Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Method Laundry Liquid 25 Wash Pump - tester review thread

(1298 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 30-Nov-12 17:38:33

This thread is for the 1,000 MNers who have been trying out the Method Laundry Liquid 25 Pump.

If you're a tester, please add your feedback to this thread. Below are a few questions for you to answer but please feel free to add any other comments you may have. We'll also email you a link to a short survey that you'll need to complete (will send this next week). Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread and completes the survey will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £250 Love2Shop voucher.

Q1 What was your overall impression of the Methon Laundry Liquid 25 Wash Pump?
Q2 Is there anything you'd change about Method Laundry Liquid?
Q3 What did you think of the fragrance? And the cleaning power?
Q4 If it came up in conversation, do you think you would recommend Method Laundry Liquid to a friend/relative or not? If so, what would you say about it? If not, why not?

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw.
MNHQ

Thanks
Helen

AnnaLiza Fri 30-Nov-12 19:45:26

Arrived today and first wash seems to have come out very well. I tried it on my usual Eco wash on my Samsung washing machine. I'll carry on testing it at different temperatures and on dirtier clothes and write a full review in a few days' time. So far my only criticism is the bottle could be a hazard to toddlers because it doesn't have a child cap on it.

EwanHoozami Fri 30-Nov-12 19:46:19

Bonjour wink

mine arrived today so marking spot

paneer Fri 30-Nov-12 19:48:08
Sparklingbrook Fri 30-Nov-12 19:50:23

Thanks paneer. Mmmm. £6 for 25 washes then.

Sleepyfergus Fri 30-Nov-12 19:54:00

Marking place. Still awaiting delivery.

first wash is on grin i'm excited (saddo)

Belles71 Fri 30-Nov-12 20:03:45

Just done my first wash and despite being a little sceptical as I squirted 5 squirts into the drum of my machine (we live in London - hard water) it is surprisingly effective! I have yet to hang it to dry so will report back. First impression good. PS washing contains 3, 6 and 8 year old clothes.

Belles71 Fri 30-Nov-12 20:04:37

PS Loving the squirt dispenser. Very good for when you are in a hurry (basically always)..

Vixjax Fri 30-Nov-12 20:09:14

just received mine, lots of washing to do tomorrow so will try it out. Bit thrown by the instructions being in French but reading through the thread it would appear there was an email translation, I didn't get one but can see the instructions posted below!

headfairy Fri 30-Nov-12 20:09:20

Still not got mine, but marking my place.

ohmeohmy Fri 30-Nov-12 20:25:53

1 What was your overall impression of the Methon Laundry Liquid 25 Wash Pump?
I do like the small bottle and pump action.
Q2 Is there anything you'd change about Method Laundry Liquid? refill would be good. Seems to give my son a contact rash so would have to keep using other brand for kids washing
Q3 What did you think of the fragrance? And the cleaning power? Done 2 washes that have come up clean. I actually quite like the fragrance and I speak as someone who hates perfumed things. If the scent is just added chemicals for frangrance then can live without it. Dont care if my wash smells of something aslong as it isnt smelling of BO
Q4 If it came up in conversation, do you think you would recommend Method Laundry Liquid to a friend/relative or not? If so, what would you say about it? If not, why not? dont usually bother talking about washing liquid. Too many important issues to discuss. IF they asked I might say it was alright and seemed to do the job. I do like your grapefruit cleaner though!

Obstreperous Fri 30-Nov-12 20:26:18

Marking place - arrived this morning.

fergoose Fri 30-Nov-12 20:33:32

Love the packaging and compact bottle. Pump is great and quick and easy to use.
I agree refill would be good.
I am not keen on the fragrance - would prefer it to be a bit stronger.
I would recommend it to others though - if the price were right anyway.

archfiend Fri 30-Nov-12 20:37:02

Mine arrived today too. So far so good!

Q1. Like the bottle size and design. Pump feels 'solid' so should last through a few refills unlike some other refillable pump sprays I've used.

Q2. I like the liquid, but it is pricy. I buy other Method products quite regularly but considering the amount of washing we do this would become pretty expensive over time. Would definitely buy if on offer though.

