Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Fancy test-driving the new Toyota Auris Hybrid? Sign up here!

(60 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Jun-13 11:22:02

If you weren't lucky enough to be chosen for the Toyota Verso test drive (or somehow managed to miss it!) never fear, we're now on the hunt for 8 Mumsnetters to take part in a 2-week test-drive of the new Toyota Auris Icon 1.8 Hybrid.

Here's what Toyota says about the car: "In the Toyota family, the Auris is the compact family hatchback with a difference, packed with attitude, fun for the kids and even more fun for you."

For more info on the Auris please visit Toyota's website.

This test drive is open to all UK Mumsnetters with at least one child under 16.

The test drives will be split over 2 waves - 15th - 28th June and 29th June - 13th July. So please only apply if you're around for the duration of one of these waves, and indicate on the sign up form which dates you'd prefer.

Those of you who are selected to take part will need to pick the Auris up from a dealership in one of the following locations:
Manchester
Oxford
Edinburgh
South London
You can either leave your car at the dealership or arrange for the Auris to be collected from your home after the test drive.

Testers will be required to post regular feedback (at least twice a week) on a thread on Mumsnet and also take photos of the test drive. The photos may be used on Toyota's pages on Mumsnet and possibly elsewhere.

Additionally, we'd like 5 out of the 8 testers to take video feedback throughout the test drive on their smart phone. The videos will need to showcase all of the features the Auris has to offer, specifically how it feels to drive a hybrid. If you're happy to take video footage please indicate this on the sign up form (link below). Each of the testers making videos will receive a £30 Love2Shop voucher as an additional thank you!
The videos will be used on Toyota's pages on Mumsnet, hosted on YouTube and possibly elsewhere.

Small print:
In order to take part in the test drive you (and anyone else who will be driving) must:
~ be a UK resident
~ be aged 21 years old or over
~ hold a valid UK driving license
~ have no convictions for dangerous driving.
A driver declaration form will need to be completed; proof of identification and a valid driving licence (both photocard if applicable and paper part) will also need to be presented upon collection of vehicle and continue to be valid before the winner can take the test drive.

So, if you'd like to test drive the Toyota Auris please sign up here.

We'll be in touch with those selected by 11th June. If you're not selected, there will be more opportunities coming your way so do keep a look out!

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

Too far for me too, frustrating as I work practically next door to a Toyota place. I missed out on the Verso on as well sad.

Crikeyblimey Tue 04-Jun-13 13:59:32

I've signed up. This couldn't come at a better time. We are looking for a second car this summer. Cheers.

Groovee Uruguay Tue 04-Jun-13 15:53:19

Bum I go on holiday on the 28th!!! I live right next to the dealership too!

Lillabet Wed 05-Jun-13 15:24:25

I have signed up and would love to be picked as I am married to a hybrid sceptic!

LillethTheCat Wed 05-Jun-13 16:07:15

I missed the previous one and was very envy of those who got given the chance. I have signed up for this, so my fingers are crossed. Id happily take a day trip out to pick it up and swap my old Toyota for a new one (even though it is only for a couple of weeks)

LillethTheCat Wed 05-Jun-13 19:26:26

Actually I was just thinking of something earlier. Do we need to have a deposit or anything? You do on renting a car and I was just wondering if this had similar conditions.

NotSoNervous Wed 05-Jun-13 20:52:47

I really really want to test drive this!!!!!!

Questions so far make things a bit misleading - don't have a car atm, but when/if I did I'd be driving it everyday. I'll add in in the box at the end anyway but I don't want to give the impression via the questions that the car wouldn't be used (it will, it will - it'll be used and loved and only given back very very reluctantly misses having a car very much )

GobbySadcase Wed 05-Jun-13 23:05:26

Done, not that they'll pick me, they never do...

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Thu 06-Jun-13 19:08:36

I've signed up but I'm going on holiday on 27th so if I can't cut the test drive short by 2 days, just disregard my application!

alemci Thu 06-Jun-13 19:42:50

have signed up also. excited.

rubyflipper Thu 06-Jun-13 23:05:27

I've signed up grin

CharlotteBronteSaurus Fri 07-Jun-13 10:59:01

yes, is there a deposit in the event of scrapes ? - I would be pretty nervous about this

clux73 Fri 07-Jun-13 13:09:56

Dear Mumsnet, can I apply for my husband to drive it as I haven't driven for years?

Thanks

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 07-Jun-13 14:09:39

clux73 yes you can - just make this clear in the 'other drivers' information box, and you'll need to add your DH's feedback to the thread if you're selected.

CharlotteBronteSaurus and LillethTheCat you don't need a deposit, just both parts of your driving license.

LillethTheCat Fri 07-Jun-13 15:23:41

Thanks KatieB. Im nervous too. Im a good driver, but not everyone is. I can't afford to pay anything out to cover it if someone were to scrape me while I was parked for example.

GirlOutNumbered Sat 08-Jun-13 06:58:31

No one can ever collect anything from Devon. <sighs>

MiconiumHappens Sat 08-Jun-13 18:51:45

Done smile

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sat 08-Jun-13 20:03:03

thanks Katie
I promise that I don't make a habit of crashing, but like Lileth have been on the receiving end of more car park scrapes than I'd like.

blue22 Sun 09-Jun-13 10:17:40

I've just signed up - really hope I get chosen. My Yaris is on its last legs and too small now we have 2 DC. I've been wondering if the Auris would be a good option for my next car. Be brilliant to try it for 2 weeks first.

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 10-Jun-13 17:39:48

Emails have now been sent to those selected. Please make sure you check your junk folders too thanks

grin

sad (at least there's nothing there atm)

alemci Mon 10-Jun-13 18:20:21

does it matter if you have a pink paper license. also are you covered by their car insurance?

LillethTheCat Mon 10-Jun-13 21:46:04

I didn't see anything in mine. They're obviously waiting for me to test drive something better like the rav 4 wink grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now