This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner reviewer feedback thread NOW CLOSED

(561 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Aug-13 10:04:00

This thread is for the 400 Mumsnetters trying out the new Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner.

Here's what Mr Muscle say about the product: "Mr Muscle® Touch-Up Cleaner offers a fast and convenient solution to kill 99.99% of bacteria and to clean the most frequently used surfaces in the home. The inventive new design makes it easy to clean surfaces and kill bacteria; simply push down on the pump to apply the formula onto a cleaning material such as a paper towel, cleaning cloth or sponge. Then, just wipe the surface clean."

Below are a few questions we'd like you to answer but please feel free to add your own comments too. Please also let us know which Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner you're testing.

- How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use?
- How effective did you find Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
- The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not?
- Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas?
- What did you like most about Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not?

Everyone who was part of the test and who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will get a £250 John Lewis voucher as a thank you.

Thanks,

MNHQ

We received the Bathroom and Toilet Touch up Cleaner - it was so easy to use, really impressed, no mess
Very effective

- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?

We are all using it more regularly than previous cleaner because it's so easy to use, and I leave it in the bathroom, it's no mess so you can give an area a quick clean.
- The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not?

I think that's a reasonable price and we will buy it again.

- Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas?

Agree with other comments - a product that can be used inside and out of the toilet bowl

Easy to use, no mess and nice bottle so ok to leave on show.
- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not?

Definately will recommend to others

JulesJules Fri 23-Aug-13 09:41:11

Haven't had mine yet. Can't do any cleaning then grin

SaltySeaBird Fri 23-Aug-13 11:10:46

Oh was quite sadly hoping to be picked for this (I'm a cleaning freak) and thought I had a good chance as there were quite a few. Oh well maybe I'm saving my luck for a really big product test grumble grumble.

majjsu Fri 23-Aug-13 11:12:28

I have not received anything as yet either. I hope it comes.

lottietiger Fri 23-Aug-13 12:23:52

I'm still waiting too.. seems wierd looking forward to cleaning!

sayithowitis Fri 23-Aug-13 12:36:23

Mine arrived this morning. DH laughed at me for being so excited about the postman knocking on the door! Anyway, first impressions are good. Easy to use though as someone else mentioned, toilet paper did disintegrate, so a cloth might be better. Not overkeen on smell, (but I tend not to like the smell of any bathroom products) though thankfully it is not too overpowering.

Have given bathroom taps and the mirror a clean and thought it was very effective on both, no smears either. Will update when I've had a chance to rest it for longer.

charlie7 Fri 23-Aug-13 13:03:23

I tried the bathroom cleaner

How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use?
Once I got used to it I quite liked it, but it is different to my usual products.

It really cleaned well, I used it all over and it was very effective.

Yes I used it more as it was easier to use, particularly when guests were expected!!

Possibly, I usually buy Method which is the same price. I'd probably buy it if it was less than Method.

Yes good idea, floors would be a useful area.

It's ease of use and I really liked the smell.

Yes I would, it's a different kind of cleaner and it works.

snowballinashoebox Fri 23-Aug-13 14:30:03

I didn't know that I had been chosen for this, had literally just finished cleaning the weeks grime from the bathroom and the postie arrived with my Mr Muscle bathroom cleaner.

Have sent ds in there to make some mess and will try it out later!

Rhumba Fri 23-Aug-13 14:41:07

Mine just arrived too, so will post more when I've given it a go. Kids at school so will wit til they've come back and left their usual trail of destruction..

MrsWeasley Fri 23-Aug-13 15:12:45

Still waiting for mine! Is it wrong that I am very excited about this ?

Just received this, which was a nice surprise as I must have missed the email saying that I'd been chosen. Does this mean I have to clean something now though? smile

GinetteandWill Fri 23-Aug-13 16:09:18

Very easy

Very effective, thought the smell was very pleasant too.

Have been using this every day - as a mum of two boys I am constantly having to clean little messes where the toilet bowl has been missed, and this is ideal for this.

I also found this ideal for when you just want a quick clean on small areas rather than to clean the entire bathroom - had some friends pop in unexpectedly and just dashed up quickly and used the tough up cleaner to freshen up the taps and toilet seat.

Would definitely buy again

An anitbacterial version for use on high chairs and table mats would be useful

Quick and easy to use

Yes, as its so convenient

Blatherskite Fri 23-Aug-13 16:24:33

I finally got an e-mail grin

It's fairly easy. I tend to use it with a bit of toilet tissue but that does tend to disintegrate. I've used cloths too but they they're hanging around so not quite so inconspicuous to have out all of the time. I like the bottle but with it had a plain side.

It works well ta shifting DH's post-toothbrush weetabix spit out of the sink so I love it for that. Was really pleased to find it left the mirror streak free too

Absolutely, I probably use this 2 or 3 times a day rather than every few days like I would with a normal cleaner.

I think I will. I love the convenience and the price is about right I think. I'd quite like a little round sponge which could sit on top all the time to make it easier to use.

I'll definitely try the kitchen one although to be honest, I have more cupboards/storage areas in the kitchen so it's not quite as necessary as a normal bottle of cleaner is easier to hide.

I love the convenience and the fragrance is good too although I wish it lasted longer

I think I would. It's handy to have around and works well

TeaAndCakeOrDeath Fri 23-Aug-13 16:33:06

Mines not here yet, should I worry? Has everyone else got theres?

Crazybit Fri 23-Aug-13 16:44:13

I finally got an email too! Not recieved it yet though.

Mine still hasn't arrived sad. It had better hurry up as I'm not touching the housework until it gets here.

smokinaces Fri 23-Aug-13 18:07:02

Got delivered this morning. And im impressed. Easy to squirt onto toilet tissue (have the bathroom version) to squirt and wipe over. Smells pleasant. Seems to be good thus far. Will report back after some more testing :-D

smokinaces Fri 23-Aug-13 18:08:51

Oh wow. Just seen rrp is £2.99. Can honestly say unless its a half price offer I won't be purchasing in future. I dont spend much on cleaning products, the ease at which i could use this sells it to me, but the price would have me bypassing it.

Hoping for a lot of introductory offers and promotions now!!

LovesBeingOnHoliday Fri 23-Aug-13 18:54:33

Woohoo just got my email

IsotopeMe Fri 23-Aug-13 19:00:07

Jus trot mine delivered today...thank you! Marking my place so I can try it and respond.

- How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use?: It was very easy to use.

- How effective did you find Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?: I thought I needed quite a lot of the product to get a good result

- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?: I probebly used it about the same amount which is generally every day.

- The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not? I would not buy it because similar products are available in a standard spray bottle for much less.

- Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas? : I don't think it would be necessary to have it for other areas.

- What did you like most about Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? : the fresh sent.

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not? No, because its over priced.

camtt Fri 23-Aug-13 20:50:34

Just received Mr Muscle Touch Up Cleaner and very excited to finally get something to try out. I think this will be ideal for keeping in the bathroom as it's quite compact and stays upright easily. I found it easy to use and the same effectiveness as other mr Muscle products - i.e. fine but requires a lot more muscle than on the TV ads.

I don't think 2.99 is out of the way although since it is an additional cleaner, not really replacing anything else, I don't think I will buy it regularly. I think the Kitchen version might be something I would use more regularly, around the stove plates etc

MsInterpret Fri 23-Aug-13 20:58:24

Anyone else still waiting? sad

Yes I'm still waiting.

bluebump Fri 23-Aug-13 21:49:54

I'm still waiting too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now