This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner reviewer feedback thread NOW CLOSED

(561 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Aug-13 10:04:00

This thread is for the 400 Mumsnetters trying out the new Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner.

Here's what Mr Muscle say about the product: "Mr Muscle® Touch-Up Cleaner offers a fast and convenient solution to kill 99.99% of bacteria and to clean the most frequently used surfaces in the home. The inventive new design makes it easy to clean surfaces and kill bacteria; simply push down on the pump to apply the formula onto a cleaning material such as a paper towel, cleaning cloth or sponge. Then, just wipe the surface clean."

Below are a few questions we'd like you to answer but please feel free to add your own comments too. Please also let us know which Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner you're testing.

- How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use?
- How effective did you find Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
- The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not?
- Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas?
- What did you like most about Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not?

Everyone who was part of the test and who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will get a £250 John Lewis voucher as a thank you.

Thanks,

MNHQ

lottytheladybird Thu 05-Sep-13 19:43:30

How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use?
It was easy to use, but what I didn't like so much was the cleaning fluid getting onto your hands when you press down on the pump with the cloth/kitchen towel.

How effective did you find Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
It was effective on stains that were not stubborn. For stubborn stains, I really needed a spray so that you could spray it on and leave it for a few minutes.

Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
I did use it more regularly, as I kept the bottle on my worktop. I don't keep any of my other cleaning products on my worktops, but as the bottle was small and not unsightly, I decided it could live on the worktop. I used it at least five times a day. I used it more than my usual cleaning products because it lived on my worktop, it was so much more convenient. The design of the push down pump is also great, as it means that you don't have to pick the bottle up.

The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not?
If it was, say, £1.50, then I'd definitely buy it, but not at its RRP. It's quite a small bottle of cleaning fluid for £2.99.

Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas?
Maybe something similar for granite or wood would be great.

What did you like most about Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
I liked the fact that the design of the bottle meant that it was attractive enough to keep on the worktops. It was in a neutral colour and 'Mr Muscle' is written in a not too stand out fashion at the bottom of the bottom. I really like the size of it, too.

If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not?
Yes, I would definitely recommend it. It's a fantastic product and there's nothing else like at on the market. As a mother of two little ones, I'm constantly cleaning up their mess, so I would highly recommend it to other mums. As a mother, you want to have things that make your life a little easier if possible and this goes a little way towards doing that I think.

shaztwins1 Thu 05-Sep-13 19:45:15

Quite easy depending on how much pressure you use

i like the smell & found it cleaned well

- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?

yes i used the bathroom one and found myself wiping every time i went the loo

- The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not?

yes i like it

- Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas?

i dont think id use it in the kitchen tbh as id need to use alot of wipes to do all the surfaces instead of just 1 bleach wipe.

easy to use and looked nice on my shelf.

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not?

yes i would, it worked very well and smelt lovely & clean.

elfycat Thu 05-Sep-13 20:07:47

I received the bathroom cleaner.

Very easy to use

I generally wipe down the bathroom daily and on the day to day stuff it was as effective as my usual cleaner.

Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?

Used as regularly as my usual cleaner

The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not?

I will be buying this again as I think this is a competitive price.

Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas?

I would probably only use the bathroom cleaner regularly, but might try the kitchen one. I could see the use for a general purpose furniture polish/wipe for sticky child finger marks on TVs, painted doors, wooden floors etc etc.

I like that it goes into the cloth, rather than being a spray which might spread beyond the immediate area you want to clean. I like the scent, which isn't overpowering. One of my favorite things is the shape which is more attractive than a spray bottle. As I have limited cupboard space my cleaners are usually visible on a shelf.

If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not?

Yes I would say that it is a product I found pleasant, and effective, to use.

lostblonde86 Thu 05-Sep-13 22:22:11

very easy, useful stye bottle to have to hand.
good, removed marks on tiles and glass.
i would say i used it more offten, using around twice a day.
yes, would buy again.
i think the kitchen and bathroom are really usefull. but not sure you culd really use else where.
the style of the bottle means could be left on the side and always to hand.
i would recommend yes, as a good easy to use product to use.

