Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED: Testers needed for the new Philips PerfectCare Xpress iron (RRP £120)

(226 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:34:16

We're looking for 20 Mumsnetters to try Philips PerfectCare Xpress the World's first pressurised steam iron, with "revolutionary OptimalTEMP technology and compact steam generator, it's built for powerful crease removal and is faster than any other steam iron, as tested by independent institute, DWI, June 2011".

Here's what Philips say about the product: "PerfectCare Xpress has no settings, just one perfect temperature that's safe on all ironable fabrics, even delicates. Iron from jeans to silk, to linen, to cotton, to cashmere...in any order, without having to adjust the temperature, it's 100% scorch proof! Plus with an automatic motion steam sensor inside ironing has never been easier. Compact and convenient for storage it's perfect for ironing small loads, every day"

This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters. Testers will be required to try the iron out over the course of a week and add feedback to a thread on Mumsnet. We'd also like you to add a review to MN reviews to let us know how you get on.

To sign up click here.

All those who are selected to take part and leave the required feedback on Mumsnet will receive the PerfectCare Xpress to keep (RRP £120).

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

ZombieOnABicycle Mon 12-Nov-12 08:24:59

I got my call last week, said they would be delivering it at some point this week.

Rattitude Tue 13-Nov-12 16:01:03

Getting a bit twitchy: I had said to Philips that yesterday and today were best for me to receive the iron.

I have deliberately stayed at home these past two days but nothing so far and I suspect it may not come today now sad.

I just hope there will be an option to pick it up somewhere not too distant if I am not here when it is delivered.

Otherwise, I may have to send my pile to Upinthehills too. wink

Damn, MNHQ forgot to email me sad

upinthehills Thu 15-Nov-12 10:07:11

No point sending it here - it's not arrived yet.

I have missed two deliveries on 2 separate days whilst doing the school run ( I assume it is iron but may not be!). Second time I wrote where to leave it but it is being sent signed for they they can't leave it hidden anywhere.

It is that Hermes "lifestyle" courier company - and it is very annoying - no depot to pick it up from. You call the number, have done twice saying I will be in after 3pm and nothing. They won't call you back. Am sitting in all morning till nursery run again. Haven't been able to go for run or anything and sod's law they will come again when I am out. If it is the iron, Philips please use a company with a depot where you can collect the goodsd if you are going to send something that needs to be signed!!

i haven't heard anything yet, not had a phonecall or delivery.

upinthehills Thu 15-Nov-12 12:02:52

I take it back - it wasn't the iron it was toyrus! Oh well that is one more present hidden away in the attic!

PinkPepper Thu 15-Nov-12 13:04:16

Phew got another phone call. They asked me if it was ok to be left in post office if needed. She said she'd try and ring with the day it'd come (i said I could take it anytime)

Rattitude Thu 15-Nov-12 14:53:18

I still have not received mine either. They have not yet attempted to deliver it from I can gather...

I am hoping to receive it before the weekend or I will have to crack on with my ironing with my current iron.

Finbar Thu 15-Nov-12 16:07:55

Interesting to read these recent messages - I haven't got mine either - even though I agreed with Philips I'd be in on Monday to take delivery. Why would they agree a day and not stick to it?

Rattitude Thu 15-Nov-12 17:00:42

I agree, Finbar. It would have been better if they had told us dates that worked for them, rather than let us specify dates that they could not deliver on anyway.

Ha well...

I haven't even had a phonecall to arrange delivery at all yet. I had a missed call last week at about quarter past 3 which is school run time which could maybe have been them.

AmazingDisgrace Argentina Thu 15-Nov-12 17:18:04

I got a phone call last week to say they would be sending them out this week. arranged for them to deliver to work but not a sausage, or indeed an iron, so far.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 15-Nov-12 21:09:24

Sorry if folks have had issues re delivery etc - there has been a couple of queries and I know the team there are on the case.

PinkPepper Thu 15-Nov-12 23:36:45

Thanks Ann. My ironing can happily wait

PinkPepper Fri 16-Nov-12 10:23:28

Yay I have the iron

AmazingDisgrace Argentina Fri 16-Nov-12 14:04:49

Mine arrived too, with a Boden scarf and some chocolates too! I'm oddly excited to try the iron out whilst wearing my scarf at a jaunty angle and scoffing chocolate

Mine has just arrived with the extra goodies too. Who'd have thought I'd be excited about ironing on a weekend!

AGeeksWife Fri 16-Nov-12 14:41:26

Got mine today, love the extras, what a nice surprise!

tittytittyhanghang Fri 16-Nov-12 14:47:11

mines not came yet, boo sad is it royal mail, as i have a delivery to pick up from sorting office but thought it was something else from ebay.

Rattitude Fri 16-Nov-12 14:54:03

snif snif.... no iron yet chez Rattitude!

ObiWan Fri 16-Nov-12 14:58:29

Mine has arrived!

It came with chocolates and a scarf (thought maybe I was meant to try ironing the scarf, but I don't want to risk that with the chocolate grin).

It was a Parcelforce delivery guy, so if you miss it, it should be easy to track down.

ObiWan Fri 16-Nov-12 15:02:08

Huge packing box though, so if you're picking it up from the delivery office I'd either take the car, or get rid of the outer box.

Finbar Fri 16-Nov-12 15:08:44

You and me both Rattitude !

Rattitude Fri 16-Nov-12 15:35:12

Finbar, I was actually thinking about you and Upinthehills as neither of you had commented yet. At least, I am not alone! grin

PinkPepper Fri 16-Nov-12 16:36:54

Yep lovely big box perfect for these DVDs I have to take up the attic. And lovely chocolates. Havn't opened iron yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now