This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Sign up to Amazon Family - open to new and existing Amazon Prime users

(38 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Nov-12 13:28:34

You may have seen that we've been working with Amazon Family recently - they're looking for Mumsnetters to try out this new service and give their feedback on MN. There are several options for getting involved:

- If you're not currently an Amazon Prime member, and haven't had a trial of Amazon Prime in the past 12 months, you can sign up for a free 3 month trial of Amazon Family
- If you're already a Prime member, then Amazon Family is free as part of your membership.

You can find all the info about Amazon Family here but the main benefits are:

- Free one-day delivery on lots of items with Amazon Prime
- £10 off when you spend £50 in Amazon's Baby Store
- At least £50 worth of exclusive offers every month
- 20% off all subscriptions to Huggies nappies until 28th Feb 2013 if you're an Amazon Prime member

See more info on this in Amazon's FAQs on the programme.

Other deals on offer through Amazon Family this month include: 15% off kids bikes, 5% off Gro products, 25% off Organix baby food, a free Tommee Tippee nappy bin and much more.

We're looking for as many UK Mumsnetters as possible to take part in this - it's open to all with at least one child aged 0-3 years, as well as all those who are pregnant.

If you'd like to take part, please click here to sign up.

If you'd like to unsubscribe from Amazon Family at any time, all you need to do is visit 'My Membership' and click on 'Cancel Membership' to opt out. If you'd like to continue with the Amazon Family package after the free trial period, you'll be charged £49 per year via direct debit. For information on the full package offered after the three month free trial please see here.

Once you've had chance to try the package, please come back to this thread and answer the questions below and add other comments you may have. Everyone who answers the 3 questions below on this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a bundle of 20 products from the OXO Tot range including a Sprout Chair (see terms and conditions here).

~ Have you ever shopped on Amazon.co.uk for baby or child-related products before this trial? If so, what items did you tend to buy?
~ What was your overall opinion of Amazon Family? Was there anything in particular you liked or disliked about it? This could be about the service itself or the products on offer.
~ Did you use any of the exclusive offers? If so, which ones did you find most useful? If you didn't use any of the offers why was this?

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw
MNHQ

appu123 Fri 23-Nov-12 15:40:15

yes please

Jo178 Sat 24-Nov-12 10:47:25

DH signed up for this using the link but hasn't received the promotional code for the toy monkey. How do we go about getting it?

MAAmbler Sat 24-Nov-12 12:50:25

~ Have you ever shopped on Amazon.co.uk for baby or child-related products before this trial? If so, what items did you tend to buy? ~
I tend to buy present items for family and friends little ones and also items that are a little bit different then on the general high street.

What was your overall opinion of Amazon Family? Was there anything in particular you liked or disliked about it? This could be about the service itself or the products on offer.
I like the one day free delivery on most items I have shopped for. It makes a big difference to busy schedules to know I can fit in the ordering when I can and still get it without paying huge sums to get it swiftly.

~ Did you use any of the exclusive offers? If so, which ones did you find most useful? If you didn't use any of the offers why was this?
I have used the nappy bin offer and some of the money off type ones. As long as they are relevant for what I want at the time, they get used.

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 30-Nov-12 15:03:54

For those who signed up during the promo for the toy monkey - you should have received an email with a promotional code in it yesterday so you can claim this.

fourmonthstogo Mon 10-Dec-12 21:12:40

~ Have you ever shopped on Amazon.co.uk for baby or child-related products before this trial? If so, what items did you tend to buy?

I use Amazon a lot, for books and some toys. Also nappy liners, as they seem to be one of the few places that stock the ones I use.

~ What was your overall opinion of Amazon Family? Was there anything in particular you liked or disliked about it? This could be about the service itself or the products on offer.

Not much use to me, I will be cancelling. The next day delivery would be good if it came with Royal Mail, but it doesn't it comes with a courier so the one hour delivery slots are a right pain, the depot is too far away to easily collect from. I am not always able to wait in for parcels. I am happy to wait for the standard super saver free delivery - there is nothing I buy that is so urgent I can't wait an extra couple of days.

