Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Chocolate loving testers needed to try a brand new children's Easter treat from Cadbury's! There's also £250 up for grabs

(190 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 30-Jan-13 13:05:50

We've been asked by Cadbury to find 70 MNers who'd like to EGG-clusively try out their EGG-citing new chocolate Easter treat before anyone else gets the chance! grin

Cadbury say: "Kids love chocolate and it puts a smile on their face but do they really appreciate that it's a 'treat' as much as you used to? We believe that new Cadbury Egg n Spoon will change that. Cadbury Egg n Spoon is a purple egg carton containing four individually wrapped eggs. You bite off the top of the egg to reveal the cracked top. Two mini spoons are provided in the pack to scoop out a light fluffy mousse inside the egg."

We're looking for UK based Mumsnetters who have at least one child aged 5-11 and who love a chocolatey treat.

Selected testers will be sent a pack of the new Cadbury Egg n Spoon for them to hide their DCs to try and to then add their feedback to a thread on Mumsnet.

So if you'd like to take part please sign up here

Everyone who is a tester and who adds their feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win £250 worth of John Lewis vouchers as a thank you.

Thanks and good luck

MNHQ

McPhee Wed 30-Jan-13 13:07:56

Damn.

<looks at 7 month old Dd>

TaggieCampbellBlack Wed 30-Jan-13 13:09:51

FFS.

First cheese only for under bloody bollocking 12s.

Now chocolate only allowed if you are under 11.

What the actual fucking hell????? [sngry] very very angry

Heavywheezing Wed 30-Jan-13 13:10:10

So you are looking for people to try chocolate?
Sign me up!

FrazzleRock Wed 30-Jan-13 13:10:46

Signed up! Very excited....

tethersend Wed 30-Jan-13 13:11:15

DD is quite tall for her age... Surely that counts?

Heavywheezing Wed 30-Jan-13 13:11:28

Only for 5-11's?
Bummer!

ScaredySquirrel Wed 30-Jan-13 13:13:11

ooh I'm going to do this - will all of my children get a chance?

Sparklingbrook Wed 30-Jan-13 13:13:43

DS2 is 11. he will have a taste for you. Signed up.

Aren't these already in the shops?

confused

<<wipes chocolate mousse from face>>

ScaredySquirrel Wed 30-Jan-13 13:16:45

the survey wouldn't let me put that I buy cadbury's chocolate for both me and my children blush. So I filled in that I buy it for them - because I'm trying to cut down a bit but failing miserably

RubyMurry Wed 30-Jan-13 13:18:58

signed up too, also have 11 year old ds who is a willing taster tester grin

Sparklingbrook Wed 30-Jan-13 13:19:44

Chaos yes they are. A lot of the testing on here is of products that are already being sold. Not sure why. confused

gottasmile Wed 30-Jan-13 13:22:05

all I can say is.... yummmmmm

McPhee Wed 30-Jan-13 13:23:26

Hmm, I'm willing to test anything that's already in the shops grin

<not desperate me, nooooooo>

DS is 11, and will love this.
since he loves cheese too and wasnt eligible for that one

AnneEyhtMeyer Wed 30-Jan-13 13:26:53

I noticed these in the shops the other day reduced to half price. Maybe they aren't selling and need a PR boost on here?

I didn't realise however that they are for over 5's. Will have to tell my 3 year old she can't have any more. confused

AmandinePoulain Wed 30-Jan-13 13:28:12

When will the tests take place? Because dd1 is literally 3 weeks off being 5, can we still take part? Purlease??? wink

TaggieCampbellBlack Wed 30-Jan-13 13:29:40

So unfair <<hurls remains of yesterdays milk tray out the window in a massive strop>>

fallenempires Wed 30-Jan-13 13:33:01

Have signed up as DS2 has been eyeing these up over the last month

LillethTheCat Wed 30-Jan-13 13:41:27

Have signed up too. Also wanted to put yes for buying Cadbury's for both me and DCs, but couldn't so I put dont know for me, but put in the comments saying I wanted to put Yes.

Spirael Wed 30-Jan-13 13:46:12

Cadbury's chocolate isn't suitable for preschoolers? shock Damn, will have to stop using it in the baking we do together!

Signed up. Sounds right up DS's street.

walkingonthemoon Wed 30-Jan-13 13:48:10

oooh go on then! Signed up.

CheeseStrawWars Wed 30-Jan-13 13:52:43

Sounds like a lot of wasteful packaging associated with this product... hmm

And what's this mean: ""Kids love chocolate and it puts a smile on their face but do they really appreciate that it's a ?treat? as much as you used to? We believe that new Cadbury Egg n Spoon will change that." - so if my kids do appreciate chocolate is a treat as much as I used to then you'll make it not a treat? Eh?

And yes, they do appreciate chocolate is a treat. An occasional thing. We are "treatwise", as you might say, Cadbury. Which is why I keep telling them they can't have Easter Eggs til Easter, which is two months off.

PS - stop messing with Cadbury chocolate you Krafty people, we know it's not the same as it used to be. Plastic spoons don't make up for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now