Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

Kelo-cote silicone c-section gel, tester review thread - Final feedback. NOW CLOSED

(639 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 04-Jan-13 10:09:35

This thread is for the 250 Mumsnetters who are trying out the new silicone c-section gel from Kelo-cote.

Below are the first set of feedback questions, more will be added at a later date. Please answer the questions below and add any other comments you may have.

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £200 John Lewis voucher.

Q1 How easy or difficult did you find Kelo-cote to apply?

Q2. On average how long did you find it took Kelo-cote to dry? Was this a longer or shorter time than you expected?

Q3. How did you find the feel of the gel? e.g. texture, stickiness etc

Q4. Before taking part in this product test, had you ever tried Kelo-cote or any other scar reducing product before? If so, which one(s)?

The next set of feedback questions will be added around the first week of February.

Thanks,
MNHQ

Whydobabiescry Thu 14-Feb-13 20:14:03

1. Its starting to look less red and the colours definitely lighter.
2. Its been relatively easy although I'm guilty of forgetting to apply it, i think that as it's been 6 months since the cs I'm not thinking about it so much. On the whole though I remember more times than I forget.
3. Roughly 1/2 a tube.

cherrylolly Thu 14-Feb-13 20:26:58

1 - Scar looking a lot lighter
2 - Easy to remember most days!
3 - Have around half a tube left

Glitterfairys Thu 14-Feb-13 20:41:37

I think my scar is less red and raised looking and it also feels less bumpy too .
I think it fits in pretty easily to my normal routine , I seem to apply it straight after my shower and let it set while I sort my clothes out .
I have about 1/2 a tube left.

Appin Thu 14-Feb-13 21:03:18

1) my scar doesn't look much different, but is definitely less itchy.
2) Not difficult to remember, I keep it with my make up and apply it as part of my getting dressed routine.
3) Hardly any at all, maybe about a quarter of a tube at a push.

redgirl711 Thu 14-Feb-13 21:35:50

1, scar is much the same, still gets itchy but I think the redness has reduced
2, at first difficult because I was having a scar flare up but now I've got used to it, it is fine, I agree with others that it could do with drying a bit quicker but maybe this would change the product make up in which case it may become less important
3, I have only a small amount left prob less that 1/6 of the original tube.

iclaudius Thu 14-Feb-13 21:45:19

1. Scar no different to be honest
2.Not found it difficult as have it on my bedside table and pop it on when i see it. Wish it dried quicker though
3.Approximately a third of the tube is left

baileyslover Thu 14-Feb-13 23:27:12

1) scar feels smoother, flatter and less red, but only 6 months old so may have occurred anyway
2) fairly easy, but must admit some days only 1 application occurs
3) not sure but still plenty 1/2-1/3?

Makinglists Fri 15-Feb-13 12:46:10

1. Have you noticed any improvement in your scar since using Kelo-cote at all, if so in what way? Seems paler and possibly a little smoother

2. Have you found using Kelo-cote easy or difficult to incorporate into your daily routine? easy though I often only remember to do it in the morning after my shower.

3. Approximately how much product do you have left (1/3rd tube / 1/2 tube etc)? about 1/4 to 1/3

1. Have you noticed any improvement in your scar since using Kelo-cote at all, if so in what way?
I haven't used it very regularly, but my scar has not been itchy at all over the time I've used it. Not sure if this is just a coincidence though.

2. Have you found using Kelo-cote easy or difficult to incorporate into your daily routine?
Difficult. It is so hard to find the time when I just need to get everyone out of the door in the morning/fall into bed exhausted at night - which I think is an indication that improving my scar is not as much of a priority for me as I thought it was.

3. Approximately how much product do you have left (1/3rd tube / 1/2 tube etc)?
3/4, Most of the tube.

AnnaKCM Fri 15-Feb-13 13:43:57

1. It had a good affect in the beginning, making it less sensitive, less itchy, and felt better. I haven't seen more improvements though, the most was in the first month. Scar seems the same.

2. It has been easy to remember in the evening, but hard in the morning as I'm trying to get a 3 year old ready for nursery so is a bit manic.

3. It's difficult to tell, but think around half.

sushibabe Fri 15-Feb-13 13:57:44

I have noticed that sections of my scar have faded while other sections remain red and raised. The sensitivity is reduced too.