To be honest the offers weren't that much use to me. It seems more of Amazon baby, than Amazon family. My daughter is nearly two so lots of the offers were for things we've already bought, and we use cloth nappies so the nappy offers are no good to us. I did use the 40% off plum food though, she loves their fruit pouches, but it was a shame that this was linked to a subscribe and save scheme.

mummyofcutetwo Fri 21-Dec-12 23:08:19

I've bought books, toys, games, sock-ons, breast pads (ok, they're for me but baby-related!), thermometer lens filters, ...

Loved the free next day delivery, especially for the breast pads and the thermometer lens filters as it turned out that both were urgent! I didn't find that any of the offers were particularly good for us though and haven't used any almost three months along the line. I keep thinking something useful will come up soon but to be honest I've found the things we need much cheaper in supermarkets or elsewhere on the Internet.

I didn't use any of the offers. It wasn't for the want of trying - I keep looking to see if there's anything.

I'm very pleased that I had the opportunity to trial the scheme but I don't think I could justify spending £49 a year for it as the offers just haven't been good enough - I certainly wouldn't recoup the £49 in savings made if this trial period is anything to go by.

mummyofcutetwo Fri 21-Dec-12 23:13:17

Amendment to the above! I have used one of the Amazon Family offers - it was for children's books. It hadn't occurred to me that it was an AF offer until now!

cherryjellow Sun 23-Dec-12 08:23:57

We normally bought big things such as baby monitor, and then lots of small toys and books, alot of presents for other babies

I liked it, i only really used the free delivery, i like the idea of it. I dont think i would buy enough of the things on offer to make it worth it.

I used free delivery, it was very good . I didnt buy any special offers, i either didnt need the things on offer or i could get it cheaper elsewhere. I stock up on nappies when they are very cheap in supermarkets, then they are cheaper than amazon

cherryjellow Sun 23-Dec-12 08:25:44

P.s it looks like i used the books af offers too then!

mm1975 Sat 29-Dec-12 09:50:45

I have shopped on Amazon for many baby and child related items and it is always my first port of call, I have bought nappies, wipes, toys, books all sorts really.

I liked the next day delivery meaning for a very busy mum of 5 young children and also pregnant i didnt have to be at home for days just in case I missed it. I will probably sign up for the year as long as they don't do anything in the meantime like take the money early.

I used the £10 off for nappies, wipes and bottles and have a long list of things still to get so will be keeping my eye out for special offers.

Stujobohm Tue 01-Jan-13 16:23:20

Yes I use it a lot, I bought toys, breast pads.
As they made an error I have prime for free for a year.... Brill.
I got £25 off of £50.... Great value... Xx

cshimmon Wed 02-Jan-13 15:24:45

Have you ever shopped on Amazon.co.uk for baby or child-related products before this trial? If so, what items did you tend to buy?

Almost anything! Anything I'm thinking about buying I price check on Amazon.

What was your overall opinion of Amazon Family? Was there anything in particular you liked or disliked about it? This could be about the service itself or the products on offer.

As an existing member of amazon prime I didn't find it really added anything for me.

Did you use any of the exclusive offers? If so, which ones did you find most useful? If you didn't use any of the offers why was this?

I only ordered the free nappy bin as mine was broken. None of the others have been relevant to me.

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 09-Jan-13 14:10:24

Thanks to all who tried Amazon Family and added their feedback. Here's a quick message from Amazon:

"Thank you to all MNers who participated. Just to let you know that our top offers for January are 20% off Angelcare monitors, 25% off the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Complete Starter Kit and 33% off Brother Max thermometers. We also have an exclusive prize draw where any Family member who buys an Organix product this month will be automatically entered into a draw to win a hamper of Organix products."

I've done the prize draw and am pleased to announce that the winner of the bundle of OXO tots products is...

catbag

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now