Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

Pampers Baby-Dry nappies - tester review thread

(710 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-May-13 13:31:31

This thread is for the 1,000 MNers who've been trying out Pampers new Baby-Dry nappies with their baby/child. Below are some questions to get you started but please feel free to add other comments too.

All testers will be entered into a prize draw to win a £250 Love2Shop voucher if they do the following:
~ add their feedback to this thread
~ complete this short survey
~ writes a review of the nappies here

Please state the age of your baby/child and the size of nappy you were trying in your response.

Q1 What was your overall impression of Pampers Baby-Dry nappies? Would you use them again? If so, why? If not, why not?

Q2 How did they compare with other nappies you've used in terms of dryness and leakage protection?

Q3 We've included some info on how much Pampers Baby-Dry nappies cost below - do you think that they're good value for money or not? Why?

Q4 If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Pampers Baby-Dry nappies to other parents? If so, why? If not, why not?

Pampers Baby Dry:
Carry Pack - £6.49
Economy Pack - £9.99
Jumbo Box - £12.99
Mega Box - £17.49
Giga Box - £22.99

You can find more info about Baby-Dry here.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw!
MNHQ

HelloKittyHannah Tue 07-May-13 19:24:43

My son is 3 1/2 months old and we tested the size 3 nappies. He weighs about 13.5lbs.

Q1 What was your overall impression of Pampers Baby-Dry nappies? Would you use them again? If so, why? If not, why not?

Overall I was happy with the performance of the nappies. I haven't had any issues with wee leaks even after he's been in it all night. They are much nicer to use than all the other brands I've tried. Much softer, thinner and stretchier in the leg giving an overall impression of greater comfort for baby. They also don't smell quite as bad as a lot of the other brands.
My only complaint is that they offer no protection whatsoever from breastfed baby poo! It doesn't matter how tight I do them up, it just explodes straight up the back. Ever since my first son was born nearly 9 years ago I've preferred Pampers to any other brand, however I have been steering clear this time around because of the poo explosions. I never had this problem with my previous 2 boys when they used Pampers, maybe my youngest just explodes with extra force?! I feel a bit of extra stretch in the waist band would possibly help combat this.
Now my son has started sleeping through the night more I'd happily use Baby Dry over night, but for daytime protection I'll keep looking for a better nappy.

Q2 How did they compare with other nappies you've used in terms of dryness and leakage protection?

For dryness and protection from wee leaks I can't fault them. Compared to other brands my son needs changing far less frequently and they don't stink as soon as they're wet unlike some other brands.

Q3 We've included some info on how much Pampers Baby-Dry nappies cost below - do you think that they're good value for money or not? Why?

They are pricey however cheaper nappies are often false economy. Supermarket brands often need changing in the middle of the night which interrupts baby's sleep whereas I can trsut Baby Dry to last through until morning.

Q4 If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Pampers Baby-Dry nappies to other parents? If so, why? If not, why not?

Yes I'd happily recommend Pampers Baby Dry to other Mums. They're great for nighttime use.

threesypeesy Tue 07-May-13 19:31:48

I Love them they kept my daughter dry all night saving me from her usual 4am change. They fit snuggly at the waist and hips where we usually struggle to find any other brand that fit as well and that do not have bulging at the bum
We experienced no leakage from them at all and usually dd has a problem with leakage from the thigh area as it can be difficult to find another brand that is shaped aswell to fit. She showed no signs of irritation or redness from nappy when she had been wet or in the morning which is fab.

I think they are great value for money given the standard and reputation of the brand. I have no problem in paying above the cost of other nappies to receive such good quality and protection for my daughter

*Q4 If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Pampers Baby-
Dry nappies to other parents? If so, why? If not, why not?*
Yes I would definitely recommend them to anyone as a great wearing/fitting nappy from a reputable brand that does exactly what it says it does.

FMJ1000 Tue 07-May-13 19:31:58

As a user of Pampers New Baby, I was keen to see if Baby Dry performed better. I would use the Baby Dry again but I do find the strong chemical smell off-putting and seeing as there are other brands that perform just as well without the smell, my recommendation would be mixed. They are slightly less bulky than some nappies which is positive but the sizes are less generous than other brands.

Great dryness and hardly any leaks. Our little one sleeps ten hours and he's still comfortable in the morning when he wakes.

Pampers are generally more expensive per unit. However as they have good absorbency, they last longer when baby just riddled. Regular offers however in supermarkets means they come up the same price as other cheaper brands. Do your homework to save money!

