This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

What do you think of Amazon Family? Testers and non-testers can post feedback here - Amazon gift certificates up for grabs! NOW CLOSED

(103 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 14-Aug-13 11:38:50

This is the feedback thread for the 20 Mumsnetters who were selected to test the Amazon Family programme.

If you're not a tester but have tried the Amazon Family programme, then we'd still love to hear from you. Everyone who shares their thoughts will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 Amazon gift certificate.

We'd like you to answer the following questions, but please feel free to add any other thoughts you have.

Q1. Have you ever shopped on Amazon.co.uk for baby or child-related products before this trial? If so, what items did you tend to buy?
Q 2. What is your overall opinion of Amazon Family? Is there anything in particular you like or dislike about it? This could be about the service itself or the products on offer.
Q3. Did you use the nappy subscription on offer? If so, what did you think of it?
Q 4. Did you use any of the exclusive offers? If so, which ones did you find most useful? If you didn't use any of the offers, why not?
Q 5. If it came up in conversation, would you recommend signing up to Amazon Family to a friend or family member? If so, why? If not, why not?

All testers who provide us with their feedback will be entered into a prize draw to win a £150 Amazon gift certificate.

Many thanks,

MNHQ

HazelDormouse Mon 11-Nov-13 09:11:42

Non tester and not a user of Amazon Prime
We buy books, toys mostly, but also from time to time, household and electrical goods.
We have bought nappies from Amazon in the past.
I have not used Amazon Prime, mainly due to subscription charges and not entirely too sure how convenient and reliable Amazon Prime delivery would be - when nappies are needed they have to arrive on schedule. Also it is a hassle having to be in for a delivery. It is better knowing you are going to have a delivery within an hour slot as with tesco.
The other thing that puts me off is the amount of marketing I get from amazon local - I don't need any more.
I don't take advantage of any of their offers as I am not a member, but I did notice their offer relating to borrowing books for kindle which would be good.
I would not recommend Amazon Prime to anyone and no one has mentioned the service to me. (Numerous members of family use Amazon though.)

AnnaFWS Tue 12-Nov-13 00:33:40

Not doing the trial but did the Amazon 30day trial of amazon family

Q1. Have you ever shopped on Amazon.co.uk for baby or child-related products before this trial? If so, what items did you tend to buy?

Yes, I bought toys and books

Q 2. What is your overall opinion of Amazon Family? Is there anything in particular you like or dislike about it? This could be about the service itself or the products on offer.

I really liked the free amazon prime next day delivery which came with it. I found the promotional emails unhelpful and most the products were irrelevant to our needs. We focus on very natural products and dont use products such as disposable nappies so found the bulk offers irrelevant. I sent feedback directly to amazon saying i'd have liked more promotion of environmentally friendly products.

Q3. Did you use the nappy subscription on offer? If so, what did you think of it?

No - I use washable nappies.

Q 4. Did you use any of the exclusive offers? If so, which ones did you find most useful? If you didn't use any of the offers, why not?

No, I didn't find them useful as the weren't the kind of things I wanted to buy anyway.

Q 5. If it came up in conversation, would you recommend signing up to Amazon Family to a friend or family member? If so, why? If not, why not?

Yes because we had free delivery for a month of the trial.

MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 14-Nov-13 13:31:38

Hi everyone,
Thanks for adding your comments. The thread has now closed. Congratulations to tattiehowker who won the £100 Amazon gift certificate and LoganMummy who won the £150 Amazon gift certificate. We'll be in touch shortly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now