This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Looking for some family fun this Sat 10 Nov? Have a child aged 7-10? Come and play the new game created with JK Rowling for PlayStation, The Book of Spells, and get a PS3 and game to keep

(219 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 06-Nov-12 12:21:12

We have a very exciting event and product test for you to take part in - PlayStation would like to invite 20 Mumsnetters to attend an event in central London this Saturday (10 Nov) to showcase their new Book of Spells game. Here's a word from PlayStation about this magical new game: "The Book of Spells will be one of the must have family gifts this Christmas. It's a book that, with the help of PlayStation, literally comes to life on your TV screen, letting you live in the stories you love.

Featuring exclusive new and original writing from J.K. Rowling, Wonderbook: Book of Spells sends you on a fantastic journey to read and learn the secrets of wizardry and the art of spell-casting, just like a student at Hogwarts. On the way, you'll discover, practice and be tested on over 20 classic spells, such such as Incendio, Wingardium Leviosa and Expelliarmus."

For more info on the game see here.

We're looking for 20 Mumsnetters who:

~ Have at least one child aged 7-10 years (boy or girl)

~ Are able to attend an event in central London between 12 and 4pm (you only need to attend for one hour during that time) with their family (max 2 adults, 4 children)

~ Are happy to be filmed by PlayStation, and take some footage on their smartphone of their child(ren) before, during and after the event to capture the excitement!

~ Can be a PlayStation Mumsnet panellist afterwards - this will involve taking part in 4 activities over the course of the next year, such as testing new games with their child(ren) and much more

The event will be in a central London location (we'll confirm details with those selected). Travel expenses aren't covered but refreshments will be provided. If you sign up to attend during one of the lunchtime slots though, you will need to have some lunch before or after you attend - the refreshments provided will just be snacks.

You will only be required to attend for one hour, so please tick your first and second choices of time slots on the sign up survey (link below). During your session you and your family will be shown how to set up the game, how to play and you'll be given the opportunity to film your child(ren) playing the game.

After the event you'll be sent a Wonderbook PS3 hard bundle (PS3 console, Move Controller, PlayStation Eye, Wonderbook & Book of Spells) to keep (RRP £199). You'll need to film your child(ren) playing the game at home and send in your footage to Mumsnet. You'll also need to add your feedback on the event, and the game itself on a thread on Mumsnet.

The footage you and other Mumsnetters submit, as well as the footage PlayStation capture on the day may appear on Mumsnet and potentially elsewhere. Please only sign up for this if you're happy with that.

If you're interested in taking part, please sign up here.

Thanks - we'll be in touch with selected Mumsnetters by Thurs (8 Nov).

MNHQ

mzdemeanour Tue 06-Nov-12 20:20:17

Would love to come if there are spaces still available. Have boy/girl twins aged 8 who would murder each other happily for a Playstation!

Dontbesodramatic Tue 06-Nov-12 20:24:17

Hi Helen, can you check if mine went through please? I accidentally sent it before I could add in to the final box!

mummykate72 Tue 06-Nov-12 20:57:15

Have signed up too, sounds fab!

racingheart Tue 06-Nov-12 22:12:31

just signed up. DC would love to do this.

Two kids in the age bracket who are Harry potter mad - tick,
can be in london on saturday - tick.
happy to be filmed - tick
happy to be a panelist - tick

have a smart phone - noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

So - now need to get my mitts on a smart phone pdq as my kids would kill for this....

Have got a flip cam, normal camera to film on but no smart phone - leaves the thread to quietly sob in the corner and write out her line " I must stop living in the dark ages, I must stop living in the dark ages " I did wonder why I needed a smart phone - now I know!!

ScorpionQueen Tue 06-Nov-12 22:44:24

I normally fill in the form and sit back with quiet dignity but PLEASE choose us this time.
smile

BertieBotts Tue 06-Nov-12 22:44:59

envy

Forget the kids, I want to go! Do you think I can pass for ten? <hides wrinkles>

Littlebells I think it says they will provide you with a smart phone.

Anyone who goes, I'd love to hear if the game is playable by adults blush

It is Bertie. We saw adults playing it at Eurogamer, I want to play it, it looks fantastic! I'm most irritated that I'm working and Dh will have to step up if MN choose us, pretty please.

Pretty sure the sign up thing asks what smartphone you have, and are going to use so they can send you the right app to upload the footage? I'm going to have to give DH my lovely iPhone if he goes as that's what we'd use for the at home bits. No reading fanfiction at work, oh the suffering

BertieBotts Tue 06-Nov-12 23:14:59

Ooh how exciting! I think I might get it then in that case - we have a PS3!

DP was at GamesCom, I'll have to grill him about whether they had it there or not. Was a couple of months ago now, so perhaps not.

It was... grin

It's being pushed fairly heavily I think. And it's working because I the kids really want it.

BertieBotts Tue 06-Nov-12 23:45:48

Tch, why didn't he tell me about this sooner. Too busy fanboying over his games I expect grin and dancing to Gangnam Style just before it went viral... hmm

I shall be sure to hassle him for information!

Squiglettsmummy2bx Wed 07-Nov-12 04:33:34

It's my birthday Saturday & my plans have gone out the window so this would be a nice alternative grin

jennywren123 Wed 07-Nov-12 08:15:18

Oops forgot DD1 is away on Saturday. Mumsnet ladies could you possibly change my application so that it is one adult and one child (DS1 age 9).

Thanks thanks, and fingers crossed smile

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Nov-12 09:11:16

dontbesodramatic - we've got your application but with a blank 'pickmepickme' box - pls post here what you'd like to say (or PM me it if you're too embarrassed to post it here!) and I'll add it to your application

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Nov-12 09:16:45

Done jennywren123!

Littlebells/BertieBotts - just to confirm - you need to bring your own smartphone - they won't be supplied on the day. The filming needs to be done via a smartphone app, which is why a flipcam or 'normal' camera won't do this time, sorry!

Witchety Wed 07-Nov-12 09:47:39

Smartphone app?? Nit just the camera on your smartphone then?

Witchety Wed 07-Nov-12 09:50:26

Helen could you add to my application a htc explorer please?

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Nov-12 10:07:26

Witchety - you film on your phone's camera but then you upload the footage via an app that you'll need to download - it's free and very easy to use! Will add HTC Explorer to your entry.

gazzalw Wed 07-Nov-12 10:28:13

Is it not feasible to use this app with an I Pad - does this mean we've no chance of being picked if we don't have a smartphone?

smarmyarmy Wed 07-Nov-12 10:32:43

Oh my goodness, what an amazing opportunity! My kids were so excited when I told them about this. Have filled in and have my fingers crossed!

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Wed 07-Nov-12 11:53:42

I cant believe my sons overheard me mentioning it to dh. They were all YIPPEEE!

I had to go "It is like a raffle ticket. We wont necessarily GET IT"

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Nov-12 15:15:43

gazzalw - yes, iPad is fine don't worry

Witchety Wed 07-Nov-12 15:43:36

Closed now? Do we def hear tomorrow?

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Nov-12 17:16:59

Yes, closed now! We'll be in touch with those who have been picked by email tomorrow (as early as poss)

jes73 Thu 08-Nov-12 09:51:51

Hi has anyone got any news about Saturday as yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now