GW297 Thu 05-Sep-13 22:38:15

I tested the bathroom cleaner. I thought the design looked great and the product is very user friendly. It is quick and easy to use and it's great that it is so versatile and can be used on mirrors. I think the retail price is highly competitive (I was expecting it to be more.) I would recommend it to a friend if they asked me my opinion having seen it in my bathroom, having tried it myself and the fact that it is a trusted brand name. I use it every other day and I liked the fact that it's so quick to use so if someone decides to pop round at short notice you can be prepared! I thought it smelled pleasant and I am likely to buy that and the kitchen one in the future. A living room one for dust would be great too, please.

notsoold Thu 05-Sep-13 22:57:16

To start with I did not find it easy to turn as needed but soon got the hand of it. And I prefer to use with toilet paper instead of a cloth or sponge.
Good for everyday tidy up... Having a teen boy at home it was useful to keep the bathroom in a good state without having to use the spray products
I used it more often because it was small enough to sit in the windowsill. I used everyday and soon became a routine in the morning
I loved the design of the product and not being a spray helped to avoid inhaling the smells. But £2.99??? That is dear considering that I was using everyday....so if I don't buy again is just because of the price!
I think that bathrooms and kitchen covers everything!
The shape of the bottle made easier for me and for my mother ( elderly with arthritis). It did not look too much like a cleaning product so I left on the windowsill.
Good quality product and wonderful smell!
I was only disappointed with the smell staying on my hands.of course I had to wash hands afterwards but although the smell is really nice I would prefer it did not cling to my skin!

I have already recomended to 2 of my friends and to my mother....the quality of it sold itself and the ease to use bottle is very handy for those with arthritis. I also wanted to say that because it isn't a sprayI felt more comfortable using avoiding fumes...

mindingalongtime Fri 06-Sep-13 10:51:30

Yes! At last it has arrived!

Very easy to use on flat surfaces, but awkward to handle for spot cleaning as you need to put it down to pump it

Pretty good, easy to use too much!

No, I prefer a spray bottle as I can use one handed as I go around the house. I set about usig it last night on fingerprints wall marks etc

No, too expensive and does not last long, used half a bottle in one cleaning session and my house is NOT dirty! housekeeper finished it off this morning in an hour and hated it.

Maybe the bathroom for the sink, make DH use it after he has shaved, though he is very good about doing so

I hated the smell, very strong and had to wash hands thoroughly to get rid of it. House keeper said in her wonderful accent "gimmick, iz rubbish!"

No I wouldn't talk about it in conversation because it's not the sort of thing I talk about generally!

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Fri 06-Sep-13 11:15:47

I found the instructions on the bottle left me a little confused about what I was meant to do, but as soon as I used the product it was simple to use.

Very. It did exactly what I expected.

Yes. It was easy to use and I used it as a 'touch-up' product rather than as part of a big clean.

I think it's a bit too expensive for such frequent use. It wouldn't last long enough to justify the price. I'd buy it on promotion though.

No. I only really use kitchen & bathroom products. I wouldn't buy a product specific to any other area.

The bottle stands up by itself! My other cleaning products are always falling over and it bugs me.

Yes, the product is great, but not the price.

Michelle777 Fri 06-Sep-13 11:36:51

The product is really easy to use. And due to its small size, it fits perfectly on my kitchen work surface, so I can use it whenever needed. I like the product a lot and I use it a lot, however, the only concern is really the price. As it is quite a small bottle, it will be finished quickly. So, the price is critical. I would probably not spend the RRP on it, however, I will buy it again when it is on sale and stock up. It is a convenience product really rather than a necessity. So from that perspective, a "nice to have" rather than a "must". I like the one for the kitchen and would not buy the bathroom one. I would recommend it to friends with children (like me), who clean out after them ALL THE TIME!! So great product, will stock up on it when it is on sale.

