This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Kelo-cote silicone c-section gel, tester review thread - Final feedback. NOW CLOSED

(639 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 04-Jan-13 10:09:35

This thread is for the 250 Mumsnetters who are trying out the new silicone c-section gel from Kelo-cote.

Below are the first set of feedback questions, more will be added at a later date. Please answer the questions below and add any other comments you may have.

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £200 John Lewis voucher.

Q1 How easy or difficult did you find Kelo-cote to apply?

Q2. On average how long did you find it took Kelo-cote to dry? Was this a longer or shorter time than you expected?

Q3. How did you find the feel of the gel? e.g. texture, stickiness etc

Q4. Before taking part in this product test, had you ever tried Kelo-cote or any other scar reducing product before? If so, which one(s)?

The next set of feedback questions will be added around the first week of February.

Thanks,
MNHQ

InTheBoonies Tue 19-Feb-13 12:58:18

1. Have you noticed any improvement in your scar since using Kelo-cote at all, if so in what way?

I find it soothing to apply when my scar feels itchy. I have noticed some great improvement in some areas of the scar and in others very little.

2. Have you found using Kelo-cote easy or difficult to incorporate into your daily routine?

No it has been easy to do.

3. Approximately how much product do you have left (1/3rd tube / 1/2 tube etc)?

I have approx a 1/4 left.

ScottishHeather Tue 19-Feb-13 13:35:00

Hi

1.scar is definitely less itchy and a lot less red in places. Feels smoother too. Very impressed.

2. Very easy - while brushing teeth morning and night

3. Probably less than 1/3 left

Angelico Tue 19-Feb-13 14:58:02

1. Have you noticed any improvement in your scar since using Kelo-cote at all, if so in what way?

Less red but my scar was excellent to start with so maybe I am not noticing dramatic effects because of that.

2. Have you found using Kelo-cote easy or difficult to incorporate into your daily routine?

Easiest doing it before doing teeth which gives it time to dry and reminds me to use it!

About 1/4 of a tube left. I might have been a bit heavy handed at the start.

villanova Tue 19-Feb-13 16:19:36

1. Yes, less red, but I left a bit at 1 end where I have never applied Kelo-cote, to act as a control, and the treated end is very very slightly less red than this. It also seems less raised
2. Easy in the morning after shower; harder to remember at the end of the day (and I forgot quite often).
3. Coming to the end of the tube, and have requested another.

Superstuff Tue 19-Feb-13 16:59:59

1. Yes less red, but scar is still very visible.
2. I have a routine in the morning that enables me to put on the gel (shower, make bed, get clothes out and ready) and by then the gel has dried. However, I don't have a bedtime routine so don't put it on at night. Even when I remember, I just want to get into bed, so don't bother.
3. About 1/2 left, probably because I'm only using it once a day.

bouncychair Tue 19-Feb-13 17:03:12

1. Definitely less red and starting to feel less bumpy
2. Always remember the morning but sometimes forget in the evening.
3. Just under 1/2 a tube

Slight improvement, if any. Just slightly less lumpy. My scar is already brown so no colour change.

Very difficult. It takes so long to dry, even finding five minutes to sit around naked without a 10mo crawling all over you is hard.

Very little.

carameldecaflatte Tue 19-Feb-13 20:32:00

1. It's definitely paler and less itchy but never having had a c section before I couldn't honestly say if this is "better" than the natural healing process! But I am pleased with the way my scar is healing.

2. It's not really a bother, just part of my routine now. Although I must admit to letting it slip a bit of an evening this last week or so and I'm blaming my exhausting 8 month old energy bundle!

3. I have probably about 1/3 of the tube left.

PeggyBabcockBoot Tue 19-Feb-13 20:48:14

I have to be honest and say - not really. My scar was only 1 month old when I started using it so maybe early days?

I forget it constantly, as I do with most body products. I do apply whenever I remember.

I have a small drop left and would be interested in getting some more.

Heartbeep Tue 19-Feb-13 21:05:27

1. Less red
2. Easy just apply before getting dressed & before going to sleep
3. About 1/3

Marrow Tue 19-Feb-13 22:26:06

Yes it has flattened slightly and is less red.

