Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, TODAY at 1pm x

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Kelo-cote silicone c-section gel, tester review thread - Final feedback. NOW CLOSED

(639 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 04-Jan-13 10:09:35

This thread is for the 250 Mumsnetters who are trying out the new silicone c-section gel from Kelo-cote.

Below are the first set of feedback questions, more will be added at a later date. Please answer the questions below and add any other comments you may have.

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £200 John Lewis voucher.

Q1 How easy or difficult did you find Kelo-cote to apply?

Q2. On average how long did you find it took Kelo-cote to dry? Was this a longer or shorter time than you expected?

Q3. How did you find the feel of the gel? e.g. texture, stickiness etc

Q4. Before taking part in this product test, had you ever tried Kelo-cote or any other scar reducing product before? If so, which one(s)?

The next set of feedback questions will be added around the first week of February.

Thanks,
MNHQ

mumstonic Wed 13-Feb-13 23:02:52

1. Have you noticed any improvement in your scar since using Kelo-cote at all, if so in what way?
Yes, the redness significantly faded and my newer c-section scar looks more like my older flatter c-section scar below. Overall the scar is less visible, it feels smoother and no longer itches. I'm actually quite impressed!

2. Have you found using Kelo-cote easy or difficult to incorporate into your daily routine?
Really easy, straight after my morning shower, it only takes seconds to apply and a few minutes to dry.

3. Approximately how much product do you have left (1/3rd tube / 1/2 tube etc)?
Hmmm not much - i'd say 1/4 of the tube left if that. I may have used it a little too liberally!?.. Though I'm hoping if I carry on using it my scars will vanish completely!

ghislaine Thu 14-Feb-13 08:53:46

1. My scar is definitely less ridged (it seems thinner somehow?) but I would say that the colour is about the same.

2. It's very easy to apply although I did sometimes forget to do it in the evenings. I never had any staining though.

3. I have about a 1/3 rd of a tube left.

Beckamaw Thu 14-Feb-13 12:39:55

1) Yes!!! No longer red and less swollen looking. You can barely see it now!

2) Really easy. No hassle at all.

3) About a quarter of a tube. Starting to panic!! confused

Squigglywiggly Thu 14-Feb-13 16:19:25

1. Have you noticed any improvement in your scar since using Kelo-cote at all, if so in what way?
It is perhaps less raised, but not noticed any particular change in colour.

2. Have you found using Kelo-cote easy or difficult to incorporate into your daily routine?
Generally I have it easy to remember in the morning - part of shower routine, but often forget in in the evening.

About a 1/4 of a tube

reastie Thu 14-Feb-13 16:48:23

No huge difference but I think it looks a little less raised and red

Easy to incorporate once I got in the habit of putting it on.

Erm, actually I don't have much left, think I may have been a bit over zealous blush

bluepostdepot Thu 14-Feb-13 16:52:23

1. It is much flatter and less red.

2. Generally easy, although I sometimes forget if I'm in a rush in the morning.

3. Approx 1/3 left.

lyndseyh78 Thu 14-Feb-13 16:53:34

1. Have you noticed any improvement in your scar since using Kelo-cote at all, if so in what way? Yes it is less red and smoother

2. Have you found using Kelo-cote easy or difficult to incorporate into your daily routine? very easy

3. Approximately how much product do you have left (1/3rd tube / 1/2 tube etc)? about 1/3 tube

Lamazeroo Thu 14-Feb-13 16:54:41

1. Yes, it's less red and softer and possibly more supple.

2. I do it after my shower in the morning and bath at night. Automatic now.

3. Probably a bit less than half left.

1, my scar is a lot less less red and there are less bumps in it. It feels stretchier

2. Very easy. Doesn't take long really I do it after the shower and by the time i'm dressed it's dry.

3. A tiny bit left, i will need another tube.

CrispsCrispsCrisps Thu 14-Feb-13 17:14:23

1. The scar area seems smoother and it doesn't itch as much

2. I have found it easy to apply but it takes a long time to dry

3. I have about half a tube left

rubbishonlineshopper Thu 14-Feb-13 17:27:51

1: my scar is less red, and so less itchy, although I've still had a couple of 'flare ups'
2: it's not too difficult to use each day - tended to use at night
3: I've not got much left at all, but my scar is really quite long.