Thank you for letting me test it!!

rightsaidthread Fri 06-Sep-13 14:06:05

Very easy to use, liked the compact size.

It's effective for small clean ups.

I have used it daily for cleaning round the bathroom sink and bath. Overall it has meant that a big bathroom clean is easier as small stains have already been dealt with.

I think I would buy it again for bathroom use but can't imagine it would last very long in the kitchen so at £2.99 would be expensive to replace weekly.

A floor cleaner would be great please

Liked that only a small amount was dispensed so not wasting the product and that it's compact size meant its easy to find somewhere to keep it,

Yes I already have for its cleaning efficiency and ease of use.

sealight123 Fri 06-Sep-13 19:56:15

The touch up cleaner was great for quick clean ups, like my daughters table after dinner and straight after cooking, but not too good when it comes to stubborn dirt as the bottle functionality means you can't spray onto surfaces to soak...but that's not the point of this product. It is Touch-up cleaner at the end of the day smile

Great smell. Great for spills and quick clean ups.

I have to admit I used this product more than other products, as using directly after a messy mixup meant that I didn't need to use products for tough dirt.

Truthfully, I usually only buy branded products when they are on offer but I would happily buy this as a replacement to antibacterial cleaning wipes

Multi-purpose is always good but maybe a spray mop style touch-up cleaner for hard floors good be step forward.

The smell and easy use with cloths and kitchen towels. Innovative concept

I have already recommended it to my mum :P Plainly because it can be used so quickly...no carrying bottles around the kitchen and bathroom.

Score out of 10- 8.5 smile

zimbamummy Fri 06-Sep-13 20:10:51

I was sent the bathroom one and was impressed. The product is really easy to use and I like the fact you can just leave it on display in the bathroom and then just grab a cloth or toilet paper to give your bathroom a quick once over. I have two young boys and often struggle to keep on top of cleaning the bathroom but this really helps and as a result I can give the bathroom a quick going over when I’m doing something like brushing my teeth or supervising at bath time. It has a pleasant clean smell too. I particularly like the fact you don't need to rinse it off like you do with other spray cleaners and it cleans the taps and mirror well. The price is fine in my opinion. I definitely think the kitchen one would be handy too so will probably get that one and would probably recommend it if it came up in conversation with other busy mums. How about one for other areas to dust? – I can imagine it would work quite well to get a duster and use it to quickly scoot around the house rather than faffing about with spray.

GetKnitted Fri 06-Sep-13 22:19:16

I'm picking it up tomorrow! I know, I know. at least everything is nice and dirty

I was sent the bathroom one. It's good. Easy to use, smells nice and good to use for daily wipe-overs. I'd buy it again.

DinoSnores Fri 06-Sep-13 23:10:12

Very easy to use.

Really impressed actually, far more than I expected to be. It has managed cleaning up DD's mess after dinner - doing BLW so things are rather messy!

I have to wipe down the table at least every mealtime and then do the kitchen counters once or twice a day. I've been using this instead of my usual product for all of them so I could feedback here, but the same number of times as I would use something normally.

It smells nice and not as strong as some of the other Mr Muscle products, does the job. Yep, I'd buy it again. The bathroom gets a quick clean each day so perhaps I'd get the bathroom one.

Can't think of another area.

Effective and smells nice

Yes, I would. Easy to use, did the job.

Simple to use, much easier then trigger sprays for my young teen with hand problems when she is doing her chores! Would be brilliant for elderly/disabled people.

Very effective, works on tea and coffee spills, sticky things like chocolate spread, and surprisingly, very good on grease.

I used Mr. this Muscle the same amount as my other cleaning products, but as it is simpler to use I used less per job....I usually use more of the trigger spray bottle because it is tempting to spray loads onto the surfaces but they then end up too wet!

