Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

FEEDBACK NOW CLOSED: Ecover Multi-Action Wipes feedback thread

(232 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Oct-12 09:52:01

This thread is for the 250 MNers trying out the new Ecover Multi-Action wipes

Please add your feedback below - all comments welcome. Everyone who was part of the test and who adds their feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will get a £150 JL voucher as a thank you.

1. What were your thoughts and feelings about Ecover prior to trying them? Had you used any Ecover products before?
2. Do you currently use wipes as part of your cleaning regime? Is it because they are convenient, value for money or for other reasons?
3. Ecover Multi-Action Wipes can be used throughout your home - from toilet seats to highchairs - where did you test your wipes? Did they do the job?
4. How important is it that the wipes are Anti-bacterial and kill 99.9% of bacteria? Do you use any Anti-bacterial products for cleaning or hygiene?
5. Thinking about the wipes, did you find the packaging easy to use and carry all the information you needed? Did you like the fragrance? Did the wipes retain enough moisture to get the job done?
6. The wipes are FSC sourced and biodegradable - how did you dispose of your wipes once used? Would you pop them on the compost heap or perhaps with food waste? They are not flushable, is this problem?
7. Would you buy the products in the future? If it came up in conversation do you think you'd recommend to a friend? Why? If not why?
8. Having now tried Ecover Multi-Action Wipes has it changed your perception of the brand? If so, how?
9. Finally, using a 5-star rating with 5 being excellent and 1 being poor? what would you give Ecover Multi-Action Wipes?

thanks and good luck

missymoomoomee Mon 29-Oct-12 13:09:07

1. What were your thoughts and feelings about Ecover prior to trying them? Had you used any Ecover products before?

I have never used Ecover products before, I have seen the brand in supermarkets and always thought the packaging made it look like the product would be a lower standard of product than I usually buy.

2. Do you currently use wipes as part of your cleaning regime? Is it because they are convenient, value for money or for other reasons?

I buy wipes every week and use them daily as I find them more convenient to use.

3. Ecover Multi-Action Wipes can be used throughout your home - from toilet seats to highchairs - where did you test your wipes? Did they do the job?

I used the wipes in the kitchen and in the bathroom, they did the job.

4. How important is it that the wipes are Anti-bacterial and kill 99.9% of bacteria? Do you use any Anti-bacterial products for cleaning or hygiene?

Very imprtant, all the sprays and wipes I use are anti-bac.

5. Thinking about the wipes, did you find the packaging easy to use and carry all the information you needed? Did you like the fragrance? Did the wipes retain enough moisture to get the job done?

The packaging was a nightmare to get into the 1st time, the tab was totally stuck down and because it was clear and the packaging white it was hard to see what side to open the tab from. I think the packaging could do with saying that they are non flushable and make a point of saying they can be used in compost bins. I hated the fragrance, it was too sickly for me. The wipes has a lot of product on them which is great but the wipes themselves are quite flimsy and not large enough.

6. The wipes are FSC sourced and biodegradable - how did you dispose of your wipes once used? Would you pop them on the compost heap or perhaps with food waste? They are not flushable, is this problem?

I have recently bought a compost bin but I never thought to put these in it, I put them in the bin. Not being flushable is a bit of a pain when being used in the bathroom, which I wouldn't have minded so much had it been clear they could be composted.

7. Would you buy the products in the future? If it came up in conversation do you think you'd recommend to a friend? Why? If not why?

No I wouldn't buy them again and I wouldn't recommend them either. I used 2 or 3 as many wipes per job as I do with my usual brand as they were really small and not good quality.

8. Having now tried Ecover Multi-Action Wipes has it changed your perception of the brand? If so, how?

No it hasn't changed my perception, I still think they are a lower quality brand now that I have used them.

9. Finally, using a 5-star rating with 5 being excellent and 1 being poor? what would you give Ecover Multi-Action Wipes?

