This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Have you ever been selected for the mumsnet product tests, if so what have you tested?

(153 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Thu 25-Apr-13 19:58:30

Just being nosy- I'm excited because I've been selected to test some nappies and I've only just finished the Hoops and Crosses crisps that were sent out a few weeks ago!

I heart Mumsnet grin

HorseyGirl1 Thu 15-Aug-13 15:41:37

Finished testing the Organix baby stuff (loved that, nice food + a voucher to buy extra ingredients for the recipes!)
Waiting for my Mr Muscle cleaner too and also unreasonably excited - I so need to get out more! ha ha!

Just got picked to test Mr Muscle cleaner - it's the first test I've been picked for, so now I am disproportionately excited grin

MrGeresHamster Tue 13-Aug-13 14:49:11

My palmers rosehip oil arrived yesterday, slathered it on this morning.... I was also picked for the tesco spray test.

Breezy1985 Tue 13-Aug-13 14:44:31

Keep trying, I've applied for lots in the past and never been picked, even posted saying I was going to give up trying blush saw the mobile by sainsburys thought I'd give it a shot and we were picked and were currently testing it now, DD is very happy. smile

Yes, I have tested:
A Wii
A Leapad Tag Reading System
A Berghaus coat
Some Eco Washing Powder.

The washing powder was rubbish, but I was pretty delighted with everything else!

teabagpleb Tue 13-Aug-13 14:17:52

Only the chocolate porridge, which was too sweet but nice diluted with ordinary oats.
Got a cookbook once.

Bonkerz Tue 13-Aug-13 14:04:58

Is the youngs fish u tube advert still live? My most embarrassing product test!

Bonkerz Tue 13-Aug-13 14:03:59

Loo yes and the headlice stuff and the scwartz mixes

Bonkerz Tue 13-Aug-13 14:02:44

Lost track recently. Some times I get lots and others none. Currently doing the palmers oil and organic paste pots.
Done in past......

O2 jogger .....major fail
Aldi wipes and nappies ( converted)
Youngs fish thing and got a camera to keep and lots of free fish
Metanium cream
Bio oil
Wash tablets
Surface spray
The noughts and crosses crisps
Smoothie innocent stuff
Multigrain bites

So I've actually done quite a lot but never win the feedback prizes :0(

Groovee Mon 12-Aug-13 11:50:54

We've just received the mobilebysainsburys phone this morning. My son is loving it.

Witchesbrewandbiscuits Fri 09-Aug-13 11:29:41

its def not a fix. ive tested washing liquid and cleaning wipes, and got to go to a cinema premiere! there's been loads I havent been selected for though too. just one of those things, you need to just keep trying. I love doing it though smile

Never get picked either! Lots of sulking! Will keep trying though, some of the products look great grin

Anyone know of any other reputable sites that offer these product trials as well?? I love them!!!!! smile smile

We've been really lucky over the many years ive been on MN and done,

Sun bites,
Pasta sauces,
Headlice lotion (ooh the glamour)
Steam iron,
You tv box (my favourite smile )
Method washing liquid
And I won a feedback thread comp and won £100 in John Lewis vouchers. I've been very very lucky smile

MadameJosephine Mon 05-Aug-13 10:25:14

Nappies, schwartz mixes and tesco school uniform so far. Just applied for mr muscle and the palmers skin oil trials

BitBewildered Sun 04-Aug-13 08:14:10

Ecover wipes and Method laundry detergent. I want more!

Do you get to keep everything you trial? (obviously not the car test-drives) lol.

skyeskyeskye Thu 01-Aug-13 12:03:23

hoops and crosses crisps, Method washing liquid, Primula cheese pods, F&F school uniform £100 vouchers. I have also won a £100 M&S voucher and a pair of Clarks sandals for giving feedback/comments when required.

I've been really lucky and have tested a wide range including porridge, M&S shapewear, f&f school uniform, pampers, rapeseed oil and quite a few others. It's a really good experience.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 28-Jul-13 12:56:52

A playstation 3, with the Harry potter game spell book thing.

Groovee Sun 28-Jul-13 12:52:43

I tested Ecover washing liquid and fabric conditioner. Lasted a while. Was sad when it was finished.

shelley72 Thu 25-Jul-13 18:03:47

Have tested chocolate porridge, pampers, ecover wipes, and some washing powder. Missed out on the coffee machine and vacuum cleaner. Though I'm happy with my wins!

Duplogiraffe Thu 25-Jul-13 17:47:01

So far just Pampers Baby Dry on DS and Pampers Pull Ups on DD. hoping for something for myself next time !

BornToFolk Thu 25-Jul-13 16:12:29

All kinds of things! Mostly food and drink ones, I never seem to get picked for the steam cleaners/irons etc. envy

Off the top of my head, Appletise, Warburtons wraps, Mu Cheese, Hoops and Crosses (DS's favourite!), Ecover wipes, Pearson books, that chocolate porridge (did anyone actually like it?!), Tesco washing powder, Primula cheese pods...proably more! I did the Trutex secret shop thing and got a £20 voucher for it! I also won a £100 Argos voucher for posting on a thread which bought be my breadmaker.

I love doing the product tests and so does DS!

lissieloo Thu 25-Jul-13 15:59:35

oh, and M&S food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now