It's a good product I think!

Haribolicious Thu 14-Feb-13 17:34:28

Q1 How easy or difficult did you find Kelo-cote to apply? It's very easy to apply

Q2. On average how long did you find it took Kelo-cote to dry? Was this a longer or shorter time than you expected? Drying time was ok - was quicker than I thought based on the stickiness

Q3. How did you find the feel of the gel? e.g. texture, stickiness etc - I found it to be quite thick and sticky but I found that if I put too little on it dragged a bit but once I worked out the 'right' amount, it went on easily

Q4. Before taking part in this product test, had you ever tried Kelo-cote or any other scar reducing product before? If so, which one(s)? I've tried bio-oil but only on an ad-hoc basis

miniann80 Thu 14-Feb-13 17:35:23

1)Hello my scar is looking and feeling much better smile it is less red, smoother and a small section has almost completely faded.

2) it is very easy to use after my shower and dries quickly enough and use before bed.

3) I have around half a tube left.

Thank you for letting me use the product it's great!

IceNoSlice Thu 14-Feb-13 17:53:59

1. Some improvement in that the colour has faded and the raised bit is a little smoother. However still a bit itchy.
2. Easy to incorporate in the mornings, as I put it on straight after my shower and it dries while I moisturise, brush teeth etc. less easy at night as I have a shorter routine so need to wait for it to dry.
3. About half left.

NotSoNervous Thu 14-Feb-13 18:09:23

1) yeh I have noticed a slight improvement, it's less bumpy

2) quite easy but it would be better if the drying time was shorter

3) less then 1/4 (think ill run out before the end of the trail)

bemybebe Thu 14-Feb-13 18:34:31

The scar has definitely improved - less red and definitely less bumpy to touch.

As easy (or difficult) as brushing teeth. Everything is a task with a young baby and a disabled husband, but it is easy enough.

Definitely less than a half, but difficult to say. I was overusing it in the early stages though.

Much less red, becoming very faint. My mum's a nurse and was amazed!

Relatively easy; I leave it to dry while brushing my teeth.

About half a tube left; maybe a bit more. Have been quite sparing.

BridgetBidet Thu 14-Feb-13 18:47:10

1. Substantial improvement, much paler, edges less defined, less raised.

2. It would be easier if it dried quicker, it's a bit of a pain in the morning but usually let it dry while I do my teeth.

3. 1/4 tube

SpottySlippers Thu 14-Feb-13 18:51:49

1. My scar is softer, less raised and moves with the skin around it.
2. I put it on before brushing my teeth, it has absorbed by the time I put my clothes on, or my pyjamas at bedtime.
3. I have used the whole tube!!

tdm Thu 14-Feb-13 19:02:05

1. Less itchy and raised.
2. The waiting for it to dry is the only problem.
3. Probably about 1/4.

CorporeSarnie Thu 14-Feb-13 19:15:42

1. I think that my scar itches less often and it is starting to go white at one end (this end is also less raised).
2. I do sometimes forget to put it on (if the baby is being particularly picklesome), but I remember most days.
3. I have about half a tube left, perhaps I haven't used enough!

Dollybird99 Thu 14-Feb-13 19:29:56

1. My scar is definitely less red, and less itchy. It also feels much smoother and not so raised and bumpy.
2. It's very easy to remember. I keep it near my toothpaste so that reminds me! I find it dries quite quickly and have never had a problem with this.
3. I have about half a tube left.

jes73 Thu 14-Feb-13 19:39:15

My scar is less raised and is paler now.

It's not been difficult at all as I do it post shower and it is dry by the time I am dressed.

A little less than 1/4.

Jackie221084 Thu 14-Feb-13 19:56:46

My scar feels a lot softer and far less bumpy
Quite easy...i make it part of my evening routine...after my bath
About 1/3 left

britney92 Thu 14-Feb-13 20:04:57

The scar doesn't seem as raised and looks a lot smaller as well as less severe

I've struggled to remember some days to apply it so i'm ecstatic with the results since I've missed quite a few days.

Approx just over 1/2 a tube

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now