A 1 star rating. There wasn't a lot of good points about them.

foosty Mon 29-Oct-12 13:11:25

I have used the washing up liquid before - I love it but generally only buy it when it's on special offer

I occasionally use them to try to make my life a bit easier - I'm constantly wringing out a cloth to wipe down the worktops! I find them handy, and usually pretty cheap.

I only used them in the kitchen; they worked great but I did find them a bit on the small side. Very moist though, and didn't sear my granite surfaces.

It's very important in my home with three young and generally mucky kids. They climb on the surfaces a lot. They're not allowed to, but they do.

Packaging fine and easily recognisable as Ecover. Fragrance very pleasant. They are very moist and one wipe would generally do the job for a quick wipe-down.

I put them in the bin but will put them in with paper recycling from now - we don't have a compost heap.dosen't bother me that they aren't flushable as I wouldn't expect them to be.

I would buy them but probably only if they were cheaper/on special offer. I usually buy supermarket's own, or Cif wipes which tend to be around £1 for 40 or more wipes, so for me they'd need to be a comparable price. I'd recommend them, yes, for their eco-friendly properties.

Not really, I was aware of and familiar with Ecover already.

4 - I'd like them to be a bit bigger and a bit cheaper!

Thanks for letting me take part! Much appreciated.

greyfurrybaby Mon 29-Oct-12 13:16:19

I liked the idea of them but always thought them to be a lot more expensive that traditional brands and I worried they would be up to the job.

I always use wipes especially in the kitchen on surfaces but in the bathroom too.

I tried the wipes in the kitchen on the worktops and on the highchair tray too. They worked quite well at cleaning but I felt they were a little too wet and left a soapy residue on the worktops.

The anti-bacterial aspect is extremely important. I use wipes mainly for cleaning but the fact that they are killing germs as well is really reassuring.

I love the smell of them. It reminded me of the smell you get in doctors surgeries or hospitals. I realize not everyone would find that smell appealing but I found it very pleasant and clean smelling. As I mentioned in Q3 I found the wipes to be too moist.

I didn't realize the wipes were biodegradable and so I put them in the bin and disposed of them with the normal household waste. Now I know, I'll be putting them in with my food waste. I didn't use them in the bathroom but I would do it they were made to be flushed.

I think other brands I've tried are better and more value for money but overall they did an ok job.

I would be more willing to try other products of the same brand now after trying the wipes.

3 / 5

MariosTash Mon 29-Oct-12 13:17:57

Yes but found they didn't compete with other mainstream brands. I'd rather choose 'green' brands but usually find they don't quite do the job or cost a fortune.

I tend to use wipes for quick jobs or to keep on top of things between proper in depth cleaning which usually gets done at the weekend. They do tend to cost more so I try to limit how many I use but they are convenient.

I tend to use wipes to clean in between proper cleaning to keep on top of things. Around the toilet seat, on work surfaces and the kids table. They did the job in every instance I used them but because they were small I had to use more of them than I usually would with other brands.

As I usually use wipes to clean round the toilet seat I do like anti-bacterial however it isn't essential.

The packaging was fine and had enough information but as they are a green product I would have expected them to be able to be disposed of in a green way. It's not clear from the packaging if I can do this. I really liked the scent and they retained enough moisture to get any jobs done.

It would be much easier if they were flushable, however, I think as long as there is clear instructions about how best to dispose of them in a green way that is not a problem.

I think I would, they smell nice and do the job but they need to be bigger.

I really liked the scent and they cleaned well. I always thought environmentally friendly brands were a bit rubbish and didn't really do the job so they have changed my view in relation to that.

I'd score them a 4 because they are too small for cleaning with.

