Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Want to try out Method Laundry Liquid 25 Wash Pump and give your feedback to win a £250 shopping voucher

(304 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 12-Nov-12 09:53:31

We've been asked by the folks at Method to find 1,000 Mumsnetters to try out their Laundry Liquid 25 Wash Pump.

Method says: "This innovative liquid is changing the way people do laundry, with a sleek little bottle and a patent-pending, plant-based, hypoallergenic formula we call smartclean technology®. it delivers big cleaning power with just a few squirts, with a 35% smaller carbon footprint than conventional liquid and a lightweight pump bottle that's designed for easy, one-handed use. It's a lean, mean, stain-fighting machine!"

Please see here for more info.

Selected testers will be sent the product to try at home and will then need to add their feedback to a thread on MN (you will be emailed a link to this).

We're looking for a range of testers for this - it's open to all UK MNers with at least one child.

All testers who add feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will get a £250 Love2Shop voucher as a thank you.

If you're interested and around over the next 2-3 weeks to take part please add your details here.

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

SoupDragon Fri 23-Nov-12 13:12:14

No, Sue. I am confident that Method will turn them so white he will dazzle the opposition.

HuskyNiki Fri 23-Nov-12 13:34:50

i love method stuff and i dont like to use chemicals but have had a few bad reviews on this product so very unsure whether to risk my money or not. gutted i missed the test should be interesting

SuePurblybiltbyElves Sat 24-Nov-12 08:19:18

YY Soup, but save it for the feedback thread. That's fighting-for-the-voucher talk, that grin. Don't waste it on us.

LiveItUp Sat 24-Nov-12 09:41:10

WooHoo, I'm chosen. Excited about washing now. Can't wait to try it on DS1's PE shirt that came home this week - I washed it THREE times and it's still black! [ It's supposed to be white !! ]

SuzysZoo Sun 25-Nov-12 22:38:15

Hmm I am excited about trying this product but in my excitement I bought some of the "fresh air" one and tried it. I used only a couple of squirts and had to rewash everything as it stank the tumble dryer out (smelt like I'd just put stuff in the dryer without washing!). However, I will now try using the correct number of squirts and report in due course!

JustFabulous Mon 26-Nov-12 11:15:29

I was picked too!

The email went to my junk folder though so has been there for days.

Sokmonsta Tue 27-Nov-12 04:23:10

Glad I popped on here. Thanks to justfabulous I checked my junk folder and hooray for emails!

Now just need to see if this can shift exploding poop from the babies and whatever arts/craft/messy play dd and Ds have been doing at school and preschool.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 27-Nov-12 09:32:10

If our emails end up in your junk please do add us to safe senders list - you never know what you may miss out on!!

Mindingalongtime Wed 28-Nov-12 14:22:42

Merci beaucoup, Je l'ai recu, les directions pour usage sont en francais! Excuse mon francais!

theladylovescupcakes Wed 28-Nov-12 14:33:22

So I have received my sample today, but the directions are in French! Since I did German at school, would someone care to explain how I use it?? Vielen dank.

melodyangel Wed 28-Nov-12 15:05:42

I can confirm it doesn't mention anything about monkeys in trees but that's as much French as I know so please, please can we have the instructions in English.

Blatherskite Wed 28-Nov-12 15:17:07

Did you learn most of your French from Eddie Izzard videos melody?

If La Singe ain't dans L'Arbre, I'm lost too wink

SuzysZoo Wed 28-Nov-12 18:59:11

One I bought earlier says it's 2 squirts for light soiling and 4 for medium and 6 for heavy, but I have previously found this to be a bit inadequate. A further squirt needed if your water is hard. Squirt it into the tray thingy, I think, not directly on to washing. If very dirty you can squirt directly on to the washing.

I think this product is really good, it smell nice and washes clothes well, really pleased.

ilovesprouts Wed 28-Nov-12 19:14:03

i have not got mine yetsad.

JaquelineHyde Wed 28-Nov-12 19:52:34

Got mine delivered today thank you.

However, there is one major problem...The letter tells me to just follow the instructions on the pump itself, great I think as I haven't got a clue how the thing works!

However, the instructions aren't in English and they aren't translated anywhere!!!

So unless someone can send me some instructions in English I'm not going to be able to complete the product test.

Is anyone else having this problem? AnnMumsnet do you have any advice?

Thanks

JaquelineHyde Wed 28-Nov-12 19:54:57

I see others are having the same issue blush sorry didn't read back properly!

Blatherskite Wed 28-Nov-12 20:12:17

I haven't got mine either sad

melodyangel Wed 28-Nov-12 20:22:19

grin

McPhee Wed 28-Nov-12 21:37:41

Not got mine yet

They do know we're not french don't they??

hmm

Haberdashery Wed 28-Nov-12 21:38:20

I haven't got mine, yet, either. But I just checked the email and it says 'this time next week' which was six days ago. So I am not panicking yet...

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Nov-12 21:47:24

Bonjour madames...that's about as far as I can go! I'll let le client know about le situation and get an English translation for you all. Will post it here and email it to you. Je suis tres desole!!!

ThePathanKhansWitch Wed 28-Nov-12 22:00:15

Yehaw! Got mine today.

Blatherskite Wed 28-Nov-12 22:00:26

Mercy buckets Helen wink

I'm looking forward to receiving mine as I've just finished my last box of washing powder this evening. The basket is currently empty but I'm anticipating at least two loads in it by tomorrow evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now