Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED McVitie's Breakfast Biscuits feedback thread

(81 Posts)
AlexMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Jan-13 16:26:59

This thread is for the MNers who are trying out the new Breakfast Biscuits from McVitie's (RRP £2.29 for a 6 pack carton).

So testers please let us know....

Your overall views of breakfast - what you normally have, where you normally eat it - if it's normally a rush?
Your first impressions of the Breakfast Biscuits
How well the Biscuits work as an "on the go breakfast solution" - where did you eat them?
How would you describe/ rate the taste?
How do these compare to other breakfast biscuits you may have tried/ bought?
Would you buy these again? If so why? If not, why not?
Any other comments?

Everyone who is selected as a tester and adds feedback as required will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will get a £250 voucher.

Thanks
MNHQ

Your overall views of breakfast - what you normally have, where you normally eat it - if it's normally a rush?
Normally try to eat it before the kids wake up, either have toast or cereal. If the kids are up it's normally shared with DS1 & in a rush.

How well the Biscuits work as an "on the go breakfast solution" - where did you eat them?
You can eat them anywhere, very good for DS1 when he refuses breakfast, he can have them in the car. DH has also had them in the car. I've eaten them as a passenger in a car, but not as a driver.

Overall pleasant, but quite sweet. Bit of a strange, almost 'fizzy' aftertaste that I can't quite put my finger on.

Haven't tried any others, but was pleasantly surprised, was expecting cardboard to be honest.

I would be interested to try the Oats & Honey flavour. I wouldn't immediately chose it for breakfast but a useful standby.

Any other comments?

Mehrida Japan Thu 07-Feb-13 21:07:29

I either spoil myself to a bowl of cereal if DS has gone down for a nap in his cot or I grab something as we're rushing out the door.

The external box was attractively enough packaged. However, the biscuits themselves were packaged pretty cheaply. Nothing attractive about clear plastic!

Grabbed them a couple of times when I was rushing out the door. Didn't work hugely well as they're quite crumby so got bits everywhere.

They're not 'not nice', but they're a bit bland, and I found they stuck to my teeth. Would've liked a bit more fruit to give them more flavour.

Quite like the odd nutri-grain. These aren't quite as nice.

Hmmm, probably not. Just not that tasty or filling, sorry!

Any other comments?

AlexMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Feb-13 14:01:46

JustFabulous says "Ds1 aged 11 said more berries would be nice as he couldn't really taste them. 9 year old dd loved them. 7 year old ds said they were v nice."

AlexMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Feb-13 12:15:04

bakingqueen says: Biscuits were a big hit taste wise with us all, would have preferred a variety of flavours in the box however for a bit of variety.
They had a very dry texture however and broke very esaily which would put me off taking them out with me.

Overall I wouldnt buy them just because if the easy breaknature of them as i wouldnt want crumbs all over my handbag

AlexMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Feb-13 14:12:49

Thanks for all the feedback testers! The prize has now been drawn and it is ControlGeek who wins a £250 voucher. Congratulations!!

ControlGeek Wed 13-Feb-13 18:06:46

<squeeeeee> thank you alex grin grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now