This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Calling coffee lovers: try the Tassimo coffee machine with coffee T DISCS - worth £99 and get to keep it afterwards!

(317 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 13-May-13 10:35:40

We're looking for 16 Mumsnetters to put the Tassimo T20 coffee machine to the test. Here's what Tassimo say about the product: "Boasting a fresh, contemporary design, the Tassimo T20 machine is guaranteed to look the part in any kitchen. With its stylish and compact curves, it hardly takes up any worktop space, and it?s easy and fun to use."

Those selected will be sent the Tassimo T20 coffee machine (RRP £99.99) plus 2 packs of T DISCS to ensure you get your caffeine fix throughout the trial grin. Testers will be required to try the product out over the course of one week and add their feedback to a thread on Mumsnet and also add a review to the MN reviews area here.

This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters who like a good cuppa.
So if you'd like to take part please sign up here

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

How did I miss this?!?! sad

Nerfmother Sun 02-Jun-13 17:34:27

Hahahahah.

Sorry. That would so happen to me.

QOD Sun 02-Jun-13 17:28:29

envy puke Ruprecht!
I've had my first disaster! I put a costa pod in, then realised I needed to turn the thing on and had to re open and close the top thingy. I think I then punctured an extra hole accidentally and basically the coffee grains and water went eeeeeeeeeeverywhere!!!!

Ruprekt Sun 02-Jun-13 17:14:46

QOD.....Thanks so much for the lemongraass tea!

It is truly truly vile as a chai latte but......I added hot water and drank it without milk and it was lovely!!

Dh not keen on the costa cappuccino as the fake milk spoils it.

Both boys loved the cadburys hot choc!!

Nerfmother Sat 01-Jun-13 17:37:01

Omg the costa Americano is lovely! Was worried after the manky Kenco Colombian but yay!

smileyhappymummy Fri 31-May-13 23:34:38

Coming to this late as we ended up going away a bit unexpectedly (long story!) and got back today to find the tassimo t20 waiting for me! Was slightly confused initially but then checked my email and realised it was from the product test. Liking the look of it so far, too knackered to have set it up and tried it out yet so will do that tomorrow and add feedback. In the meantime, very excited to have been picked, very cool surprise!

QOD Fri 31-May-13 22:55:16

Oh you really get a huge box of coffee pods for £40!! I like the carte noir with latte milk added
I love the costa one we bought

That's as adventurous as we got

Nerfmother Fri 31-May-13 20:38:56

Well there are some gorgeous ones ( milka, earl grey, some coffee) so yes definitely appreciating the free stuff

tinypumpkin Fri 31-May-13 20:34:55

I got the discovery pack today also Nerf. I liked the machiatto, very nice. Not good for trying to lose weight though! Not tried anything else as yet.

Ruprekt Fri 31-May-13 20:28:32

Our Carte Noir coffee is lovely.

Twinings tea is fab too. smilesmilesmile

(Maybe I just appreciate free stuff!!) gringrin

Nerfmother Fri 31-May-13 10:27:01

Box of ordered stuff has arrived: I was hoping the discovery pack would have more variety but its coffee it earl grey tea - I was thinking flavoured stuff for some reason. The hot chocolate was good according to kids ( ordered separately) but I wonder if that's because I didn't realise it came with a creamer and just added a big glug of milk.

Nerfmother Fri 31-May-13 09:21:08

Hmmm. That's a shame: dh likes the cream stuff that you drink without milk, but the breakfast tea was weak and a bit stale tasting. The coffee was undrinkable really. Hoping some of the flavoured stuff is nice.

HandMini Fri 31-May-13 08:57:39

Nerf, the Costa stuff is the same. Weak and nasty tasting. No richness, no aroma, no beany/chocolates yummyness. I had to break out my Bialeti this morning and go back to the stove top as I couldn't face the Tassimo coffee.

Nerfmother Fri 31-May-13 08:41:05

Really disappointed with the Kenco coffee as it tastes like coffee flavoured water.

Ruprekt Thu 30-May-13 22:11:59

Ahh thanks so much QOD smilesmilesmilesmilesmile

Will con DH into drinking it if really vile!! grin

QOD Thu 30-May-13 21:59:58

Tea posted grin

I reckon it'll get posted on again!

HandMini Thu 30-May-13 08:58:36

Caramel latte sounds like my kind of thing. I've got the Suchard chocolate.

Nerfmother Thu 30-May-13 07:59:07

Which chocolate are you using? Just ordered the milka stuff and also the mixed collection pack? And the caramel latte. And the intense espresso. Sigh.

tinypumpkin Wed 29-May-13 23:20:21

I don't think the choc tastes great but loving the coffee Handmini. It's the product I agree.

QOD Wed 29-May-13 22:51:11

You put the coffee thru, use a proper mug, then put in a latte pod and it makes a full cup.

Nommmmmmm

I picked up a box of costa latte in Twatrose today, I don't normally do waitrose but I knew, just KNEW they'd have the pods

Ruprekt Wed 29-May-13 22:33:17

I luff you Handmini!! smilesmile

HandMini Wed 29-May-13 22:32:08

Sorry, I will go away and stop posting in a minute, but I just made another hot chocolate (am nothing if not tenacious) and looked at the pod afterwards and there was loads if bloody chocolate left in it. Not happy.

Rup - PM me your address and I'll send you a handful of hot choc pods.

Ruprekt Wed 29-May-13 22:07:00

Waaaaaaaaah!!!!!!

Would anyone like to send me a hot choc pod?????

In return for a hug or a smile or a breakfast tea pod???smilesmilesmilesmile

HandMini Wed 29-May-13 21:37:03

Feel free to follow my Qs, they are not copyrighted! wink

Tiny, do you have the Suchard hot choc as well, please tell me if you also think it tastes plasticy.

tinypumpkin Wed 29-May-13 21:34:26

Ah, I thought I missed the Qs too!

I have also been buying on the Tassimo site, this could become expensive here also! Still loving the coffee though and about to enjoy a hot choc to go with my marking smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now