Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

Have you ever been selected for the mumsnet product tests, if so what have you tested?

(153 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Thu 25-Apr-13 19:58:30

Just being nosy- I'm excited because I've been selected to test some nappies and I've only just finished the Hoops and Crosses crisps that were sent out a few weeks ago!

I heart Mumsnet grin

florencebabyjo Fri 10-May-13 16:00:27

Hi, I've never felt so lucky!
I've had Ellas kitchen toddler desserts, Birds Eye vouchers, wholegrain challenge vouchers, noughts and crosses crisps, Ovo electricity which if we can connect wil give us free gas and electricity for a year and a childs first phone which we get to keep afterwards. I haven't won any thank you vouchers yet but love entering and get unreasonably excited waiting to see if I've been picked. Sad, isn't it...

RachelHRD Fri 10-May-13 16:31:05

I've been lucky and tested a few things:
M&S shapewear
Ambrosia creamed rice
Gardiner Ultralift
Origins Plantscriptions serum
Method washing liquid
Ontrees bank account
Pub family meal secret tester smile
Walkers noughts and crosses
1stFone which we are waiting to test

Thank you Mumsnet I love product testing it keeps my SAHM jelly brain ticking over!!

hurricanewyn Fri 10-May-13 20:37:29

I've been really lucky. We've tried the Kingsmill fruit bread, method detergent, mu Cheddar, got picked for the wonderbook but the DC both came down with chicken pox that weekend sad and the Ovo energy panel.

I also won some soap & glory hand cream.

I've applied for the B&Q one so I'm keeping my fingers crossed smile

Dyson (got free big Hoover and little Hoover)
Ford Focus
Wine (whole case)
Dettol automatic soap things
Phillips Steam generator thing
Kids first phone thingy (and if DS asks when it's going to get here again I will kill him)

blondiep14 Fri 10-May-13 20:43:51

I am currently testing pampers, and have also tested some eco washing powders.
I too, get hugely excited!

CalamityJ Sun 12-May-13 20:40:03

Currently testing Pampers Baby Dry. Used to work in market research so could never take part. Now I've changed jobs I've not really had time to get involved so happy to be picked!

Kellz92 Sun 12-May-13 22:09:20

How do you get chosen for this? I would like to do it

BoyMeetsWorld Mon 13-May-13 19:12:17

I never get picked either sad not sure how some get nothing & others get picked regularly, are we doing something wrong?

Nappies and a lovely Avent breast pump, years ago DS tested a sonic care electric kids toothbrush. smile

Doughnutmaestro Tue 14-May-13 09:58:41

Is there a knack to getting picked or is it random?

lubeybooby Tue 14-May-13 17:05:27

"Matalan school uniform, Sunbites, Breakfast biscuits, Method laundry liquid, Chocolate porridge, Tesco natural cleaning spray, M&S shapewear"

and now Clinique CC moisture surge cream too - thanks MNHQ grin thanks

Can I test the coffee machine now tooo pleeeeeeeeease?

as for being chosen it's all random I think. I have been very very lucky!

Halos and horns baby stuff
Aldi nappies and wipes
pampers nappies
sunbites
hoops and crosses crisps
chocolate porridge
cheese.mu mu
method washing powder.
£15 Tesco vouchers to spend on birds eye
£40 Tesco vouchers to spend on young's fish range.
ambroisia custards and rice puds
fruit and fibre bread
possibly more. grin

RunningKatie Thu 16-May-13 21:34:31

I've applied for the coffee machine, I'd love to try that!

So far, I've tested:
Pampers (currently doing)
Ford Fiesta
Tesco Eco cleaner
Melatanium (?sp) bum cream

I had some wine for the online wine tasting but my neighbour took it in and we couldn't get her to answer the door for 3 days so I missed the online tasting!

I also take part in other product testing and through them have done Maggi cook-in-a-bag sauces, moisturisers, razors, waxing kits, Vanish, deodrant, andrex, appletise......

My husband never knows what's going to drop through the door next! grin

BriansBrain Thu 16-May-13 21:38:40

We had the Wii bundle, Jamie Oliver home cooker, face cream and others that I can't remember right now.

I have my fingers crossed for the coffee machine!

I've tested quite a few things, including a fabulous Samsung fridge freezer and a karcher steam cleaner.

Other things were crisps and method washing powder.

I heart mumsnet smile

SE13Mummy Sat 18-May-13 23:01:07

I've tested some cheddar cheese snacks and have just received a 1stfone to test.

HellcatMomma Sun 19-May-13 18:45:57

Pampers Baby-Dry!

Can't wait to test other things though! fingers crossed

poorbuthappy Sun 19-May-13 18:48:50

Method washing liquid, MS shapewear, cheese, that funny app for your smartphone where you had to upload a video about buying a car, and the pinnacle of my testing career...

the Berghaus coat.

I too love Mumsnet.

welshpolarbear Tue 28-May-13 08:31:12

Just tested Pampers Baby Dry Nappies, didn't expect to ever get picked so a nice surprise smile

VivaLeBeaver Tue 28-May-13 08:32:28

I tested a playstation 3 with the harry potter game.

Appletiser (four massive bottles), Metanium everyday cream, tesco Eco antibac spray, oatso simple children's porridge, pampers baby dry ummmm I think that's it oh halos and horns body wash.

Appletiser was my first one and I didn't even review it in the end blush (had dd four weeks early though so good excuse!)

Bearcrumble Tue 28-May-13 08:46:41

Halos and horns kids' shower gel and some rather unpleasant healthy crisps.

Bearcrumble Tue 28-May-13 08:48:12

Oh and had a very nice free meal at a pub in Streatham as part of testing it for 'family friendliness'.

Maggietess Wed 29-May-13 19:09:28

I don't think its random at all, sure don't they ask you why you want to test, what age your kids are, your age, your employment status and where you live. Marketeers was the a certain type of person that fit their brand (I've no idea what that type is btw) . I'm guessing those that got picked most natch most criteria best.

I've only had the hoops

Maggietess Wed 29-May-13 19:41:53

Whoops sorry for the typos... I previewed and everything and still didn't notice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now