This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com..

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Kelo-cote silicone c-section gel, tester review thread - Final feedback. NOW CLOSED

(639 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 04-Jan-13 10:09:35

This thread is for the 250 Mumsnetters who are trying out the new silicone c-section gel from Kelo-cote.

Below are the first set of feedback questions, more will be added at a later date. Please answer the questions below and add any other comments you may have.

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £200 John Lewis voucher.

Q1 How easy or difficult did you find Kelo-cote to apply?

Q2. On average how long did you find it took Kelo-cote to dry? Was this a longer or shorter time than you expected?

Q3. How did you find the feel of the gel? e.g. texture, stickiness etc

Q4. Before taking part in this product test, had you ever tried Kelo-cote or any other scar reducing product before? If so, which one(s)?

The next set of feedback questions will be added around the first week of February.

Thanks,
MNHQ

GirlsonFilm Thu 17-Jan-13 11:04:26

1. Easy to apply, quite a nice feel
2. 2-3 mins, slightly shorter than expected, but every second counts in the morning when getting self and children ready
3. It did get a bit sticky if I didn't move quickly when applying it.
4. Not on my CS scar but I have used bio-oil previously.

trockodile Thu 17-Jan-13 12:34:09

Q1 How easy or difficult did you find Kelo-cote to apply? Easy, but my scar is very big-think back to front J with the loop around my belly button!-so it is slightly awkward to make sure it is applied precisely.

Q2. On average how long did you find it took Kelo-cote to dry? Was this a longer or shorter time than you expected? Generally give it 5 mins. Do it at night.

Q3. How did you find the feel of the gel? e.g. texture, stickiness etc Bit sticky but I quite like that it does not just disappear-makes me feel like it is working!

Q4. Before taking part in this product test, had you ever tried Kelo-cote or any other scar reducing product before? If so, which one(s)? No, none.

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Thu 17-Jan-13 13:44:15

Marking place in hope that scar will of cleared up soon so i can start using it!

Merida Thu 17-Jan-13 14:09:26

Q1. Fairly easy.

Q2. Approx five mins. My scar is pretty long.

Q3. Stickier than I expected it to be.

Q4. No.

helibee Thu 17-Jan-13 14:49:53

I found it fairly easy to apply

Q2. On average how long did you find it took Kelo-cote to dry? Was this a longer or shorter time than you expected?
About four minutes, slightly longer time than I expected.

A wee bit stickier than I had expected but still fine to use

Q4. Before taking part in this product test, had you ever tried Kelo-cote or any other scar reducing product before? If so, which one(s)?
I tried bio-oil 5 years ago after c-section with my ds1 but found it itchy and no great results from it

PooFlower Thu 17-Jan-13 14:58:08

I found it very easy to apply.

It took about five minutes to dry, a little longer than I expected but not a problem.

I liked the texture of the gel, It made it easier to apply and it dried nicely.

I tried bio oil after previous C section, I prefer Kelo-cote

Superstuff Thu 17-Jan-13 18:12:43

1 How easy or difficult did you find Kelo-cote to apply?

It was easy to apply.

I would always wait about 5/10 mins, when it seemed pretty dry, but I'm not sure the 'correct' amount that I should be rubbing in. I'm probably putting a bit more then is needed. It's a bit longer than expected.

I found the texture a bit sticky. When washing my hands afterwards, they still seem to be a bit sticky afterwards, even when using soap to clean them. It's normally once I've tried my hands on a towel that the stickiness has gone.

No, I've not used any other products before.

redandwhitesprinkles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:56:35

Easy to apply

About 3 mins

It was slightly sticky but better than running all over! It isn't a problem.

Have not used anything on the scar before this.

Redness has certainly reduced. My scar was quite flat but very red. Improving all the time and am very pleased.

rosyfeathers Thu 17-Jan-13 19:28:35

Easy to apply.

Took about 5 mins to dry. Which was a bit disappointing as i thought it would be instant dry. So longer than i expeced.

A bit sticky, and takes a bit long to wash off.

Never used anything on my scar. and i am really happy after using kelocate the redness semms to be less and is still lokkig better. quite pleased!

Newtothisstuff Thu 17-Jan-13 20:01:41

1. Was very easy to apply. Went on smoothly

2. Took around 5 minutes to dry, in my opinion quicker than I imagined.

3. I found it to be just the right consistency not too sticky just the right texture

4. Before I have used Bio Oil, I hate the smell and it takes too long to dry, so far so good with the trial

Donnah77 Thu 17-Jan-13 20:29:42

Q1 I found the gel easy to use, I used too much at first but as I got used to it I found I needed a lot less

Q2 initially it took about 8 mins for the gel to dry, it was a bit longer than I thought initially as I found I was hanging around waiting for it to dry so I could get ready for the school run, but as i got more used to it, I applied less and arranged my routine around it, in the end, I found the gel took about 5 mins to dry.

Q3 the gel was sticky at first but dried nicely. It felt smooth when dried

Q4 I hadn't tried any other products before Kelo-cote

kentDee Fri 18-Jan-13 14:38:43

1.I found it very easy to apply.