Filmbuffmum Mon 29-Oct-12 13:18:04

Use other Ecover products regularly (including washing up liquid, laundry detergent, general cleaner and toilet cleaner)- usually prefer the fragrance (which is not as strong as non-eco products) and generally prefer to use eco-products.
No, have never bought or used wipes before.
I tried using them in the kitchen and bathroom, as well as on toys and other fiddly to clean household items.
I don't think this is that important for daily cleaning, as long as some form of cleaner is used and surfaces are cleaned regularly. I will use stronger cleaners (still usually Ecover or Method products, but occasionally bleach/anti-mould cleaners) where it is obvious that something stronger is required.
The packaging was fine (although not many in the pack for the price), but I did not like the fragrance and found the wipes too small and flimsy. There was plenty of cleaner on each wipe, but in fact this made them hard to use as really needed to wipe with a second damp cloth after use.
Would never consider flushing them. In the kitchen I did put them in the compost caddy, in the bathroom I put them in the ordinary waste bin.
No- as noted above too flimsy and when I thought it over, having a disposal wipe (even if biodegradable) seemed to be in opposition to the eco aims of the company. I will continue to use Ecover cleaner (which I can refill at a local shop- decreasing packaging) and reusable blue cleaning cloths which are only 99p for 20 and can be used for a week or so before throwing away.
Has not changed my perception of the Ecover brand- just don't think this particular product really works.
1- sorry! Really wanted to like these, but just not for me. Thanks for letting me try them out though.

BornToFolk Mon 29-Oct-12 13:31:06

Yes, I've used some Ecover cleaning products and washing powder. In general I find the quality of the products very good and I like the environmentally friendly aspect but they are just too expensive for me to use on a regular basis.

Yes, I usually use Tesco own brand anti-bacterial wipes. I use them for convenience for quick clean ups where the anti-bacterial agent is useful for example if DS misses the toilet! I do use them more frequently during the winter to wipe down door handles etc to try and prevent the spread of colds.

I tested them by cleaning the toilet (i.e wiping down cistern and handle and outside of loo) and also wiping kitchen surfaces.

They did do the job but in general I found them quite small and they left a foamy residue. They are fine for the purposes I use them for, although I would like them to be bigger and thicker. Also I liked the fragrance but it was too faint. In the situations where I use an anti-bacterial wipe, I like a good, strong clean smell!

Very important as I buy this kind of wipe specifically for the anti-bacterial properties. See answer to q2

Packaging was fine. I sometimes find these kind of packets tricky to get into but these weren't. I'm about half way through the packet and so far they are still moist.
See q3 re fragrance.

I did not notice that these are biodegradable but it's definitely a point in their favour. I put them in the general waste. I might consider putting them in the compost in future but I use a Bokashi bin and I'm not sure what effect an anti-bacterial wipe would have so would have to research!

No, I prefer a wipe that is not flushable

No, I'd probably not buy again. They are no better than the Tesco wipes in terms of performance (actually slighly worse as they are smaller and not so strongly scented) and more than twice the price. Their only advantage is that you can compost them (potentially!) and that's not enough of an advantge, for me.

Not really. I still think that it's a good brand, but too expensive for me.

3 out of 5. They do the job but there's room for improvement.

Barabajagal Mon 29-Oct-12 13:32:23

I like a few of Ecover's products, particularly the multi surface cleaner and the laundry products.

I use wipes for occasional spot cleaning, mainly in the bathrooms.

I tested them in the bathrooms. They did the job but as other posters have said they were a bit insubstantial.

I'm not too bothered about anti-bacterial products. I'm not obsessive about cleaning - I aim for "clean enough".

Yes to all of these. I wasn't keen on the fragrance when I opened the package but when using the individual wipes it was less overpowering and very pleasant.

I put the wipes in the normal bin - I have had issues with our council before about what they will and will not accept in the green bin and we don't have a compost heap.

I would buy the wipes in future although I would like it if they were less flimsy. I suppose I would recommend them to a friend, however things like cleaning methods don't tend to come up in conversation!

Not really, I liked the brand anyway.

