Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED More testers needed for Kelo-cote silicone gel for c-section scars. £200 John Lewis vouchers to be won!

(22 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 19-Feb-13 11:21:01

Hi GoulashSoup and KitnAryan the sign up form is now closed unfortunately, but if we need any more testers I'll let you know.

KitnAryan Sun 17-Feb-13 12:55:09

I had my second c section in nov 2012, can i still participate? The link does not seem to work.

GoulashSoup Sat 16-Feb-13 10:36:34

My scar is 3 months old, I'd be keen to give it a try but the link says the survey is now closed. Please let me know if you need more participants, thanks smile

Skang Sun 10-Feb-13 21:03:48

My (16 month old) scar is red.. its not itchy or sore though.

I'm not sure what they're meant to look like tbh! Should they not be red? Goes to google

Mines a week old, so still healing

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 10-Feb-13 15:29:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Nonky Sun 10-Feb-13 15:27:08

I have an itchy c section scar which I had three years ago tomorrow :-)

TheDeadlyDonkey Sat 09-Feb-13 07:32:52

I have an itchy two year old scar.
I'll sign up later today.

Dumper Fri 08-Feb-13 23:33:38

2 and a half yrs section scar, itch but numb when scratching.

DoIgetastickerforthat Fri 08-Feb-13 20:41:58

I've applied but my most recent c-section scar is only 4 weeks old, is that ok (I've also got a 3yr old/ 6yr old and 8yr old scar if those are any good to you)?

RollingThunder Fri 08-Feb-13 20:37:17

I have a year old hysterectomy scar. Still red and itchy. Any good to you.

OohMrDarcy Fri 08-Feb-13 20:34:11

Have filled in my form! My scar is 'just' over 3 years old... by like a month - I would love to try this!

milk Fri 08-Feb-13 20:23:45

Knew I should have gone for the C-Section :P

CitrusyOne Fri 08-Feb-13 20:22:42

Mine's 4 months old- I'll try it?

SarahStratton Fri 08-Feb-13 20:12:33

I've got a not-a-c-section scar that I'd be willing to try it on. May I sign up too?

StarsAreFire Fri 08-Feb-13 18:43:36

I'm up for that: cs scar is 6 months old smile

VictorAndBarry Fri 08-Feb-13 18:29:55

My DD has facial scars that sometimes go red - let me know if this gel would work.

I have a troublesome scar but it's 5 years old! I would have done it too.

NirvanaSmellsLikeTeenMother Fri 08-Feb-13 18:16:02

I'll do it if you'll have me grin

My scar us a year old now though.. Is that ok?

FudgeyCookie Fri 08-Feb-13 17:30:56

I've got a scar from an operation that is troublesome but not a c section does that count?

Do stretch mark scars count? Theyre raised and itchy!

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Feb-13 16:59:08

You may have seen a thread around site recently with 250 MNers trying out the new Kelo-cote silicone gel for c-section scars (here). They're in their second month of testing now and we're now looking for some more Mumsnetters to try the product.

Here's what Kelo-cote say: "Kelo-cote gel self-dries to a waterproof membrane that acts like an extra layer of skin. It's the only silicone gel clinically proven to soften, flatten and smooth the scar while maintaining the moisture balance and elasticity of the adjacent skin."

We're looking for Mumsnetters who have a either c-section scar that is less than 1 year old or a c-section scar that is less than 3 years old and is still troublesome (i.e red, itchy, raised, sore etc), to try this product over the course of three months. You'll be required to add diary style feedback on how your finding the gel during this time. Each tester will be sent a 15g tube of the silicone gel (RRP £29.99). For full ingredients list please see here.

Feedback will concentrate on what the gel feels like, what it's like to apply as well as your overall views of the gel - and any improvements noted to the appearance and feel of the scar. Please note this is in no way a scientific trial - Kelo-cote are just after testers general views and experiences and anecdotal feedback.

Additionally, we may also ask you to complete a (very) short survey at the end of the three month trial - this will focus on whether you'd be happy to recommend the gel to others and overall ratings.

Everyone who adds all three sets of feedback to the thread on Mumsnet will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £200 John Lewis voucher.

If you'd like to take part, please sign up here. If you've signed up to this recently via our panel, please do not sign up again - we have your details and will be in touch next week with more information thanks

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now