I would discuss all of the above! I like the Pampers brand but the strong chemical smell does put me off, especially when taking my son out in public!

FMJ1000 Tue 07-May-13 19:34:02

Oops, he's 9 weeks old, 13lb and wears size 3!

Piemother Tue 07-May-13 19:36:35

Just marking my place so I can find the thread again. Starting the trial tomorrow grin

Roseland Tue 07-May-13 19:36:59

I used Size 4 on our 19 month old.

I really like them - we would definitely use again

Very well - they are definitely the best.

Yes, they are not much more expensive (particularly with all the offers) and you get value for money as they are so good.

Yes - they really keep baby dry and that is the most important thing.

mamaLou13 Tue 07-May-13 19:37:03

Please state the age of your baby/child and the size of nappy you were trying in your response.
I tried these size 3 nappies on my 11 week old dd.

I quite liked these nappies they kept my baby's bottom dry and were nice and soft in contrast to Huggies which i found quite stiff. The only thing i was not very keen on were the designs but then that really isn't much of an issue.

They were one of the best for keeping in the giant poo's but as another poster said with some there is no nappy that could keep it all in. The only problem i had was that after a few wee's some of the tiny crystals came out into the nappy onto baby's bottom so i was not impressed with that.

They are a bit on the pricey side if i am honest as i think sonesupermarket brands are just as good and with the state of the economy at the moment people are swaying more towards a product where they cam make a saving whilst not compromising quality too much.

Yes i think i would but i would also say that they are a little pricey.

workingmumto1 Tue 07-May-13 19:59:37

I have tried the Pampers Baby-Dry nappies size 4 with my 11.5 months old DD.

They are slim and seem thin. They seem to be comfortable for my DD to wear - she's walking, running, climbing etc. and we haven't had a leak yet. They did gap at the top around the tummy area no matter how snug they are done up. I would use them again, because they didn't leak and DD found them comfortable - but I do prefer the pull-up type nappy as they are easier to put on DD when she is so active!

DD has only leaked with the Boots and Sainsbury's own brand nappies. The Tesco brand hasn't leaked so far and neither did these. The Pampers Baby-Dry seem to bulge more than the Tesco brand but the pampers did seem to hold poo in better - no discolouration around the sides!

They are a bit more expensive but they are good value for money in that they don't leak even when DD is climbing the furniture or running up and down the garden smile I would probably wait until they were on offer then buy them. Having said that, I can't find the bigger packs in my local stores and having to keep buying the smaller packs is off-putting because of the comparative cost.

Yes I would because they do what they claim, but I would warn them that they are an expensive to buy even if they do not leak.
If my DD does a poo, I am going to change the nappy - regardless of whether the nappy leaked or not. It's good that they last the night though - sleep is so important (for me and DH as well as DD!)

hytheliz Tue 07-May-13 20:00:22

I usually use Pampers Baby Dry and I will continue using them after testing them for this product test. They are a good quality product that does what it says, keeps my baby dry and happy!

I've come to rely on Pampers because they reliably keep my baby dry and have never experienced a leak.

I would prefer them to be cheaper and more comparable to all the generic brands.

Yes, I would recommend them because they seem to be good quality and I can count on them to keep my baby dry and happy.

Julieackland1985 Tue 07-May-13 20:04:15

1) Overall impression is that these nappies are quite good, they kept my 3 month old dry all night. They are very slim and have a cute design. They do not however with stand poop and my daughter has had several explosions. They also have an unpleasant chemical smell.
2) The nappies are very good for( wee ) dryness compared to other brands.
3) these are good value for money as I often do not need to change my lo in the night. Meaning I get to sleep a little longer.
4) I would recommend these for dryness but sadly I will still be looking for a nappy that can with stand poop and that do not have the chemical smell

We used these for DS3, he's 6 months and we used size 3.

I really like the design, they are compact enough and slim line to store and transport easily and neatly, they fit well and are flexible enough for DS as he's beginning to get to grips with getting around.
They keep him dry and he does wee an awful lot at night (he's a big evening feeder!) they hold thief shape well and don't fall apart. His skin has been kept soft and he hasn't got sore or red.

We use Pampers anyway and haven't really encountered any problems with leaking (unless its a position error on our part) but even still you can certainly see a difference with the amount of liquid these absorb.