I would give them a 4.

whattodoo Mon 29-Oct-12 13:38:40

1. had used a few products before, when they've been on special offer. I was sceptical before first use, I assumed they would not be as effective as other products.
2. I don't use wipes for cleaning, I think they are a bit wasteful. i'd rather use cloths I can chuck in the washing machine and re-use.
3. I used wipes in kitchen, bathroom and on toys. They did the job adequately.
4. I always use antibacterial cleaners - I like the feeling that surfaces are safe and germ free.
5. The packaging was fine. Not too bulky, easy to open and reseal, plenty of info. the scent was ideal - just enough to be pleasant but not overpowering. yes, the wipes retained moisture. In fact, it was quite annoying that after use my hands were covered in suds.
6. I like the idea that I can put used wipes in food waste bin. I wouldn't dream of ever putting a wipe down toilet.
7. I might use the products again, for convenience. probably when out and about or going to self catering holiday accom. I would recommend them to others, particularly new mums who might want to carry wipes around for public baby changing rooms or wiping tables/highchairs in cafes.
8. I am now more favourable to ecover. The product worked better than expected.
9. 4star.
BUT - the wipes weren't big enough! I needed at least 2 to do the smallest job. I wonder how economical that is?

1. What were your thoughts and feelings about Ecover prior to trying them? Had you used any Ecover products before? I thought they were a bit expensive for regular buying but I do like the idea/ethos behind them.

2. Do you currently use wipes as part of your cleaning regime? Is it because they are convenient, value for money or for other reasons? Sometimes. I have an autistic child that can create a lot of mess. Wipes are easier to use than finding a cloth and spray a lot of the time.

3. Ecover Multi-Action Wipes can be used throughout your home - from toilet seats to highchairs - where did you test your wipes? Did they do the job? I have used them in the kitchen and the bathroom so far. They are great for wiping down the cooker and surprisingly great at getting burnt off food off a George Foreman grill!!

4. How important is it that the wipes are Anti-bacterial and kill 99.9% of bacteria? Do you use any Anti-bacterial products for cleaning or hygiene? It really doesn't bother me so much about products being anti-bacterial etc. I think we can be over cautious on the germ front.

5. Thinking about the wipes, did you find the packaging easy to use and carry all the information you needed? Did you like the fragrance? Did the wipes retain enough moisture to get the job done? The packaging was nice and unfussy. They smelt quite nice, not overpowering as there is no chemical smell to hide. I'm afraid the moisture let me down. They really couldn't handle any large area before giving up.

6. The wipes are FSC sourced and biodegradable - how did you dispose of your wipes once used? Would you pop them on the compost heap or perhaps with food waste? They are not flushable, is this problem? Not flushable is not a problem for me. I don't flush anything other than toilet roll. I wouldn't put them in with food waste. Our council can be quite fussy over contamination and I don't think that cleaning products and food waste go well together in recycling.

7. Would you buy the products in the future? If it came up in conversation do you think you'd recommend to a friend? Why? If not why? I would maybe buy them in the future but only if on special offer. With everyone cutting back on bills etc, they are just too pricey for what a cheap cloth and hot soapy water/anti bac spray can already do. I'd probably recommend to a friend but mention the price issues.

8. Having now tried Ecover Multi-Action Wipes has it changed your perception of the brand? If so, how? I was sceptical over whether a product could be 'green' and not use harsh chemicals but still clean well. I am happy to say I was proven wrong!

9. Finally, using a 5-star rating with 5 being excellent and 1 being poor? what would you give Ecover Multi-Action Wipes? I'd probably say a 2. They really were let down by the fact that they are too foamy but don't clean a large surface area before needing a new wipe. They also left too much reside for my liking. I had to wipe over with a sheet of kitchen roll immediately after to remove the foam reside.

moogdroog Mon 29-Oct-12 13:50:00

Thanks for letting me try the wipes!

Used to be a regular ecover user pre-dc (more spare cash then) and still use a few products. I like the brand.

Usually have a pack of wipes on the go as part of my cleaning arsenal. Convenience mostly.

Used them on a variety of things - bathroom, high chairs and have just moved so they got put through their paces with builders grime and ancient nicotine stained doors and handles - they did the job pretty well.

