This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Have a child of school age and want to try out F&F’s new schoolwear range? Get £100 worth of F&F online vouchers to spend on your DC and yourself!

(311 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Jul-13 16:23:24

F&F has asked us to find 100 MNers to test out their F&F schoolwear range with their DC and provide feedback.

Here's what F&F say about their range, "At F&F we're really proud of the value and quality of our products and have spent the last year really improving our schoolwear range. Our schoolwear offering, which is available online all year round, is designed to last. With features including Teflon® fabric protector across skirts, trousers and pinafores, we believe that we've made it easier to get those stains out. Also, we've included adjustable waistbands to ensure a more comfortable fit for your children that will also help the items last that little bit longer as they grow. Finally, we've helped reduce the ironing with our permanent pleats in skirts. We'd love to see what Mumsnetters think about our F&F schoolwear range and we want to know if you agree with the outstanding quality too!"

We're looking for UK Mumsnetters, who have at least one child of school age who wears school uniform, to put the range to the test before the new term starts. If you are selected, you will be sent £100 worth of Tesco online vouchers*. We'd like you to use some of this to buy items from the F&F back to school range and the rest is a gift for you from F&F to treat yourself to some new items for the school run!

Delivery charges aren't included in the e-coupons, however there is the option to 'Click and Collect' which delivers your order to your nearby Tesco, free of charge, by the next day if you place your order by 3pm. We are aware that the summer holidays are fast approaching so we're looking for Mumsnetters who are available to carry out this product test as soon as possible.

Once you have had a chance to purchase a few items and kit your DCs out in a new uniform we'll ask you to get your LOs to put it through its paces and for you to give it a couple of washes before adding your feedback to a thread on MN.

If you're interested in taking part, please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck,

Michelle @ MNHQ

NB: You will receive x4 £25 vouchers, for each voucher you will need to spend the full value, or more.

5madthings Fri 05-Jul-13 22:32:01

We have two and a half weeks till end of term, break up on the 24th. It is odd but my boys have grown out of their trousers, I have been ending ds2 in in his as I refuse to get new trousers when he starts t high school in sept! But he needs some, all four boys do tbh, I normally go to m&s but would like to see if tesco can offer good value and good quality, esp with four boys if stuff is good and I can hand it down I will be pleased!

Now if tesco could kindly invent a white polo shirt/school short that STAYS white, doesn't grt stained or go a grotty grey colour they would be guaranteed my custom!

LackaDAISYcal Fri 05-Jul-13 22:39:06

but it'll be about a week before the end of the sign up period to give as many as possible a chance to sign up, and if tesco are anything like some of the other advertisers, there is always a delay between finding out you are in and getting the vouchers, a few days for the ordering and delivery...even with three weeks left, it's only around a week of testing; less if, like our school, the last two days of term are being taken as inset days. How much repeated washing are you going to get in in that time to test stain resistance, shrinkage, fade resistance, stay-in properties of skirt and trouser pleats, scuff resistance of knees etc. It's just not realistic, and I'm sure Tesco must know this.

steppemum Fri 05-Jul-13 22:42:07

I don't see how we can test them for durability, but I have trouble getting ds trousers that fit, and styles dd1 will wear, so can test them for that.
And if the girls trousers don't have pockets, I can give them an immediate thumbs down from her grin
I am also fussy about softness and feel of polo shirts and if they shrink/lose shape when washed.
I will happily put everything through 3/4 consecutive washes, to see, but it really doesn't compare to a whole terms wear.

still, I'll happily buy them all uniform and wear it now ready for september!!

steppemum Fri 05-Jul-13 22:43:16

Oh - just realised - do I have to buy it on-line??? How can I try anything on???

5madthings Fri 05-Jul-13 22:43:40

Well I shall make the,'wear the, for the first week of the holidays as well grin

All true, LackaDAISIcal, but my PFB can hammer a brand new white polo shirt in less than half an hour hmm grin and as I say I've had collars disintegrate in the first 30-degree wash so I think if they're truly dreadful (which one wouldn't be terribly surprised by, at those prices) it will be obvious very quickly.

One observation I already have from looking at the utterly crap website is that it's going to be a nightmare choosing the right size - which is in itself useful feedback, I would hope.

I am starting to think I have cocked up with holiday dates reading this thread. We break up two weeks today. We are visiting relatives in Kent travelling from Yorkshire and wanted to avoid that hideous traffic on first weekend of hols so are going in three weeks...I take it that is when everyone else breaks up. Grrr!

5madthings Fri 05-Jul-13 22:49:26

I agree with horry my boys can trash a new uniform in minutes, esp polo shirts amdm trousers, think messy play, scootering, football, wear to knees etc. I wash everyday as well.

youarewinning Fri 05-Jul-13 22:52:39

Done. ASDA uniform crap and other option expensive.
Come on Tesco - impress me grin

Jux Fri 05-Jul-13 23:01:48

DD's nearly 14. The size guide doesn't give a hip measurement, so I couldn't order anything until I knew the answer to that.

Otherwise, I'd happily try some trousers out on her, for you.

AnneEyhtMeyer Fri 05-Jul-13 23:05:07

Oh, remove me too, only one week left of term. Thought this was for September! What a bizarre time to do this test!

steppemum Fri 05-Jul-13 23:09:09

fan- we break up on 24th

That's my plan foiled then!

Tesco can't run to free delivery for a product test? hmm

LackaDAISYcal Fri 05-Jul-13 23:15:27

I can just imagine the furore in my house if I told my kids they had to wear uniform in the first week of the holidays grin

5madthings Fri 05-Jul-13 23:24:01

Well yes I can't see them being happy, bribery may work...tho I may end up bankrupt! grin

Jux Fri 05-Jul-13 23:50:38

Mind you, I can only test the trousers as the summer uniform shirts can only be got from the school shop. Will look at shoes, though.

NannyPlumIsMyMum Sat 06-Jul-13 00:13:21

Yes please - I would love to try F and F uniform smile
Nexts uniform is absolutely shocking quality so I'm looking for an alternative!

thecatfromjapan Sat 06-Jul-13 00:43:40

I'm excited about this, too.

I live in hope of locating attractive school outfits.

And trousers that fit my older teen - that aren;t adult, at adult prices.

Lavenderloves Sat 06-Jul-13 06:34:29

Horry, you need to wash clothes and wear them repeatedly to do a true clothes test.

Clothes need to be pulled on and off by children, they need a true wear, saying your children are hard on clothes is not the same.

I'm betting tesco paid Mumsnet well for this test. Next year when you see " clothes voted 9/10 for wearability by mumsnet testers" you will understand how crap products are endorsed by people you trust.

Done

florencebabyjo Sat 06-Jul-13 07:45:09

it's worth trying these out. I'm a bit mystified though by the online vouchers. It would make much more sense to have a giftcard to go and hold up clothes for our DC's to check sizing, they're all so variable.

LilRedWG Sat 06-Jul-13 08:57:36

I'll happily see what damage DD can do!

poorbuthappy Sat 06-Jul-13 09:07:22

I have applied but seriously I thinks some explanations are needed.
How does 2 weeks wear (probably more like 1 week once people are picked, get the vouchers, you order and then get delivery) constitute a product test?

Januarymadness Sat 06-Jul-13 09:54:53

Oh you might want to bin my application then. Dd doesnt start school till september. Shame really as she puts all clothes through their paces!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now