Oct-13 10:15:06

This is a lovely chocolate and pears that i have made for my husband and my 2 year old boysmile

k8vincent Mon 28-Oct-13 09:10:56

Forgot to upload. I had all these visions of creating an inspirational cake . . . then we had chocolate cake for pudding one Sunday. Nigella suggested purple flowers, but the packet of pebbles fell out of the cupboard. Apparently there is a dragon hiding in the picture somewhere.

Michelle777 Sun 27-Oct-13 19:36:14

We baked this lovely chocolate cake for my little one's first birthday! The party guests enjoyed it very much & loved the decoration.

EmLH Sun 27-Oct-13 18:04:59

We really fancied some shortbread so baked a round before decorating it with a nice autumnal hedgehog made of pebbles! Stuck them down with a blob of icing, making the end result rather tasty. Not the most adventurous but went down very well and solved the problem of not having any eggs in the house!

maximum4 Sun 27-Oct-13 15:36:06

These were created by my daughter & I and although they are perhaps not the most imaginative cakes they were very much appreciated smile A few weeks ago we made a batch of cup cakes for a funeral tea, we decorated them and took them over to my mother's friends house. They looked really pretty and were much enjoyed - I even went & bought some more so they all looked the same. Thank you Cadbury's Pebbles x

maximum4 Sun 27-Oct-13 14:42:13

These were created by my daughter & I and although they are perhaps not the most imaginative cakes they were very much appreciated smile A few weeks ago we made a batch of cup cakes for a funeral tea, we decorated them and took them over to my mother's friends house. They looked really pretty and were much enjoyed - I even went & bought some more so they all looked the same. Thank you Cadbury's Pebbles x

gazzalw Sat 26-Oct-13 20:31:21

A bit envy at the beautiful pictures here....DD's birthday cake looked really good when DW first assembled it but by the time DSIL arrived about two hours later to photograph it some of the Pebbles had fallen off...so not quite as lovely as it looked on first making sad....

DebbieWobbs Sat 26-Oct-13 11:49:12

We made a chocolate fudge cake and decorated it with our Cadbury Chocolate Pebbles. They tasted really nice and were a nice shape but I wasn't over keen on the colours. I'd have preferred them to be brighter.

DD1 and her best friend loved making their Pebble out of Pebbles .

It's not how I planned to decorate it but I'm not 10 and they had a great time making, decorating and eating the cake and spare pebbles.

Thank you for including us in the test

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now