Very important. I usually have a anti bad spray for things like kitchen surfaces and high chairs.

Packaging was easy to use and had plenty of info. Wasn't keen on the fragrance at all. Very fake smelling and reminded me of a Bacardi Breezer. Method products smell heavenly, so was disappointed. Retained moisture too well, extremely frothy. Felt like a needed to rewipe afterwards. Too small also.

Knot being flush able is not a problem. I put them in bin as per packet instructions, though had hoped to compost - can you???

No wouldn't buy or recommend. Fragrance, size and frothiness.

I'm a bit disappointed in them tbh.

3 - they did clean well, but too small, smelly and frothy.

EvaGk Mon 29-Oct-12 13:56:40

Hello, first of all thank you for the free wipes

Yes, I have used the clothes' detergent attracted by the eco-claims. I think Ecover products are more expensive than others and as an environmental consultant myself I believe that environment-friendly products should be the norm and not more expensive than others.

No, I don't use wipes other than baby wipes when changing the baby for convenience. But as more and more mess is produced by the baby I suspect I will use wipes for many purposes for convenience.

I used my wipes for cleaning and sanitising the baby's changing matt and also some plastic toys he tends to put in his mouth. As far as I could tell they did the job,yes.

It was very important that the wipes were anti-bacterial as I only use them if something needs sanitising. Otherwise I would use a cheaper method of cleaning.

Yes the wipes have packaging easy to use, nice fragnance and are very moist.

It's great they are FSC sourced, I did not realise they are fully biodegradable that's fantastic. I used to put them in the bin but I will put them in the food waste from now on. It is not a problem that they are not flushable as they are not for personal hygiene use. How come they are biodegradable and not flushable by the way?

Yes, I will consider buying in the future and I would recommend as they can be convenient to use. I am concerned though that rinsing is necessary in some cases after use e.g. for toys, as they contain potentially dangerous chemicals, hence the warning to rinse hands after use. This reduces their use and convenience. Also they are too foamy and leave surfaces more wet than desired.

No, it has not changed my perception of the brand which contines to be a positive one.

I would give them a 4 and not a 5 as they are too foamy.

Never used any Ecover products before. No real reason for not having tried them, just haven't. Was looking forward to trying the wipes because they sounded like they would smell nice and be good (and safe) for cleaning things like the highchair etc.

I occasionally use wipes because they are convenient but the cost puts me off using them regularly. I do use baby wipes for a lot of stuff though as they seem so much cheaper (than other wipes) and I always have a pack or 6 lying around for cleaning up one or the other DSs. So will often give something a quick wipe with a baby wipe before cleaning or in between cleans.

So far I have mainly used them to wipe the table and highchair after meals and a bit in the kitchen. They did an ok job I think BUT I found them to be really quite small. The packet said 'large wipes' so I thought maybe I had unreasonable expectations of wipe size (well one never knows where your friends stand on these important issues unless it comes up in conversation.... hmm) but having seen some of the other reviews it would seem I'm not on my own. I quite liked the smell. They were quite frothy but I didn't mind that too much as I just left it to dry and it said it was food safe etc so that was reassuring (especially since my 7mo seems to be obsessed with biting the tablecloth at the moment hmm). Size was the main issue for me.

I will hopefully try them in the bathroom next time I remember

Anti bacterial is good in a bathroom and I think my kitchen spray is anti bacterial but not necessarily deliberately! It's probably bad but I never bother anti-bac-ing highchairs etc if we go out - I just give them a wipe with a baby wipe so I'm not too bothered by it all. Although I am yet to utter the words 'well we never had anti bac when i was little and a few germs never did me any harm....'

Packaging was nice. I liked the smell although often I find with things like this that after using them for a while the smell really gets to me and I have to change product, eg with baby wipes. They were plenty wet enough - possibly with the small size this combined to make them just scrunch up into nothing but definitely wet enough.