Reasonably easy but do sometimes forget - sorry!

Barely any left but do have two very long scars.

Miniangel Tue 19-Feb-13 22:46:06

1. To start off when I started applying my scar felt more sore but have noticed that it has started to lighten.
2. Easy- apply after shower in the morning and before going to sleep.
3. 1/3rd tube left.

upthehammers Wed 20-Feb-13 00:13:44

It's paler, less irritable/itchy and smoother

On my days off work when I'm not having to get a toddler, baby and myself out of the house I find it easier to incorporate into my morning routine, evenings is easy

quite a lot as I had to get a second tube due to maybe using too much to start with (but my scar is long from both sections)

WaterBiscuit Wed 20-Feb-13 00:25:23

1. Less sensitive to touch, and flatter in places.
2. Quite difficult, but I'm not that good at remembering things like this.
3. About 1/2,probably because I sometimes forget.

Julie0903 Wed 20-Feb-13 20:11:08

Approximately a third of tube left. Easy to incorporate into routine and scar is much flatter, no longer itchy or tight. Still a little raised in some places but confident by the time I have finished the tube, this will have flattened too.

Apologies for being late adding!
1 - My scar seems less raised and red. While its still noticable it doesn't look like a 'new' scar any more.
2 - I found it hard at first as I generally shower and run so I've had to make the time to wait for it to dry but as I've become used to using it its become part of my routine.
3 - Les than 1/4 tube left, but I have been using it on a small but very visible scar on my hand too. (this scar is about 5 years old and it has definitely faded since using the gel, its more of a chalky looking mark now)

Faunanflora Thu 21-Feb-13 16:43:18

Although I have already given the February feedback, I thought I would add an unexpected update. The scar is now bright red in some areas, as bright as it was before, and a horrid brown in others - the itchiness and soreness has returned, especially if it accidentally pulled by clothing or when putting on the gel. Perhaps the initial effect was that of focused moisturisation rather than anything else. I am still,using it as I signed up for 3 months and hope that things improve.

After the initial improvements I can't say that it has got any better, although I haven't had any problems with it! Which is a good thing because it was an ongoing issue but now causes me no problems!

It's harder now as I swim in work twice a week so I am basically washing it off mid morning but not too much faff

3. Approximately how much product do you have left (1/3rd tube / 1/2 tube etc)? Less than 1/4

FlamingGallah Fri 22-Feb-13 13:21:49

Sorry for the delay!

1. Scar has definitely been less red and itchy

2. I did need to be very disciplined in making it part of my routine, but was totally achievable.

3. I've almost run out, as my scar was very wide (2x big headed babies!)
Is there any way to get a bit more as I won't have enough to complete the trial? Thank you...

Northernexile Sat 23-Feb-13 14:19:07

1) My scar is definitely now paler in colour, and is also beginning to flatten out slightly. There is a noticeable improvement.
2) I have found incorporating using Kelo-cote into my routine fairly simple. I have been applying it after a shower and letting it dry while I brush my teeth. It's no bother at all, although I have forgotten on a couple of particularly busy days!
3) I have less than a quarter of the original tube left.

amz12 Sat 23-Feb-13 22:43:18

Q1 Found it very easy to apply Kelo-cote.

Q2. It took arounf 6-7 mins to dry, more time than I expected really.

Q3. The gel feels fine, just a bit sticky but not really a problem.

Q4. No.

OvO Sun 24-Feb-13 17:22:17

A bit flatter and lighter in colour.
Yes
A very small amount.

franklinxxx Mon 25-Feb-13 15:23:35

1. Yes my scar seems lighter in colour.
2. I have found it quite difficult due to lack of time with two young children!
3. About 1/3.

Donnadoon Tue 26-Feb-13 00:43:33

Only been using for 4 days and scar feels less itchy
Soothing and easy to apply
I'm very impressed so far

bigyellow Tue 26-Feb-13 20:09:03

1. It is less red but still a bit bumpy
2. Yes. I put it on after my shower as part of my morning routine.
3. I have just finished it, however I am quite late in replying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now