Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Looking for some family fun this Sat 10 Nov? Have a child aged 7-10? Come and play the new game created with JK Rowling for PlayStation, The Book of Spells, and get a PS3 and game to keep

(219 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 06-Nov-12 12:21:12

We have a very exciting event and product test for you to take part in - PlayStation would like to invite 20 Mumsnetters to attend an event in central London this Saturday (10 Nov) to showcase their new Book of Spells game. Here's a word from PlayStation about this magical new game: "The Book of Spells will be one of the must have family gifts this Christmas. It's a book that, with the help of PlayStation, literally comes to life on your TV screen, letting you live in the stories you love.

Featuring exclusive new and original writing from J.K. Rowling, Wonderbook: Book of Spells sends you on a fantastic journey to read and learn the secrets of wizardry and the art of spell-casting, just like a student at Hogwarts. On the way, you'll discover, practice and be tested on over 20 classic spells, such such as Incendio, Wingardium Leviosa and Expelliarmus."

For more info on the game see here.

We're looking for 20 Mumsnetters who:

~ Have at least one child aged 7-10 years (boy or girl)

~ Are able to attend an event in central London between 12 and 4pm (you only need to attend for one hour during that time) with their family (max 2 adults, 4 children)

~ Are happy to be filmed by PlayStation, and take some footage on their smartphone of their child(ren) before, during and after the event to capture the excitement!

~ Can be a PlayStation Mumsnet panellist afterwards - this will involve taking part in 4 activities over the course of the next year, such as testing new games with their child(ren) and much more

The event will be in a central London location (we'll confirm details with those selected). Travel expenses aren't covered but refreshments will be provided. If you sign up to attend during one of the lunchtime slots though, you will need to have some lunch before or after you attend - the refreshments provided will just be snacks.

You will only be required to attend for one hour, so please tick your first and second choices of time slots on the sign up survey (link below). During your session you and your family will be shown how to set up the game, how to play and you'll be given the opportunity to film your child(ren) playing the game.

After the event you'll be sent a Wonderbook PS3 hard bundle (PS3 console, Move Controller, PlayStation Eye, Wonderbook & Book of Spells) to keep (RRP £199). You'll need to film your child(ren) playing the game at home and send in your footage to Mumsnet. You'll also need to add your feedback on the event, and the game itself on a thread on Mumsnet.

The footage you and other Mumsnetters submit, as well as the footage PlayStation capture on the day may appear on Mumsnet and potentially elsewhere. Please only sign up for this if you're happy with that.

If you're interested in taking part, please sign up here.

Thanks - we'll be in touch with selected Mumsnetters by Thurs (8 Nov).

MNHQ

Pinot Tue 06-Nov-12 16:17:18

Wowzers batman.

Done smile smile smile

ChippyMinton Tue 06-Nov-12 16:19:50

Hi Helen - I have signed up, but happy to be a last-minute sub if necessary, as we are local and took part in another console product test a few months ago so don't want to be greedy.

Sparklegeek Tue 06-Nov-12 16:36:24

<Frantically casts spell on Mumsnet towers >

Chooseuschooseus-amus!

Spockster Tue 06-Nov-12 16:38:18

Perfect for DD1 and DD2, both little HP swots, and deprived in the console department......I didn't get a confirmation message though, should I have done? Do I have to apply again? <starts to panic...>

Doogle2 Tue 06-Nov-12 16:41:07

Thanks Helen - will take up pacing instead!

clux73 Tue 06-Nov-12 16:55:53

I didn't get a confirmation page so not sure if it went through....

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 06-Nov-12 17:00:12

Spockster - yes we've got your application thanks, don't panic!

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 06-Nov-12 17:01:31

clux73 - yes, we've got you too, thanks!

pantone363 Tue 06-Nov-12 17:03:22

I cannot believe I nearly missed this, the email went to my junk folder! DD would be beside herself if she won this!!!

MrsVincentPrice Tue 06-Nov-12 17:06:05

Could you check whether my entry's gone in please? Phone went a bit funny.
This would be perfect for us - am poised and ready with phone camera to capture DC's reaction...may have slight cramp by Thursday.

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 06-Nov-12 17:11:25

MrsVincentPrice - yes, we've got your entry.

Note to all - if you get directed to our online surveys and product testing page (here) when you press submit, then your entry will have been submitted.

MrsVincentPrice Tue 06-Nov-12 17:14:48

Thanks Helen - it failed the first time I submitted so the second time I was a bit dubious about the absence of the normal confirmation screen.

avelte Tue 06-Nov-12 17:21:27

i would be delighted to get picked ,my kids are already exited...applied...thank you ,great opportunity

Witchety Tue 06-Nov-12 17:36:40

Ooooh this sounds amazing!!! Hope we are picked... And yay! Get to meet some mumsnetters!

Witchety Tue 06-Nov-12 17:37:36

Oh my days! In my excitement I dont know if I filled it in correctly?

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 06-Nov-12 17:42:54

Thanks Witchety - we've got you

AnnieWinehouse Tue 06-Nov-12 17:47:12

Oh DS would LOVE this, but unfortunately we are in Ireland for the weekend sad

Rara27 Tue 06-Nov-12 18:21:13

Awww gutted!sad A bit short notice for us to organise getting to, but if any come up just to test at home my 8 y/o would love it.

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 06-Nov-12 18:29:45

Noooo. My DD would LOVE this more than anything really. As would I. But we have a family christening to go to instead. sad

Hope whoever goes has a great time and tells us all about it!

PosieParker Tue 06-Nov-12 18:49:06

Me me me me me me me pick me.

All 3 of my dcs would LOVE this. Have applied with dd in mind though as the poor girl always misses out on the fun have two brothers.

Fingers crossed here too, would fill up my Saturday perfectly grin

how exciting! have just signed up. DP is going to be unimpressed, but DS1 will love it!

Witchety Tue 06-Nov-12 19:04:41

I'm more exited at the prospect of meeting real, live MNers!!

Uppermid Tue 06-Nov-12 19:11:47

Fingers crossed!

pushitreallgood Tue 06-Nov-12 20:18:16

i dont know much about anything game wise but just mentioned this to the kids and they went nuts, hahaha kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now