I put them in the bin. We don't have a compost heap. I probably wouldn't flush them even if they said they were flushable as I was once told (can't remember by who so a good reliable source there then...) that even the flushable wipes aren't even really flushable.

I might buy them depending on the price. Might recommend them as smelling nice and I think they're ok but wouldn't go out of my way to tell someone about them.

Slightly improved it - might be tempted to try something else from the range.

SchrodingersUndeadMew Mon 29-Oct-12 14:01:50

None, I had never really heard much about them before.

Yes we do, we use them because they are convenient for us and they normally give a good clean and smell nice.

We tested them on the highchair, the kitchen surface and our glass dining table. In all honesty I didn't think they did a good job, they were very small so you needed to use a few to get a decent clean and they were very frothy so I felt I had to wipe over with something dry after to stop them leaving marks, this made the wipes far less convenient.

4. How important is it that the wipes are Anti-bacterial and kill 99.9% of
bacteria? Do you use any Anti-bacterial products for cleaning or hygiene?

It's quite important as I have a 13mo DS so I like things like his highchair and table to be very clean as he likes to make a mess on them and eat it afterwards! I do use other anti-bacterial products, normally another brand of wipes and a spray

I found the packaging easy to use and to carry, it did have enough information. I liked the fragrance of the wipes and the wipes retained a lot of moisture, too much and that was a problem. As I said before, they are very frothy and this meant I needed to re-wipe with something else afterwards.

I shoved them in the bin. grin Sorry, I am not great with recycling but them not being flushable wasn't a problem.

Unfortunately I don't think I would buy them in the future unless the design of them was changed, they are far too small and this means they are not good value for money, also they fact they were so frothy was a problem for me. I wouldn't recommend to a friend at the moment but if the problems were fixed I may change my mind.

I didn't really have much knowledge of Ecover in the first place so I can't really say it has changed my perception but having now tried them I would be put off trying other products incase they were the same.

I would probably give a 2 1/2, they were too small so not good value for money and too frothy so I would actually spend more in kitchen roll. I did very much like the smell though.

MsInterpret Mon 29-Oct-12 14:09:10

Like Ecover's ethos and particularly their liquid handsoap as love the scents! Some reservation that cleaning products might not be as good as others but keen to try, put off by price though.

No, because I think they are quite wasteful to the environment and probably expensive for what you get, but I was pleased to see Ecover ones are totally
biodegradable.

Toilet seats great as I normally don't use wipes here but am converted! Also highchair and hob. Did the job but a bit frothy - felt I had to rinse/wipe more after. Also quite thin so needed to use lots for hob. Think here be best to use last to sheen after a good scrb from a cloth/scourer here but then they'd leave too much froth!

Yes, very important, less so for oven but if using for the toilet which I would like to.

Retained too much moisture for thickness/sturdiness of wipe. Packaging easy to use and had enough info.

Would never flush wipes. I think I put them in the bin but didn't realise could put in with food waste, duh! Was this on packet?

Yes, I think I will for toilet cleaning, but would prefer a thicker sturdier wipe. Might look at other brands, sorry!

Ye, made me think of them more favourably. Good product without compromising ethos of ecover.

FromGirders Mon 29-Oct-12 14:10:09

I'd used Ecover products before, but not been hugely impressed to be honest.

I do use wipes in the bathroom, but haven't used them elsewhere because I hadn't found a suitable environmentally friendly product.

I tried them in the toilet, on the high chair and generally around the kitchen.
They did a reasonable job, but weren't brilliant on some on the splashes on my cupboard fronts. Needed a bit of scrubbing in the bathroom sink, but generally they were quite good.

I generally don't use anti-bacterial products, I just use general cleaning products. I use anti-bacterial things if someone's had a tummy bug or from time to time in the bathroom.

Packaging was fine. Fragrance was quite alcoholic-smelling I thought! The wipes were very wet, and bubbled a bit when I was cleaning.

I put them in the landfill bin blush. Didn't htink of putting them in the compost bin - wouldn't the antibac properties damage the compost process?