Q3. I really like the fragrance. I'm not a big fan of overly perfumed washing liquids as I find they tend to smell very odd after a few days folded up. Cleaning power seems good-have tackled bedding and uniforms so far with good results.

Q4. It's fairly unlikely that it would come up, but if it did I would recommend it as a washing liquid but only when it's on offer! I have been known to recommend/ demand that people use other Method products though (wood polish, just fabulous!)

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Fri 30-Nov-12 20:41:42

Smells nice and fresh. I was a bit sceptical about whether five squirts would really be enough, but my washing came out beautifully and it's so much less of a faff than measuring it out. I saw refill packs on Ocado so I think I'll be sticking with it ands will definitely recommend it to friends.

Rowbot Fri 30-Nov-12 20:56:16

Q1. I really like the design of the compact bottle and squirty dispenser. Takes up much less space in the cupboard.
Q2. Does it have a refill? Wouldn't want to keep buying plastic bottles. It is more expensive than my normal Eco brand, maybe the refill could be more competitive.
Q3. Undecided on fragrance yet, it is stronger than my usual brand, don't love it, don't hate it.
Q4. Would probably recommend to my mum and other Eco minded folk!

Rowbot Fri 30-Nov-12 20:57:51

Whoops forgot the cleaning bit smile

It has managed to get my DDs cream cardigan free of tomato sauce and poster paint so I'm impressed so far.

Just got home and seen the package, will be testing tomorrow -can't wait!

<sad> lol

moogdroog Fri 30-Nov-12 21:51:12

I thought the pump was lovely! Really bright, colourful, sturdy--and French--. Can't believe something so small could contain 25 washes.
Only the price really, though would stock up if it was on offer. Will investigate the cost effectiveness of the refill though.
Fragrance in its concentrated form is ok, but not totally delicious like the wood floor cleaner and the shower spray. On the clothes though, it's pretty pleasant and barely there. Cleaning power, I'm really impressed! It coped admirably with a vest onto which DDs teething na
Q4 If it came up in conversation, do you think you would recommend Method Laundry Liquid to a friend/relative or not? If so, what would you say about it? If not, why not?

Isaidhangonamin Fri 30-Nov-12 21:53:47

My bottle arrived late pm. Will report back after a few washes smile

moogdroog Fri 30-Nov-12 21:54:41

Whoops. Butter fingers:

Fragrance in its concentrated form is ok, but not totally delicious like the wood floor cleaner and the shower spray. On the clothes though, it's pretty pleasant and barely there. Cleaning power, I'm really impressed! It coped admirably with a vest onto which DDs teething nappy had leaked and numerous food stains. Well I never!
Should I be talking about such a thrilling subject then yes I would!

Haberdashery Fri 30-Nov-12 21:56:41

>> habs do you not like the smell??

NO! It's horrible. It just smells sort of unpleasantly synthetic to me. The reason I buy Ecover is that it smells much less than nearly everything else and what smell there is smells sort of fresh and herby, not that awful ozonic tang. Honestly, this smells like that Body Shop ocean perfume from the late eighties.

Will come back and answer questions properly tomorrow when I have done more than just a tea towel wash!

StainlessSteelCat Fri 30-Nov-12 22:07:38

Amazingly brilliant - it arrived at my house the same day as the norovirus, so it's obviously got timing.
Really like the bottle design, like how it tells you to get the last little bit out of the bottom, it was easy to open and use.
Even better, it's got stuff clean. That is very important to me, especially at the moment: I did 5 washing loads yesterday and everything is clean, smells fine.

Maybe sell in bigger bottles as well? Do you do refills?

I like my clothes to smell clean - and I'm not sure how I can define that, but they do, so the fragrance is good. If there was no fragrance I'd feel cheated, and if it was too strong I'd object.
It's cleaned multiple bodily fluids and food off bedding and clothes in the last 24 hours, it can definitely clean.

Yes. It works, smells good and isn't too bad for environment.

Sheepasaurus Fri 30-Nov-12 22:07:39

I received my bottle today and will be testing it out tomorrow on a nappy wash.

ISeeSmallPeople Fri 30-Nov-12 22:10:33

Where is mine? sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now