I will definitely buy a Touch Up Cleaner.... I'd love to try the bathroom one next...it will be handy to eave in there and have a quick wipe around everyday.

It would be nice to have a dining/living room version...maybe with some polish in the mix for quick furniture wipe downs. I might use a bedroom one too, for bedside tables/windowsill/etc.

The lovely sherberty smell!

Yes, definitely....my mum lives with us and she loves it too.

nerysw Sat 07-Sep-13 09:05:19

Mine took a while to arrive and I got the Touch Up Cleaner for the Kitchen. It has a citrus smell which I quick liked as it smells clean and fresh.
The top/dispenser is a bit unusual as you put your cloth or sponge on it and press down. It works well though with no mess.
It's handy to have on the kitchen side by the sink to give the sides a quick wipe over and cleans well. I think I did use it more often than another cleaner because I left it out and it was convenient to use.
I would probably buy this as it's pretty useful but I would wait until it was on offer at a cheaper price.
I'd probably give the bathroom one a try too.

SalIAm Sat 07-Sep-13 15:52:31

I was sent the kitchen one.

1. Extremely easy to use. Makes one-handed cleaning a lot easier, so it's quick to pick up coffee cup if it spilled a bit, take other hand paper, press, wipe, bin. Job's done. Also, because it looks more like a hand soap dispenser than cleaning spay, I just leave it out next to tap vs under the sink. I find myself getting into contact with the spray itself easier than with sprays though, so regular hand cream more necessary.

2. It works perfectly fine for light cleaning and fresh spills. I'd still use something stronger for thicker spills that has dried out a bit or for weekly deep cleaning of taps etc, but on a daily top-up basis, this does the job brilliantly.

3. I used it often - more often than wipes or sprays for example, simply because it is to hand. In all honesty, in a lot of cases just wiping surfaces with a clean wet cloth would have done the job, so something to keep in mind. Here anyway - I will try to use it a little less often (sorry mr muscle!)

4. Price is fine and I would definitely buy again. I'll buy the bathroom one as soon as I see it in the shops (haven't looked before, might have been available for a while?). Whilst I really like the kitchen one, bathroom makes even more sense as can take loo paper, wipe and flush all in a few seconds.

5. No, I can't think of other areas needing regular touch-ups where current ones can't be used. I hate having to have a million different products where two can do job.

6. Ease of use. Smell maybe a little strong, but not off putting.

7. I wouldn't rave about it, as I wouldn't about most cleaning products really. But if someone mentions it, I like it enough to recommend. Like I said at no 1, I tend to get some spray on my hands at times (eg when using it with kitchen roll - I need it wetter for proper cleaning, but then often ends up with some soaking through if I don't use a lot of paper). I'd therefore not recommend if someone has sensitive skin. In that case, I think normal spray followed by gloved wiping better.

Thanks for this product test. I wouldn't have bought it straight from the shelf.

majjsu Sat 07-Sep-13 20:09:30

At last I received the kitchen one.

Easy to use? Yes without a doubt. So simple.

Effective? Yes it gets rid of all dirt in the kitchen, from grease, stains, spilt sauce...

Did I use it more? Yes. I currently use Anti Bac Wipes but find them not half as good. A little goes a long way, so am interested how long the bottle will last.

RRP 2.99 - I would definitely buy it again, am quite impressed.

Cleaner for other areas? I would like a Multi Purpose ie for bookshelves, window sills, tv stand, bedside furniture, bannisters...

Liked? Ease of use, a little goes a long way and faint citrus smell, not overpowering like some, plus very effective.

Recommend? Yes for the above reasons.

Kveta Sun 08-Sep-13 10:14:44

finally getting some time to add feedback! I got the bathroom one.

very easy

as effective as any other cleaner we have used

yes, used it more often, as it is just there to be used - probably using it daily to wipe down the bathroom, normally I just use a sponge, and use some cleaner once a week.