2. Quick dry time too. Very happy.

3. I found the texture fine. No problems applying.

4.I have used bio oil in previous pregnancy, only on stretch marks though.

BettyBetts Fri 18-Jan-13 17:05:00

Hello, very impressed so far given that I have only been using it for a short length of time.
Q1. I found it very easy to apply.
Q2. I found that it took a good 5 mins to dry enough to get dressed. It remained a bit tacky for a further few minutes.
Q3. I found it to be a little sticky, especially when wetting again but it isn't an inconvenience really at all and certainly wouldn't Put me off using it.
Q4. I have tried Bio Oil but although I noticed a difference in the comfort of my scar, I didn't really notice a difference further than natural healing.

Jaufre Sun 20-Jan-13 11:47:42

easy, but definitely need more than the 'grain of rice' the mfrs describe, at least 2ce as much - I think despite the leaflet saying it can be used on 'hairy' areas, the hairs trap the kelo cote and stop it reaching the skin. much easier to apply if I trim my pubes!!

3-5 mins as expected from instructions. A bit of a time luxury with 2 dcs.

fine, at times a bit tacky but nice to feel a layer 'sealed' over the top of the scar

no

this is my 2nd CS
in general, I haven't noticed a speedier healing of the scar than I did with my first but my scar was itchy and this stops it itchingand makes it much more comfortable so logically would make it heal quicker if it's less inflamed/irritated.

so far I like it but not sold on it as being a miracle scar healer, but definitely makes life more comfortable

miniann80 Sun 20-Jan-13 13:56:53

Q1) I find Kelo cote easy to apply.
Q2) I find it if I apply a thin amount as directed it drys quickly 3 minutes 4 at most
Q3) I like the seal the gel gives.
Q4) I haven't used anything before Kelo cote

willow75 Sun 20-Jan-13 22:04:41

Easy to apply

Q2. On average how long did you find it took Kelo-cote to dry? Was this a longer or shorter time than you expected
About 3 mins - not long
It feels wet but not sticky at all

No

smallbean Mon 21-Jan-13 10:02:49

Easy

A bit longer but not too bad.

A bit sticky but fine.

Q4. Before taking part in this product test, had you ever tried Kelo-cote or any other scar reducing product before? If so, which one(s)? None

Badmood Mon 21-Jan-13 14:53:03

Q1. I found it easy to apply

Q2. On average I didn't think it took that long. I did use sparingly, so maybe a minute or so. I have used body lotions which have taken longer to absorb...

Q3. It was a little sticky, but I thought this was down to the fact we had been away and the tube had been left near a radiator where the post had been placed in our absence blush

Q4. My scar is more uncomfortable than anything else so I have not been tempted to try any other product.

Loopyhasanotherbean Tue 22-Jan-13 16:25:32

1. Fairly easy to apply but involved standing in front of a mirror to see where scar is (flabby tummy)

2. Longer than I first thought it would take, about 4-5 minutes, wasn't sure if I was putting too much on, is thicker than I expected which might have something to do with it.

3. Stickier than I imagined, but dries ok.

4. No.

BridgetBidet Tue 22-Jan-13 18:07:06

1. Very easy to apply
2. About 3-4 minutes, would have preferred it to be quicker, I have a 9 month old and don't really have time to be standing about naked.
3. Nice texture, a little sticky but not unpleasantly so.
4. No.

OvO Tue 22-Jan-13 18:38:29

Q1 Very easy

Q2. About 3-4 minutes. Shorter than I expected.

Q3. I liked it. Felt different to the usual sorts of creams n stuff that I've used. Felt like it did properly seal the area. Was good that it didn't run, just the right consistency.

Q4. No

Angelico Tue 22-Jan-13 19:14:20

Q1 How easy or difficult did you find Kelo-cote to apply? - Easy to apply, just spread a thin layer on and it spreads fairly well.

Q2. On average how long did you find it took Kelo-cote to dry? Was this a longer or shorter time than you expected? - About 5 mins which to be honest is a bit of a nuisance with such a young baby (currently 4 months old) - but this may be because of overhang.

Q3. How did you find the feel of the gel? e.g. texture, stickiness etc - It feels fine, sticky but doesn't bother me.

Q4. Before taking part in this product test, had you ever tried Kelo-cote or any other scar reducing product before? If so, which one(s)? - Hadn't tried any other products but my scar was very good to start with so hadn't felt the need.

songbird197 Tue 22-Jan-13 19:16:10

Q1 very easy

Q2. few minutes. drying time not an issue

Q3. sticky when applying but not unpleasant once dried

Q4. no

cherrylolly Tue 22-Jan-13 19:55:15

1) Found the gel very easy to apply
2) Dried in about 3-4 minutes
3) Gel is a bit thicker & stickier than expected.
4)No, I haven't used any other scar products before.

DancesWithWoolEnPointe Tue 22-Jan-13 20:47:44

I found it a bit sticky

It took longer that I expected, about 5 minutes.

Q3. How did you find the feel of the gel?
I have sensory integration disorder and found it quite uncomfortable

Vitamin e oil and bio-oil

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now