I think they are, DS is a real struggle to get to sleep as it is, keeping him dry and comfortable is one challenge in itself and knowing you can rely on a nappy to do that is one job sorted, I can't put a price on that plus I'm not having to use tons of nappies due to leaking so a pack lasts a while.

Yes I would and I have to friends and family that have had babies, someone was using a supermarket brand and her DD was leaking in the night so I recommended Pampers to her and she's had good results.

Bearmonkeysmum Tue 07-May-13 20:29:57

I used size 4 on my 10mth old.

Q1- I was very happy with these nappies, a good fit on my chunky build ds & kept him dry & comfy through the night (about 11 hours).

Q2- Pampers are the only nappies I've found that do not leak when ds where's them.

Q3- I do think they are a little expensive & whilst I do think they are a superior product I tend to bulk buy when on offer & utilise coupons to bring the price closer to the other brands available.

Q4- I'd happily reccommend them, very comfy on little ones, excellent fit, great at keeping the wet away from skin & very very few leaks.

Rubypluslottie Tue 07-May-13 20:35:50

I was very impressed with the baby-dry nappies as they did not leek. They were very slim and felt soft to touch.

I have always been a pampers fan and these nappies did not disappoint as they kept my daughter fast asleep all night as she did not wake up with a wet nappy. They were very absorbent.

Yes I believe they are very good value for money as when you work out that you won't be needing as many nappies as you normally would as they are more absorbent. In fact I think I will actually end up saving money!

Yes I would highly recommend them to any parent, family with little ones as they are so good and help enable a baby to sleep through the night without waking up due to a wet nappy.

I tried size 4 on DD who is 2y (27months) and almost 11kg.

I liked them. I like the feel - they're not as stiff as some other nappies and feel softer. I also thought they looked nice. They were effective and didn't cause any rashes/reactions. I'd use them again.

They were at least as good as any other nappy we've tried. I thin they kept DD's skin drer and we had fewer leaks. They seem to have a good capacity.

Given the improved performance, I think they're reasonabl value for money. I'd try to buy them on promotion.

Yes. I would. They suited DD very well. Good quality, but not cheap.

I tested Size 4 on my 6 month old DD

Nice and soft. Quite a strong chemical smell. They didn't leak and kept her dry all night. Her skin didn't feel clammy and no problem with nappy rash. I would use them again as I found them nice on her skin and they moved well with her, not puckering or wrinkling and they didn't restrict her movement as much as other brands

They are definitely the best for not leaking and keeping her dry all night

I think they are good value for money but expensive and I would probably choose own brand first

Yes I would. They are good for keeping baby dry but I would warn about the cost.

Pampers Baby Dry:
Carry Pack - £6.49
Economy Pack - £9.99
Jumbo Box - £12.99
Mega Box - £17.49
Giga Box - £22.99

Lauren8590 Tue 07-May-13 20:57:30

I tested size 4 nappies on my 7 month old son.

1) Great nappies would use them again. My son didn't have a red bum which he sometimes gets from other brands of nappies.

2) I found pampers baby dry nappies much better than other brands of nappies for softness and they don't leak as easily as other nappies. My sons often wakes through the night with a leaky nappy with other brands this rarely happens with pampers baby dry nappies.

3) They are more expensive than store own brands however they are a more superior nappy therefore get what you pay for.

4) Yes I would recommend pampers baby dry nappies as they are my number one choice in nappies for my baby.

Jane0304 Tue 07-May-13 21:02:43

I used size 4 nappies on my 11 month old little boy.

Q1) My overall impression of Pampers Baby Dry nappies is, as it always has been, GREAT!!! I have used them on all 3 of my children, interspersed with cheaper, other brands, but always gone back to Pampers.
Q2) I think, over the years I must have used every brand of nappy on the market, but for sheer quality, I always end up back with Pampers. I never have any leakage issues, they always fit beautifully on boys and girls and are soft on the skin for baby.
Q3) Considering the quality of the nappies, I would say they are great value for money. They have saved me a fortune in washing leaked on clothing and bedding over the years, not to mention the fact that I don't have to change a wet cot in the middle of the night half asleep!!! Priceless in my book!!
Q4) I always recommend Pampers to my friends with first babies. Those who are on subsequent children already know!!

lindaflinda76 Tue 07-May-13 21:17:10

Baby age 4 months, tried size 3. .

I love these and wouldn't use anything else for nighttime.

They are the best in terms of wee soaking-uppage; I think breastfed baby poo tends to easily squish out the top sometimes, but our boy never poos at night anymore so these are perfect for nights. I never change him at night anymore and he hardly ever leaks.

