Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED: Do you cook for your family? Testers needed for new Bisto Stock Melts - receive a cooking pack worth £30 and chance to win £100 for feedback

(172 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Sep-12 13:24:58

We've been asked by the team at Bisto to find up to 30 MNers (UK only) to try out their new Stock Melts. These hit the shops in Sept so testers would be among the first to try them out.

Bisto say "New Bisto Stock Melts are little portions of concentrated stock that contain real meat juices, herbs and seasoning to deliver extra depth of flavour and enhance dinnertime dishes with a richer taste. Whether your family enjoys traditional British fare such as home-made soups, pies and casseroles, or meals from other cuisines which have become British favourites like spaghetti bolognese or chicken risotto, there's a Bisto Stock Melt flavour to suit everyone.

Packed in individual pots, Bisto Stock Melts can be added directly in your cooking without the need to dilute them first - so no mess, no fuss - they just melt deliciously rich deep flavour directly into your home cooked meals."

If you're selected for the test you'll be sent a pack containing the full selection of products, as well as ingredient suggestions, recipes and kitchen utensils to help you create some delicious family meals (the pack is worth £30).
You can choose from a meat pack or vegetarian pack. In terms of any allergies: the on pack advice is: contains barley, wheat, gluten, celery.

We're looking for a range of people for this - people who cook for the family at home and who think they could include these in the regular weekly menu.

Selected testers will need to try the Stock Melts and then add feedback at least twice on what they cooked and how they found the Melts - you will be emailed a link to the feedback thread. Please only apply if you are around w/c 24 Sept to add your feedback.

In addition each tester who adds feedback as required will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win a £100 voucher for Amazon

If you'd like to be considered please sign up here

Thanks and good luck

MNHQ

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 13-Sep-12 08:11:02

Done smile

I have applied. But can't remember which pack I selected. I think it was meat.. If I am selected can I change it to vegetarian please MMHQ? Thanks

Pinkpiglet Thu 13-Sep-12 08:55:07

Done smile

AlmostAGoldHipster Thu 13-Sep-12 09:13:10

Done. Got m fingers crossed smile

MTBMummy Thu 13-Sep-12 09:19:34

Done - sounds great given we're getting into stew and soup weather again smile

iseenodust Thu 13-Sep-12 09:53:58

Done. Would be very appreciative as everyone knows it's colder ooop north grin

ceeveebee Thu 13-Sep-12 10:02:47

I would love to but only if they are low salt (BLW). The only low salt stocks are cubes which I don't like, or make my own which takes forever!!

Fillybuster Thu 13-Sep-12 10:38:38

Done - a veggie stock which doesn't need loads of water would be fab!

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Sep-12 11:31:37

Hi
Reply from Bisto

Storage Store in a cool dry place. Once pot is opened, keep refrigerated and consumer within 2 days.

Salt Each 100ml of prepared stock contains 0.65g of salt- which is 11% of an adult’s guideline daily amount

Allergy advice is:
Beef
Contains barley, wheat, gluten

Chicken
Contains barley, wheat, gluten

Vegetable
Contains barley, wheat, gluten, celery

If you have specific ingredients you need me to check please can you PM me?

thanks

Puppypoppet Thu 13-Sep-12 12:42:45

Have completed it! Interesting to see if they are better than the old fashioned Oxo cubes I use.

TwoIfBySea Thu 13-Sep-12 12:55:43

Hmmn, sounds yum. Have just bought a slow cooker, have no idea what to cook in it though so this would be great - if only!

notgotanyanswers1 Thu 13-Sep-12 13:19:06

I love cooking and I'm always trying new stuff to try and tempt my families appetite, I cook for 3 generations every Sunday so I have to please everybody, so I would love to give them a go, anything that makes my life a little bit easier is always welcome

TheFutureMrsB Thu 13-Sep-12 14:34:35

Done, these do sounds fab! x

TheTempest Thu 13-Sep-12 16:30:21

Yes please, I love to cook but due to my living conditions at present I'm not cooking anything sad

Oooh I'd love to try these - Knorr Stock pots are fab so am always on the lookout for similar!

done, hope I'm picked would really like to compare them to knorr

Done. Interestingly enough I just picked up a pack of these in tesco today.

JugglingWithPossibilities Thu 13-Sep-12 18:27:50

Up for the challenge !

Think I'll do a veggie spag bol and a veggie cottage pie if selected.

poppy1973 Thu 13-Sep-12 18:35:39

I've added my name, smile

LadyInPink Thu 13-Sep-12 19:58:22

Sounds great, I hope i get to try smile

Laurarj84 Thu 13-Sep-12 20:08:52

Done!

J4D3 Thu 13-Sep-12 20:29:46

We're Oxo lovers in this house, probably bung at least 1 in most meals! Would be good to try an alternative. grin

I would love the opportunity to test these. I am an avid cook and pride myself on cooking homemade meals for my family. Good ingredients are very important to us. These sound fantastic as they use real meat juices. We grow our own fruit, veg and raise chickens for eggs. It is important my children understand food too.

Oh god, I've just realised. Shit, I applied for this but got Oxo and Bisto mixed up, told them I wanted to be Bisto Mum like the advert! grin guess I won't be picked!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Thu 13-Sep-12 20:44:57

dreams that's quite funny! Ha ha!

I've done the survey and would love to try them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now