Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

Kelo-cote silicone c-section gel, tester review thread - Final feedback. NOW CLOSED

(639 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 04-Jan-13 10:09:35

This thread is for the 250 Mumsnetters who are trying out the new silicone c-section gel from Kelo-cote.

Below are the first set of feedback questions, more will be added at a later date. Please answer the questions below and add any other comments you may have.

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £200 John Lewis voucher.

Q1 How easy or difficult did you find Kelo-cote to apply?

Q2. On average how long did you find it took Kelo-cote to dry? Was this a longer or shorter time than you expected?

Q3. How did you find the feel of the gel? e.g. texture, stickiness etc

Q4. Before taking part in this product test, had you ever tried Kelo-cote or any other scar reducing product before? If so, which one(s)?

The next set of feedback questions will be added around the first week of February.

Thanks,
MNHQ

ScottishHeather Thu 14-Mar-13 14:33:49

- Overall, how satisfied or dissatisfied were you with the results of the gel?

Very satisfied, scar is less red and seems smoother

- What (if anything) was the most noticeable result?

The redness has reduced

- Which three words would you use to describe Kelo-cote silicone gel?

Smooth, easy, effective

- The recommended retail price for Kelo-cote is £29.99. Would you be prepared to pay this amount for 3 month’s supply (equivalent to less than £10 per month)?

Probably would be keener to pay closer to £24.99

- If it were to come up in conversation, would you recommend Kelo-cote silicone gel to friends and family? If yes, why? If not, why not?

Absolutely, yes.

MyMillsBaby Thu 14-Mar-13 16:14:22

- Very satisfied

- My scar feels softer and the tightening sensation is much better

- User-friendly, Effective, Softening

- Yes I think it's better value than the traditional Bio-Oil and less greasy.

- Yes - if they had recently undergone a c-section and had expressed any anxiety about their scar.

Wildwaterfalls Thu 14-Mar-13 16:22:56

1. Satisfied - had made a difference.
2. Reduced redness and smoother scar.
3. Effective, light, easy to use
4. A bit pricy and my tube didn't last three months. But would probably still buy it.
5. Yes - already have. I know several people worried about the appearance of scars and this seems to make a difference.

IceNoSlice Thu 14-Mar-13 17:46:45

1. Satisfied on balance, has made a difference as feels less itchy, but not sure whether that would have happened anyway with time
2. Less itchy, reduced redness
3. Simple, easy, feels light
4. Bit too pricey, and c-section scar is hidden by clothing so I'm not that precious about how it looks. Yes if the scar was in a more prominent position eg face.
5. depends, I think it is pretty expensive so it depends on how bothered the person was by the scar and how skint they were.

mousebacon Thu 14-Mar-13 23:15:59

Overall, how satisfied or dissatisfied were you with the results of the gel?

Very satisfied.

The reduced redness and bumpy appearance of the scar.

Thick, sticky, smooth.

- The recommended retail price for Kelo-cote is £29.99. Would you be prepared to pay this amount for 3 month’s supply (equivalent to less than £10 per month)?

Only if I was really bothered by my scar.

- If it were to come up in conversation, would you recommend Kelo-cote silicone gel to friends and family? If yes, why? If not, why not?

Yes I would recommend it because it has worked for me.

mrsh2305 Fri 15-Mar-13 20:15:21

Quite satisfied, on a scale of 1-10 I would say an 8.

It made the scar less bumpy and quite smooth.

Sticky, beneficial, good

Probably not as bio oil is a lot cheaper and achieved similar results on precious scar.

I would recommend it if people are very unhappy with their scar and bio oil has not worked, or if they are happy to spend that little bit extra.

pinkem Fri 15-Mar-13 22:00:11

No more Itching

Smooth, Easy, effective

If my scar really bothered me then yes.

I would mention it as an option yes.

Mrsj36 Fri 15-Mar-13 22:02:36

Vaery atisfied - I was skeptical until recently when I started to notice a difference. However, I do wonder if that's because of time or the gel!

The scar has faded and flattened at one end and you can tell it's starting to in other places too. The end which is flatter isn't annoying me at all.

Worth a try!

Yes I would now I have seen results. I have used it on a new scar, my old one was horrendously itchy at the end of my 2nd pregnancy and I was considering asking for surgery to change it and this is a much better option! If I run out I may buy some more. I wouldn't if it looked red and wasn't hurting / itchy though. I will read the other feedback though as I'd be interested if it worked on old scars or just new ones.

Yes - as I said at the end of my 2nd pregnancy, my first scar was horrendously itchy and raised and red. I hated it! I know this time, that at least part of the scar will be faded & flat and that is worth it.

Thanks for letting me try it!

pinkem Fri 15-Mar-13 22:06:29

Missed a question!
Simple to use, stopped itching, smoothed the scar so very impressed.

Willowisp Fri 15-Mar-13 22:20:18

Very pleased &'actually quite surprised it made a difference

Colour change from dark pink to pale pink...am hoping it'll be white soon.

Transparent, slimy, effective

I'd rather pay less for a mths trial ie £9.99 for 1 mths supply

Yes, because it works. (am using it on another scar now blush)

bigyellow Sat 16-Mar-13 10:35:13

My replies below:

Fairly. It has reduced the redness so it has become less obvious.

The redness of my scar has almost disappeared.

Worth a try.