I don't even care, I'd pay any price!

Yes!

buckley1983 Tue 07-May-13 21:26:38

I used the Size 3 Pampers Baby-Dry on my son who is 15 weeks old.

The packaging is neat, compact & easy to open. The nappies themselves are very slim, soft to touch, easy to put on baby & he seemed very comfortable when wearing them. I would be happy to use them again.

Very absorbent - particularly for such a lightweight nappy. No leaks so far & he has been wearing them throughout the night without any problems or irritation to the skin.

They are more expensive than other similar products, but promotions are often available so I tend to stock up at these times. Ultimately, I am prepared to pay more for an effective product. I feel I can rely on Pampers Baby-Dry to keep my baby comfortable & dry & this is more important to me than price.

Without doubt! Pampers Baby-Dry nappies are a great all-rounder & are well worth the extra money.

imawigglyworm Tue 07-May-13 21:38:20

Size 4 tested

They looked nice, with a fun design and didnt look too bulky. Even when wet they werent as 'bulky' as other nappies can be and my son didnt get nappy rash while weraing them. I would definately use again as definately the best nappy that ive tried.

They were very absorbant even after being worn for a full night. And they withstand a good battering from my DS who is constantly on the go and putting his hands down his nappy constantly blush they stay firmly done up so no leaks or accidents.

I happily pay the price for them as they are definately worth it. Also some supermarkets do great deals when buying them in the larger boxed packs.

Pampers is the only nappy that I personally recommend as all others i've tried dont compare.

Angle1234 Tue 07-May-13 21:48:21

Tested size 4
I liked pampers they keep my baby dry and held a lot xx yes i would use them again they kept my girl dry to reduce nappy rash so thats important to me.
I think compared to others they held a lot more they felt just as soft as others no leak so far!, only one but no nappy would of survived that!,
They were soft and i liked the patten .
Compared to others they were more expensive that would put me off buying. The amount to pay an wetness indicatetor would be good. I would recommend them but the price is a bit steep compared to others you get more nappies for your money as some other nappies are just as good.

Paperbag Tue 07-May-13 21:58:32

5 month old, size 3 nappies,

Good nappies, slim, good protection against leaks. Would use again, definitely.

Much better than Huggies and keep baby dry for most of the night (unless she's had lots of overnight milk).

They are a little expensive compared to some other brands - but they work well. So, good value for money as you don't need to use as many!

I would, for comfort and protection against leaks. They also haven't caused any nappy rash even when the nappy is on all night.

J9bevan Tue 07-May-13 22:05:39

I got size 3 for my 3month old

Q1) I was very happy they kept her dry and happy all night leak free and dry when I changed her so I'm happy

Q2) I use little angles and pampers new baby compared to both these they where just as good if not better.

Q3) They cost the same (about) as the pampers new born so I would only use them in my nappy bag and over night and use the cheaper ones in the day.

Q4) I would recommend them to friends (not as the cheap option)

Emmaw9 Tue 07-May-13 22:16:20

Baby is 5 months old and tested size 3.

1- impressed with quality of nappy. Kept baby dry with no leaks for 11 hours and nappy stayed secure. Good design.

2- Other brands of nappies tend to leak from the front with wetness or from the sides with poo. Pampers keep baby dry in the morning and no explosions on clothes!

3- Compared with cheaper brand they can look pricey on the shelves. But, when you use the cheaper brands you realise why they are priced like they are. I think pampers are good value for money as you get that better quality of nappy

4- Would definetly recommend these nappies, nice dry baby in the morning with no leakages.

OddFrog Tue 07-May-13 22:21:15

I tried size 3 for my 5 month old DD.

They are a great shape for her chunky legs and keep everything in. No leaks even with an epic Poonami in the early hours - so after nearly a whole night of wee in there too. Very impressed. We'll keep using them at night, definitely.

Better for leak protection. A bit if an odd smell thought. Chemically.

Comparible with other brands and a great bargain if you can catch a supermarket deal. I do buy on price, so a bit cheaper would swing it for me.

Yes. They work for us. I like them.

I also tried baby dry size 6 for my 3.6 yo DS for nights only and they hold toddler sized wee very well without clumping or leaking and he said they were comfy and he really liked that he didn't smell so much after he took it off in the morning. I had to convince him he still had to wash! (Hope we don't need them much longer...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now