This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

MNers needed to try a Freesat+ box (RRP £226) and share their thoughts on site NOW CLOSED

(205 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Aug-13 11:17:19

We've been asked by the team at Freesat to find 15 UK Mumsnetters to try out a Freesat+ box with <free time> and to share their feedback on Mumsnet.

We're looking for folks who are keen to switch from their current TV provider or who want to add this box to another TV in their home. Testers should be in the UK and have at least one child at home.

Here's what they have to say: "Hello. We're freesat. We believe you shouldn't have to pay a monthly subscription to watch and listen to 180 channels of the best comedy, drama, sport, lifestyle, music and news. We offer free HD services from ITV, the BBC and Channel 4; freesat+ to record pause and rewind, BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand; and all subscription free."

Freesat launched <freetime> last Autumn which includes a Roll Back TV Guide that allows you to watch programmes you've missed from the previous seven days across 21 channels, a new showcase section providing top TV picks chosen daily by Freesat's reviewers, on-demand services and enhanced recordings.

Freesat is a subscription free service and Freesat+ boxes are available to buy from a range of retailers - RRP from £226.

If you're selected to take part you will be sent a Humax 500GB Freesat+ with <freetime> box worth £226.You will then need to try it and add feedback at least twice to a thread on Mumsnet. You'll be asked to add your first impressions and then to add extra feedback a week or two later to share what you've been watching, recording, pausing and how you and your family are finding Freesat.

There are some technical requirements for this product test:

- You will need a satellite dish to install Freesat. If you already have a satellite dish you'll be asked to install the Freesat box at home. If you do not, a satellite dish will be fitted for you, but you must ensure that you have access and permission (if required)
- You will also need access to the internet to access <freetime>. The minimum speed required is 2mbps, you can test your speed here

If you'd like to take part please add your details here

So long as you add feedback as required you will be able to keep the box after testing is over.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

ouryve Fri 30-Aug-13 19:59:26

Those who have cancelled Sky, but aren't successful, btw, i think you can still get freesat from sky if you still have your sky equipment and a valid viewing card. The only downside is that you have to sift through the entire sky episode guide to find the channels that you can watch.

Moonstorm Fri 30-Aug-13 22:20:55

Done. We've been looking into these

Cheerymum Fri 30-Aug-13 22:26:42

Requested - was just figuring out how best to get some channels on a new TV, didn't want another Sky box!

Katz Fri 30-Aug-13 23:17:54

Done the surgery but think I got my email address wrong it should be .com not .co.uk! Sorry

Toddlertwinsmum1 Sat 31-Aug-13 07:20:18

Done grin

IJustNeedANap Sat 31-Aug-13 07:23:16

Ooo I really really want to take part it this! I'm with virgin and they've been an absolute nightmare and I'd love to get rid of them

Mumtochops12 Sat 31-Aug-13 07:42:12

With the amount of people on here that are cancelling/have cancelled sky (including myself) because of the cost, you'd really think they'd take a look at their prices and packages and start to be a bit more flexible. They ought to do a cheaper option than the £21 or whatever it is now a month. And don't even get me started on their customer service! Needless to say I hope I am chosen as we're currently using an old freeview box which is rubbish, but when you're on maternity pay sky TV is the first thing to go!!

MamaSara Sat 31-Aug-13 09:07:51

Done. So hope we are picked as been looking at moving to Freesat for a while now but a bit clueless about satellite dishes. The main reason we are interested is because it is the only way we can get Spanish channels which would be hugely beneficial for my two children, in terms of raising them bilingually. My Spanish hubbie would also love to be able to watch Spanish TV.

Bicnod Sat 31-Aug-13 11:44:27

Done. Fingers and toes crossed grin

BumgrapesofWrath Sat 31-Aug-13 11:46:34

Done

zimbamummy Sat 31-Aug-13 11:46:38

Looks ideal for us. Our current provider is so expensive. Fingers crossed.

MrsJohnDeere Sat 31-Aug-13 14:11:53

Our Internet speed is too slow hmm

QOD Sat 31-Aug-13 14:33:12

grin

SoftKittyWarmKitty Sat 31-Aug-13 14:40:58

The would be ideal as I've just cancelled our Sky landline and broadband and moved to Plusnet. Next step is to move TV supplier so I can cancel Sky once and for all but I can't afford to buy a decent box with pause and rewind just yet, so I've applied for this. I know a few colleagues looking to change TV supplier too, so I could let them know what it's like.

Selks Sat 31-Aug-13 19:22:13

Done! Here's hoping smile

SoleSource Sat 31-Aug-13 19:30:14

Yes please smile

we're poor and cannot afford to buy

sad

shootfromthehip Sat 31-Aug-13 19:54:52

Fingers crossed- need to tighten my belt and would love to get rid of my sky!

DizzyPurple Sat 31-Aug-13 20:36:03

Sounds great so we can record Peter Rabbit! And the odd grown up programme too..

yes please, really need to ditch our current supplier.

Done smile

eeky Sun 01-Sep-13 02:47:56

Yes please! Fingers crossed.

Munxx Sun 01-Sep-13 04:25:28

Please pick me! Night feeds are making me miss everything and I would love to record TV!

Mwahahahaha, move out the way everyone, this is mine grin

ellenjames Sun 01-Sep-13 09:39:14

Me please having to get rid of sky as too poor x

cherrytree63 Sun 01-Sep-13 09:58:14

Hi mumsnet/freesat... I'd love to be included in the trial!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now