Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

How are testers selected!

(62 Posts)
florencebabyjo Tue 09-Jul-13 18:01:18

I think there are quite a few of us who were surprised that we weren't chosen for the F & F uniform test and the Pampers who needed 1000 testers. They wanted 100 testers and there didn't seem to be that many applied from the postings.
Could you explain how it works please, maybe they didn't use the 100 or 1000 in the end! Thanks, from one of several confused MNtrs x

GettingVerySleepy Wed 17-Jul-13 18:50:26

Is it pointless to apply for those of us who don't have children? I obvs wouldn't apply for things like pampers but things like food, etc where it doesn't specify that you must have children. Or is it pretty much always a prerequisite for the sponsors that they only want people with children to test?

skyeskyeskye Thu 18-Jul-13 13:10:47

sleepy - the thread usually specifies if you need to have children or not and the survey questions would ask for the relevant information, so if it doesn't say you need children, then you can apply.....

lissieloo Thu 18-Jul-13 13:20:12

I have to say, I NEVER post to say I've applied. Mainly because I get irritated by sad-facing when people aren't selected.

janji Thu 18-Jul-13 13:26:54

Have applied for many and luckily was chosen for the uniform and own fone tests, but don't post that I have done so. I regularly post on threads and begin topics for advice.

janji Thu 18-Jul-13 13:28:33

Have applied for many and luckily was chosen for the uniform and own fone tests, but don't post that I have done so. I regularly post on threads and begin topics for advice.

VelvetStrider Fri 19-Jul-13 20:38:02

Ironically, now I've posted on this thread, I've been picked to test rapeseed oil! First time I've been picked for yonks!! grin

morethanpotatoprints Sun 21-Jul-13 23:51:30

I enter relevant comps for me/family and have so far won F&F uniform trial and Karcher steam mop trial.
I am never usually lucky.
I also don't post that I have entered the comp/review.

Fraxinus Mon 22-Jul-13 00:11:28

By the posts on here it seems the f&f uniform one is a product test that has had winners chuffed, and not-lucky-this-timers disappointed.

Please please please can we have more school uniform opportunities? I would LOVE to have a few new school trousers, the next size polo shirts and some socks that were actually white not grey for dc to go back to school with.

For some if us it really boosts our family economy.... I was able to buy a clothes horse and some posh cleaning products with one of the vouchers I got, which I wouldn't have been able to get otherwise, and they have made a real difference to me.

I am, like others, really grateful for the freebies and the vouchers. Thank you thank you thank you, lovely mumsnet, for setting these things up for us.

PearlyWhites Thu 01-Aug-13 22:49:48

I got picked for pampers I have two in nappies maybe that was why?

mumofthemonsters808 Thu 01-Aug-13 22:57:03

I've applied for several and never got picked for anything but my time will come (she says !!).

IKnewHouseworkWasDangerous Thu 01-Aug-13 23:20:30

Hi MN,

I used to get picked quite often (yeah me, today dd was playing with the mlp train we got last year.)

Then I won a prize as a result of 1 test but I never got it. It appeared one of my lovely old neighbours thought it was ok to steal chikdrens shampoo.

I have moved house since then (so no they are no longer a worry) but have never been chosen to product test since.

I just wondered if I am on some kind of list and should give up trying?

Thanks

I was chuffed when I was picked for the nappies but a little gutted when I didn't get to test drive the Rav 4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now