Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED: Testers needed for the new Philips PerfectCare Xpress iron (RRP £120)

(226 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:34:16

We're looking for 20 Mumsnetters to try Philips PerfectCare Xpress the World's first pressurised steam iron, with "revolutionary OptimalTEMP technology and compact steam generator, it's built for powerful crease removal and is faster than any other steam iron, as tested by independent institute, DWI, June 2011".

Here's what Philips say about the product: "PerfectCare Xpress has no settings, just one perfect temperature that's safe on all ironable fabrics, even delicates. Iron from jeans to silk, to linen, to cotton, to cashmere...in any order, without having to adjust the temperature, it's 100% scorch proof! Plus with an automatic motion steam sensor inside ironing has never been easier. Compact and convenient for storage it's perfect for ironing small loads, every day"

This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters. Testers will be required to try the iron out over the course of a week and add feedback to a thread on Mumsnet. We'd also like you to add a review to MN reviews to let us know how you get on.

To sign up click here.

All those who are selected to take part and leave the required feedback on Mumsnet will receive the PerfectCare Xpress to keep (RRP £120).

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

hurricanewyn Mon 05-Nov-12 11:59:55

Done smile

ClaimedByMe Mon 05-Nov-12 11:59:57

Done, DD's pleated school skirts are evil with my crappy cheapy iron, I dread ironing them!

HaplessHousewife Mon 05-Nov-12 12:13:15

Done

LadyMaryCreepyCrawley Mon 05-Nov-12 12:13:58

Iron? confused What is this thing you speak of?

Pinotgrigioplease Mon 05-Nov-12 12:24:19

Oooh, pick me please!!

shelley72 Mon 05-Nov-12 12:35:54

Done. I cannot understand how a family of 4 can make so much washing / ironing. DS starting school has only added to the problem. I need a decent iron - I go through them at a startling rate and yet to find one up to the task!

pengymum Mon 05-Nov-12 12:37:06

Oooh this would be fab - discovered that someone has dropped my current iron and it is now gushing dirty brown water everywhere - when it deigns to turn on at all! sad
I know one shouldn't speak ill of the departed but it wasn't up to much in the first place! Steam very temperamental and spray clogged up long ago! I would love a steam generator iron then I could iron everything in sight - would love to have ironed sheets and duvet covers... (well I can dream)

Everything is falling apart around me! Dishwasher conked out in the summer, tumble dryer creaking, washing machine squealing ... Just glad I didn't order any replacements from Comet! Phew!

<waits patiently by emailbox with fingers and toes crossed>

Dontbesodramatic Mon 05-Nov-12 12:43:04

Done.

StaceeJaxx Mon 05-Nov-12 12:51:56

Done. I would love this, absolutely love it!

poppy1973 Mon 05-Nov-12 12:55:16

I have added my name, so fingers crossed !!

WiseKneeHair Mon 05-Nov-12 12:58:50

Ok. I want to do this, however, I don't actually iron.
DH is in charge of ironing in the HairyKnee household.
Is it ok if I put my name down and he can use it and give me feedback to put on MN?
It'll be just up his street - he always drags me to look at the techiest looking irons whenever we jo out shopping. grin

Done....oo-er we can't all qualify!! grin

I was hoping that with all the MN-ers who vow they "never iron" <how ...HOW do they not iron??!! > I'd be in with a chance.

Hey-ho good luck all!

JazzyTheSnowman Mon 05-Nov-12 13:03:25

I have a 15mo little boy... I NEED THIS! Especially the rate at which he goes through stuff!!

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 05-Nov-12 13:05:09

WiseKneeHair - yep put your name down but put that it's your DH in the "pick me" box!

WiseKneeHair Mon 05-Nov-12 13:09:32

Thanks Ann.
blush I didn't put his name down, I just answered it as if I were him.
I'm quite good at answering for him, I've had 20 years experience. grin

vincenta Mon 05-Nov-12 13:12:01

Oh.Done!!!I would love to try this iron! I iron everything,even socks! It's crazy I know but I like how soft and lovely clothes and bedding, towels are after ironing
My iron doesn't steam enough(looks like it will be dead very soon)smile
That's why would love to try this perfect iron with one setting for all clothes, who is faster than other irons! I love ironing and ironed clothes but I hate to spend more time than this is necessary!

MommyVan Mon 05-Nov-12 13:14:58

Done! Pleeeeeeeeease pick me, I'm crap and need to get better at ironing so we don't look like the Family Scruff all the time.

JennetDevice Mon 05-Nov-12 13:28:26

Done.

Princessishavingababyboo Mon 05-Nov-12 13:33:55

I neeeeeed to test this one, I will bribe as neccesary wink I hate ironing sooo much!

lunar1 Mon 05-Nov-12 13:38:39

Did you get mine? the screen didnt load properly when i sent it.

Please pick me, i have a rubbish cheap iron, would love to make the job easier and a bit quicker!

moonbells Mon 05-Nov-12 13:39:47

I'll be lucky to get this given I'm still mid-another test, but my iron's 30+ years old, won't steam any more and I've just had to remember how to use it when DS went to school. Argh! School trousers and little tiny shirts!

So far I'm doing better at ironing me than the clothes - the second burn since Sept has only just healed... because I'm having to use a damp muslin thanks to lack of steam. And I put my hand under it... Klutz. And I burned a pair of trousers when I tried without the cloth. I even posted on here about having to get someone to do it for me in desperation! So I'd love simple iron that even a completely useless half-asleep idiot I can use.

TheMummyLovesAScareFest Mon 05-Nov-12 13:40:43

done. i'd love to try this.DH loves ironing and I always blame the iron for my poor attempts. I'd love to say "see, told you so!" smile

Onetwothreeoops Mon 05-Nov-12 13:48:04

Done. How are you selecting? Is it names out of a hat?

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Mon 05-Nov-12 13:48:11

Done

MeDented Mon 05-Nov-12 13:51:28

omg! I do hope I get picked for this. I have tried to give up ironing but just can't bring myself to wear unironed clothes or even put the children in them. I even iron socks and pants, my ocd just won't let me put them away unless they are neatly pressed! But I truly HATE ironing so a fancy iron would make my day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now