Only if it had been recommended by a friend as it is a lot to pay for a cream. Plus, I ran out of the cream within three months so disagree with the 'less than £10 per month' statement.

I would tell them to give it a go as it has definitely made a difference to the appearance of my scar.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks

KiwiMumofTwo Sat 16-Mar-13 10:35:51

Quite satisfied

Smoother smaller looking scar.

Effective, protective, worthwhile.

- The recommended retail price for Kelo-cote is £29.99. Would you be prepared to pay this amount for 3 month’s supply (equivalent to less than £10 per month)? Yes, but the amount should be doubled.

- If it were to come up in conversation, would you recommend Kelo-cote silicone gel to friends and family? If yes, why? If not, why not? Yes, it's worth a go. Seems to have made a difference but hard to tell how much due to the passing of time.

Sweetiepanda Sat 16-Mar-13 18:50:15

Very satisfied

Scar has definitely faded and is less raised

Smoothes, fades, works!

- The recommended retail price for Kelo-cote is £29.99. Would you be prepared to pay this amount for 3 month’s supply (equivalent to less than £10 per month)? Yes, but my tube did not last for the full 3 months. Maybe market it in a slightly bigger tube for the £29.99. Reading the feedback other testers ran out too before the three month trial was up.

- If it were to come up in conversation, would you recommend Kelo-cote silicone gel to friends and family? If yes, why? If not, why not? Yes, definitely. The appearance of my scar has improved considerably.

Emmysmum2010 Sat 16-Mar-13 20:46:56

It was easy to use and works

My scar has greatly faded and stpped itching

Effective, works, simple

- The recommended retail price for Kelo-cote is £29.99. Would you be prepared to pay this amount for 3 month’s supply (equivalent to less than £10 per month)? Yes
Yes

upthehammers Sun 17-Mar-13 14:25:30

Very satisfied.

My scar is now flatter and paler.

Sticky, easy, effective

No as I'm a single mum and on a very tight budget, £29.99 spent on a scar that no one sees wouldn't be justifiable.

I would, but I know that most people would be put off by the price.

princessnumber2 Sun 17-Mar-13 16:15:40

It was OK. I didn't notice a huge amount of difference but it hasn't got any worse.

slightly softer but not sure if this could have been achieved with a moisturiser

sticky, wet, clear

no, sorry
maybe if they had a terrible scar and were looking for something to help. not so blown away as to be evangelical though...

thank you

marshmallowpies Sun 17-Mar-13 16:57:09

My scar definitely seems less itchy than before

Quick, simple, effective

I don't think I could afford to continue buying it at that price, no.

I would recommend trying it for a raised or itchy scar if the person said they were looking for something to try out. I would necessarily recommend it for reducing the actual appearance/redness of the scar.

marshmallowpies Sun 17-Mar-13 16:58:22

Sorry in that last paragraph it should read 'wouldn't' not 'would' !!

baileyslover Sun 17-Mar-13 17:29:33

1) quite satisfied, visible improvement to scar, but not horrendous to start, and not sure how much improvement would have occurred naturally as only 7months post csection now
2) scar is less red and smoother, hardly raised at all
3) smooth, easy, sticky
4) yes, if had really bad scar
5) yes would, and have, recommend this product to someone with a problem scar

LynsW Sun 17-Mar-13 19:16:56

1) Quite satisfied
2) 2 c-section scars have faded a bit
3) easy to use
4)if it was cheaper or had amazing results in 3 months, but it is too expensive
5) would recommend it to help scars fade, but with caution as results are not quick

BollyGood Mon 18-Mar-13 10:22:14

- Overall, how satisfied or dissatisfied were you with the results of the gel
I was very satisfied with the results

my scar seemed to fade faster than I expected or indeed was told to expect by friends and professionals. I had been using something else and seen no results. When I began using Kelo-cote I noticed a difference within a few weeks

smooth,sticky and effective

yes, definitely

i have already recommended Kelo-cote to two friends for their scars. I explained about the results I have had and how easy it is to apply

AnnaKCM Mon 18-Mar-13 10:27:35

Fairly satisfied. I saw some improvement in reducing itchiness and lumpiness of scar, but not dramatic. Also found it difficult encorporating it into my morning routine as so busy with school run and baby!

Reduced itchiness and bumpiness of scar

Squeaky, clever, silky

No, it is too expensive. I couldn't justify spending that much on a product. I don't tend to buy expensive creams anyway, but would pay half the price for such a small tube.

Yes as it did improve my scar. Would say its not a miracle cure though but a good product.

fairly satisfied. i see some improvement over other scars on my body

i think the scar silvered up quicker

lasting, gentle, quality

id probably look to get it on offer for cheaper. now ive used it and know how well it lasts the price seems ok but if i hadnt trialled it i wouldnt believe that tube would last that long and the price would put me off

most probably yes

welliesandpyjamas Mon 18-Mar-13 10:35:20

About 7/10. If it were applied religiously by someone with no kudz and lots of me time then I think it would get 10/10.

Less red

Smooth, useful, clever

No, because changing the appearance of a scar which is seen by no one except me, dh, dc is not a priority and wouldn't warrant that much spent on it. If it was on my face, a very bad scar, and my career or self confidence depended on it being less obvious, then yes, I'd consider spending that.

Yes because it did improve my scar.

welliesandpyjamas Mon 18-Mar-13 10:35:56

Sorry, strange typo there...it's kids not kudz hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now