I might if it's on special offer - £2.99 is a bit dear for my budget!

i think bathroom and kitchen is fine

simple to use, and fresh smelling

probably

WhyIRayLiotta Sun 08-Sep-13 11:00:44

Really liked this product. I had the kitchen cleaner.

I found it very easy to use. So handy. Well designed dispenser. Will be interested to see how it works when I get to the bottom of the bottle how the dispenser gets the last drops out.

It was effective. I've only been using it for a week and not had anything too sticky / stain-y to deal with yet though. It's as good as spray cleaners.

Yes - it's very handy that you can use it on kitchen roll for a quick wipe. And it's not too 'wet' so I could run it over a surface in seconds. As the bottle is quite nice I was happy to have it sitting on the sink - and in situations where I'd usually use a wet cloth / kitchen paper I used it. So I did use it much more often than the sprays etc (which are stored below the sink.

I don't think I'd pay £2.99 for it. As its so handy to use I would go through it faster than my regular cream / spray cleaners. I really liked it though - so I would be very happy to buy it on 'BOGOF' or 2 for £4 type offers.

It would be great to have one suitable for glass / polished surfaces. My toddler and her sticky hands are forever marking the coffee table / TV / patio doors etc. an all purpose version would be good.

I really liked the design. Looks quite like hand wash or something- so sits subtly on the sink for regular use. I liked the smell and the product works very well.

I would reccommend this product.

Sorry for the late feedback but I have been on my holidays!

I found it very easy to use. I liked the pump action especially.

It was more effective then the wipes that I use to give the bathroom a quick clean but not as effective as the normal sprays I would use for a deeper clean.

I used it more than the wipes that I usually use to wipe over. Maybe twice a day, however I was making a effort to use it for the purpose of the review.

I would buy it if it was on offer but not at £2.99. I always buy my cleaning items based on price/offer.

I would like one that could be used in the actual toilet. Also maybe one for the dining room or lounge furniture.

It was very easy to use and didn't take up as much space in the bathroom as the normal sprays. It also kept better than the wipes that I used as more often then not the sticky bit doesn't stay stuck and they dry out!

I would recommend it if it was on offer but not for the full RRP.

Thanks for giving me the chance to try it out!

Cambam2010 Mon 09-Sep-13 09:58:58

It was very simple to use. Turn the top and it was ready for use. Very easy push down style. Dispensed a good amount of cleaner.

It successfully tackled all the jobs I put it to. A complete wipe down of all bathroom surfaces

I did feel that I used more of this product and more pieces of kitchen roll then I would have done with bathroom cleaning wipes. Because it makes the towel wet you don't get quite the same toughness that you would get with a wipe

I would probably not buy it again at that price because you need to buy other products along side it. You really need a tough kitchen towel and not one that dissolves when wet.

I would probably use it to wipe down plastic window sills and frames

It had a pleasant scent and did not leave a sticky residue like some wipes can

I would probably recommend it to people that like the convenience of a wipe but not the stickiness.

ChocChaffinch Mon 09-Sep-13 10:36:54

love the smell and the packaging - it feels very posh grin

not actually cleaned yet as have been in hospital, will be back soon

JustCallMeBaldrick Mon 09-Sep-13 11:34:49

It was very easy to use.

It seemed to be as effective as other kitchen cleaners I have used.

I did, but I think it was because it was a novelty smile

I think that £2.99 is a lot of money for something that so far has not lasted as long as I expect my cleaning sprays to. I would buy it if it was on offer.
Having said that, I am going to buy a bathroom one to try, as I do a lot more 'sot cleaning' in the bathroom, whereas in the kitchen I tend to wipe down all of the surfaces in one go, rather than a quick wipe here and there.

An anti-bac version would be useful.
The way it works. I would love to get hold of an empty bottle to use for nappy changing, as using one hand to get the lotion/cleaner onto a cotton wool pad would be so much easier!!

I would probably say that I had tried it, but that it was expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now