It is very easy to apply after my shower in the am and just before i get into bed at night.

I have about a 1/3 to 1/4 tube left.

Pommes Fri 15-Feb-13 14:44:05

1. Have you noticed any improvement in your scar since using Kelo-cote at all, if so in what way?

My scar seems to be much less 'weepy' and smoother in appearance. I am impressed.

2. Have you found using Kelo-cote easy or difficult to incorporate into your daily routine?

Relatively easy. I keep it in the bathroom for use after a bath/shower. There have been a few evenings I have forgotten to apply.

Approximately quarter of a tube.

Sweetiepanda Fri 15-Feb-13 14:51:47

1. Definitely paler and seems to have flattened out a bit. I'm really pleased there is a difference as my scar was very pink and raised.

2. Easy now, just use it after I shower in the morning.

3. Not much, no more than a 1/4

Yes, it's definitely faded and is flatter than it was

Difficult but only because I have a new baby so I don't really have my own daily routine anymore

3. Approximately how much product do you have left (1/3rd tube / 1/2 tube
Just about to run out

dogrilla Fri 15-Feb-13 20:07:09

1. scar is now four and a half months old and is def much paler and less raised than it was at the beginning of the treatment. interestingly, i had an abcess near the c-sec scar about two weeks after the op and haven't used kelo-cote on it. it is still much darker and more noticeable than the c-sec scar.

2. I used it religiously to begin with but then started forgetting a bit. still seemed to work after my sporadic efforts, but busy life stuff got in the way and scar maintenance slipped my mind. Also stopped waiting for it to dry and just put my clothes on straight away.

3. About 1/3 of a tube left.

Mehrida Fri 15-Feb-13 23:06:29

1. A lot of the redness has gone, it's definitely not as fiery as it was previously. I don't think this is down to time alone, as it hadn't really changed colour in the first six months.

2. I'm terrible for remembering stuff like this as until recently I've been surviving on such little sleep per night. If I wasn't so tired I think it'd have been easier!

3. About 1/3 of a tube.

13Iggis Sun 17-Feb-13 09:45:36

1. I can see less redness (actually it's not red anymore at all) which is very pleasing.
2. I do forget sometimes, but in general it's a quick, easy thing to use.
3. Bit less than half a tube.

melliebobs Sun 17-Feb-13 11:58:15

I have seen no improvement what do ever

I've found it easy to incorporate into my daily routine. However it takes longer than they say to dry so having to lie there with no pants on for a bit is time wasted that I could do without

I e got just less than 1/4 of the tube left

Chopsypie Mon 18-Feb-13 08:10:16

1. Used to be easily irritated, and often red and sore, but that happens very rarely now. Not sure if its down to the gel, but its an improvement.

2. Easily incorporated once I slotted it in with my morning routine.

3. I've got about a third left

DancesWithWoolEnPointe Tue 19-Feb-13 11:41:52

Yes - it is a bit flatter and a bit paler

No - I have regularly forgotten to use it or been in too much of a rush to have time to wait the minute or two for it to dry. Sad but try reflection of my life.

1/2 - probably indicating I haven't used it often enough at all

trockodile Tue 19-Feb-13 11:48:35

Less itchy and red but still very pronounced and have some deep pain.
Quite easy -at night after bath.
Not much now-it is a very big scar though. Don't think it will last through the next month.

Reenypip Tue 19-Feb-13 11:50:28

1- feels smoother than it did before
2 - once get into a routine, then it's ok and allow time for it to dry
3 - about 1/4 of tube left

LaVitaBellissima Tue 19-Feb-13 11:51:41

Yes, it has vastly faded, also I have been using it on my daughters bumpy forehead scar which looks so much better!

Easy, I also do it semi naked at teeth brushing time. You really don't need to use very much at all so it doesn't take long at all to dry

Probably about 1/4 of a tube

Sorry for the late feedback.

1. The difference is not as noticeable as I expected but there is a slight improvement
2. I found it quite easy to do it daily but sometimes it is hard to find time to do it.
3. I have about 1/3 left

Emmysmum2010 Tue 19-Feb-13 12:22:17

I haven't noticed any change but im not sure I actually expected too tbh. My section was only 4 months ago.

It dried quickly. Fast enough no to hinder getting dressed

Not a great amount left

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now