I would probably buy them in the future for occasional use, but probably stick to spray and kitchen roll for general use.

They did better than I expected, so I might re-visit some of the other products.

TimeForMeAndDD Mon 29-Oct-12 14:20:11

My thoughts and feelings were that I would like to try Ecover products but they are too expensive. No I have never used Ecover products before.

I do use wipes in the bathroom, for giving the toilet seat and hinges a daily wipe, and also around the sink and taps.

I first tried them on the kitchen worktop and my sink but then they were used in the bathroom.

I like to use anti-bacterial products in the bathroom and I like the claim that the wipes kill off 99.9% of bacteria but how do we know for sure I also use anti-bacterial spray both in the bathroom and the kitchen.

The packaging was fine and yes, the wipes were easy to use but they are exceptionally wet compared to the other wipes I use. I found this caused the wipes to sort of fold in on themselves so they ended up scrunched up and I couldn't use them as effectively. I had to make sure the wipe was spread out flat over my hand before I began wiping with it. Yes, they retained enough moisture to get the job done but they were very foamy and left residue which I had to clean off afterwards with a microfibre cloth. I did not like the fragrance.

I love the fact the wipes are biodegradable and I put them in the compost bin. It's new and a novelty at the moment so everything that is biodegradable goes in the compost bin! Being non flushable was not a problem.

I wouldn't buy the wipes because I prefer the ones I already use. I probably won't buy Ecover products in general because they are too expensive for my budget. I wouldn't recommend the wipes to a friend because while they were ok they didn't impress me enough to recommend them to anyone.

I wouldn't say the product test of the wipes has changed my perception of Ecover and it hasn't inspired me to try any of the other Ecover products.

In my opinion the wipes were not substantial enough, they were too small in size and not quite thick enough, they were also too wet and foamy so made what should have been a quick wipe down into a major task. I also didn't like the scent so, taking all that into consideration I give the wipes a 2 star rating.

Thank you for giving me the chance to test the product though smile

antsypants Mon 29-Oct-12 14:57:47

I had seen the products in the supermarket, but they never really caught my eye, so did not have any opinion of them.

I use dettol wipes for just wiping over surfaces that don't need fully cleaned, just for convenience.

I used this on the kitchen, in the bathroom on the sink and on my child's table and chair, and yes they did the job, I liked the fact that you did not need to rinse after you used them

I use dettol anti bacterial wipes, it is important to me that they will destroy bacteria.

Yes, the packaging was easy to open and reopen, one of the main issues I had was the wipes tearing when I tried to pull them from the packaging, I likd the fragrance, the retain moisture well.

I don't have a compost heap so I am afraid they went into the bin.

Yes, I would recommend these, it was great being able to allow my toddler to help with the cleaning.

Now I would look twice at ecover because of their great environmental impact, I want to be more environmentally aware and using ecover would give me that.

LynziBaccoli Mon 29-Oct-12 15:18:31

1. I have never used this brand before and was neutral prior to using them. I think that they are great. There is a lot of product on the wipes, however I do have to double them up when using as they are a little flimsy.
2. I currently have the wipes sent to me. I am using them in the kitchen and they work great. I love using wipes as they are convenient and easy to use. I shall be looking out for them in the isles of the supermarket next time I go.
3. I use the wipes in the kitchen.
4. Very important. As I use them in the kitchen it is important that they remove bacteria and are hygeinic.
5. The packaging was fine and easy to open and close for reuse. They had all the information on which was required. The fragrance was well put together, fresh but not overpowering.
6. I love the fact that they are FSC, this is important to me when chosing household paper based products. They have been put in my recycle bin.
7. I have already reccommended them to my friends and I shall be looking out for all Ecover products in the isles. Cost is an important factor in these times, but so is 'free range' 'recyclable' 'Eco friendly' etc in my household
8. I think these wipes are great and look forward to trying out other products from this range.
9. I would give a 4, as previously said I do find that I have to double up the wipes when using. If they were made a bit stronger then I would deffo give a 5.

