Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED: Testers needed for the new Philips PerfectCare Xpress iron (RRP £120)

(226 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:34:16

We're looking for 20 Mumsnetters to try Philips PerfectCare Xpress the World's first pressurised steam iron, with "revolutionary OptimalTEMP technology and compact steam generator, it's built for powerful crease removal and is faster than any other steam iron, as tested by independent institute, DWI, June 2011".

Here's what Philips say about the product: "PerfectCare Xpress has no settings, just one perfect temperature that's safe on all ironable fabrics, even delicates. Iron from jeans to silk, to linen, to cotton, to cashmere...in any order, without having to adjust the temperature, it's 100% scorch proof! Plus with an automatic motion steam sensor inside ironing has never been easier. Compact and convenient for storage it's perfect for ironing small loads, every day"

This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters. Testers will be required to try the iron out over the course of a week and add feedback to a thread on Mumsnet. We'd also like you to add a review to MN reviews to let us know how you get on.

To sign up click here.

All those who are selected to take part and leave the required feedback on Mumsnet will receive the PerfectCare Xpress to keep (RRP £120).

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 16:13:34

feedback thread now live

Please note any non testers who are looking - there's a chance to win one of your own with this new thread wink, it's nearly Christmas after all!

Thanks Ann.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 08:42:00

Hi - feedback thread will be up shortly and I will email you a link but will also post a link to it here.

I don't know if the feedback instructions have been emailed yet but just wanted to let you know that if they have I am not ignoring then deliberately. We were due to change broadband supplier on monday and in their wisdom BT deliver your router in the day. They delivered it to an address we left 5 years ago (despite moving our Bt line here!) and we are still waiting so I have no email access.

loubielou31 Tue 20-Nov-12 18:05:17

Finbar,
I'm just using my normal water filter that I use for the kettle. It will do the job well enough for now at least.
I've done all my ironing today this week with it already.

SparePants Mon 19-Nov-12 17:48:06

Got mine too! My goodness it's a whopper though. And the scarf and chocs were very a lovely surprise.

tealady Mon 19-Nov-12 17:25:30

Mine has also arrived this afternoon and it was lovely to have the added gifts of a scarf and chocolates. Thank you very much to whoever was responsible for that kind thought!

I have a large pile of ironing waiting for me tomorrow and will enjoy trying out my new toy. I assume a feedback thread will appear soon?

Finbar Mon 19-Nov-12 16:21:20

Shout out to you Rattitude - I GOT MINE TOO!

Only slight downside is that it seems I will have to pay out £ 25 for one of the IronCare water filters as we are in a hard water area.

Rattitude Mon 19-Nov-12 15:44:03

Finbaaaaaaaaar, I got my iron (and the goodies too - thank you, Philips!).

Have you received yours?

PinkPepper Mon 19-Nov-12 12:16:12

Ah thank you. Maybe I'll have chance to see the bottom of my laundry basket

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Nov-12 08:19:40

Feedback thread will be coming - will be after about a week - so probably next week (give everyone a chance to put it through it's paces!)

PinkPepper Sun 18-Nov-12 23:30:42

Mine hadnt been used. Cord was a nice tidy loop thing. And there were some stickers on it. Where do we have to post the feedback? I will do some ironing tomorrow smile

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 18-Nov-12 17:51:24

Geordieminx - how odd...will let them know

Geordieminx Sun 18-Nov-12 10:56:42

Water was in iron, the cable wasnt wrapped up, and it wasnt in a bag or anything... Maybe they had to test it or something ?

Rattitude Sun 18-Nov-12 10:16:07

Finbar, you are not alone! I am also iron-less and will soon be roaming around in a naked state if it does not turn up soon.

I probably should have a go at my clothes mountain with my current iron.

Finbar Sun 18-Nov-12 07:48:03

Now I'm sad...am still waiting for mine!
Do you think they've forgotten me? Please don't start the trial without me!!

ZombieOnABicycle Sun 18-Nov-12 07:01:29

Got mine yesterday, ate the chocs last night, and going to do so ironing today. Really excited about it.

PinkPepper Sat 17-Nov-12 21:40:01

How weird. Definitely no water in mine? Was it in the box or in the actual iron?

Geordieminx Sat 17-Nov-12 15:49:37

Picked mine up from the post office this morning.

Bit bizarre as it is/was full of water which has leaked over everything inc the lovely scarf, plug and cord both soaked too. sad

PinkPepper Fri 16-Nov-12 21:18:33

Well I ironed a t shirt. Then let dp take over. He's still going gringringrin

It is quite good to be honest, I kept going over areas where I didn't really have redo to but out of habit

Geordieminx Fri 16-Nov-12 19:27:33

They tried to deliver mine today, going to PO to get it tomorrow. grin

Rattitude Fri 16-Nov-12 19:15:07

Looks like I will be a creased Rattitude for a bit longer

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 16-Nov-12 19:00:47

Hurrah - I expect no creases from now on from you lot...!

MeDented Fri 16-Nov-12 17:39:27

Mine arrived too - I am embarrassed at how excited I am, what has my life come to? And extra gifts too, how lovely are those people at Philips!

Gits envy

Less of the pressies and more of the elbow grease please! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now