BetsyBlingtastic Mon 29-Oct-12 15:21:58

Thanks very much for the free packet.

1. I hadn't tried any Ecover products before, but assumed they were environmentally friendly.
2. I use toilet wipes currently ,mainly to be hygienic as they can be immediately flushed.
3. I used mine in the fridge, handbasin, and the loo. They did work.
4. The fact of them being anti-bacterial is to me the whole point of the product. I wouldn't buy them otherwise.
5. Fragrance was good, natural. I actually found the wipes too full of moisture that foamed a bit and left residue. Would prefer them less wet.
6. They went in the bin, I might compost them but rightly or wrongly think they might take a long time to break down. I wouldn't put the ones used on the loo in the compost. I would like them to be flushable, and will stick to my flushable ones for the loo.
7. I think I am going to buy this product again - for cleaning the fridge.
8. It has made me think about trying other Ecover products.
9. I will give them 3 and a half out of 5.

Thanks again.

Further to my feedback previously and in light of the many comments on the size of the wipes I have actually just compared one of the Ecover wipes with one of my (Huggies Pure) baby wipes. They were exactly the same size and yet I feel that when I wipe with the baby wipe it feels much more 'substantial'. I can only assume that, as others have suggested, the extra moisture in the Ecover wipes makes them scrunch up more and fold in on themselves.

daisychicken Mon 29-Oct-12 16:04:43

Thanks for the opportunity to test the product.

I haven't tried Ecover products before so was neutral regarding how good the products were, my only negative thoughts were due to cost.

I mostly use cloths and spray products - cost and environmental reasons however, I do have wipes in stock and use them when my Fibro/CFS is bad as it means I can do a quick wipe round to try and keep on top of the housework and not create more washing etc..

I actually found the wipes quite good, the cloth itself was quite thick compared to some I have tried and the solution was just enough that I had enough to wipe whereas some I've tried tend to be too dry. My only complaint is that the wipes could do with being a little larger. I used the wipes in the bathroom, kitchen and tried them round the house to wipe up any spills or marks.

I'm not that fussed tbh, re bacterial products... I want to clean so soap and hot water is fine for most jobs. I don't buy specific anti-bacterial products.

Packaging is fine, I would prefer a sealed box that I can refill as I often find the packaging rips and therefore the wipes dry out quicker but that's not a huge problem. Fragrance was fine and yes, the wipes had enough moisture.

I actually put the wipes in the bin - I didn't realise they were biodegradable. For future disposal I would put them on the compost heap.

I would buy them again if the cost was affordable. Yes, I would recommend them but again, I would mention costs.

I liked the wipes, so I would be interested to try the rest of the range.

I would rate them as a 4/5 due to the fact I would prefer them to be larger in size.

Biscuits sorry to point out the obvious but babies bottoms are smaller than the surfaces being cleaned.

ouryve Mon 29-Oct-12 16:08:26

Pretty much the same as any other brand. If the product works well, I like it and it's reasonably priced, I'd be tempted to buy it

Yes - for convenience

I tried them out on the changing mat. They removed a stain that had been left on the mat from the last time it was used (by DH!), so I'd say that they do the job well

Where unpleasant bodily fluids and excretions are concerned, very important. I use antibac products around the changing mat, bathroom sink and toilet.

The wipes were very moist and soapy and smelt very pleasant - not overpowering for my sensitive nose. The packaging opened without tearing and was clear about where the wipes could be used.

I put them in the nappy sack with the used nappy and bum wipes and then into the household rubbish

I'd probably buy them, so long as they weren't extortionate. I doubt the conversation ever would arise

nope

no it's the flimsiness i think rather than the size - they just screwed into a ball for me and trying to open them back up meant getting covered with cleaning product. i haven't found other antibac cleaning wipes to be like that as they are denser - perhaps the cost of being 'biodegradable' is being less hardy.

5madthings Mon 29-Oct-12 16:10:46

Marking my place to come back and report!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now