Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Do you have fine or thinning hair? Try out the Invati haircare range from Aveda and win an Aveda hamper worth £77

(187 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 28-Aug-12 14:01:45

The folks at Aveda would like 30 Mumsnetters to try out the Invati haircare range. Here's what Aveda say about the product: "Some of the most powerful technologies exist in nature. With the Densiplex complex we found a botanically sourced solution for visibly thinning hair that harnesses the power of turmeric and ginseng, for thicker-fuller looking hair."

If you are selected you'll receive the Invati haircare range including Invati Exfoliating Shampoo (RRP £19.50), Invati Thickening Conditioner (RRP £21.50) and Invati Scalp Revitalizer (RRP £43.00). You'll then need to try out the 3-step system of products over the course of 8 weeks and add your feedback to a thread on Mumsnet.

This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters who have fine or thinning hair or hair that falls out a lot.

Everyone who is selected and adds their feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a hamper of the Stress-Fix Bodycare range worth £77.

If you'd like to try out the Invati haircare range, please sign up here

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Viperidae Tue 28-Aug-12 21:55:23

Please pick me! My hair is getting finer and thinner just when I need it to get lusher to take attention away from the rest of me getting older and fatter!

serendippity Tue 28-Aug-12 21:59:26

Done! would love to take part in this. Another afghan here tequila smile
pick me!
pick me!

Please, please choose me! My hair is so fine, no product yet has helped it - could this be the one?

sincitylover Tue 28-Aug-12 22:12:15

I have signed up - my hair falls out everywhere and is thinning. Plus I love Aveda products

SirBoobAlot Tue 28-Aug-12 22:12:19

Pleeeeease. My hair falls out so much, and seems to be getting worse. At 21, this really sucks.

2plus2 Tue 28-Aug-12 22:20:27

Like others I would really like to hear the feed back on this product if I don't get picked. I thought I was the only one who felt this way about thinning hair, didn't know I was in such good company grin

StaceeJaxx Tue 28-Aug-12 22:51:35

Me, me, me! I would love to try this. I used to have gorgeous thick curly hair. Then after having dd2 6 years ago, it started to fall out, and never stopped. sad It's awfully thin now, it doesn't help that it's dark so my white scalp shines through like a bright shiny moon. angry

LackaDAISYcal Tue 28-Aug-12 23:38:37

Done. I have lupus and my hair is so thin and brittle, and I shed hairs everywhere I go, much worse after a flare up and if I go out In the sun, so anything that can make me feel better about myself my hair can only be a good thing. Would love to try this.

KatieBMumsnet - I'm sorry to be a nuisance but I filled in the application form and as I clicked "send" an alert popped up on my screen. I didn't get your usual "Thank you. We'll be in touch" page so I'm not sure if you got my application or not. I know I could fill out another form but if you did get the other one it'll look like I'm cheating/trying to give myself an unfair advantage.

Is there any way that you could check please?

Thank you

PeazlyPops Wed 29-Aug-12 00:06:04

Done!

Really hoping that I'm selected for this. I've always had thin hair, but it's been falling out loads for the past few months.

My husband is sick of finding my hair everywhere, I'm sick of having to pull it out of the plug hole (I was disgusted to discover that it was my hair that was preventing the bath from draining!) and I even had to cut it off the bristles of the dyson!

MamaSara Wed 29-Aug-12 00:06:26

Hello, I filled out the form and then clicked on the survey button, but it just seemed to bring me back to the MN page. Haven't received any emails from you, so wondered if you could check if my details were received as I would really love to take part in this product test...boy, do I need it! Thanks!

mirai Wed 29-Aug-12 03:17:31

Done but I didn't get a 'thanks' page either?

BlackberryIce Wed 29-Aug-12 07:17:47

Oooh when do we know who has been picked?

GrasshopperNchipmunk Wed 29-Aug-12 07:23:10

Please help me I am malting sad

Beckamaw Wed 29-Aug-12 09:11:16

Ooooooh!
You know, if it was possible to have plastic surgery to replace drab, lank hair with thick lustrous locks, I'd be saving up furiously.
When I wake up in the morning I look like a dead person! sad

Corygal Wed 29-Aug-12 09:12:04

Yes please. I have baby-fine hair that drops out. And trich, wbich doesn't help.

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 29-Aug-12 09:16:44

Hi OldBagWantsNewBag , mirai and MamaSara don't worry we have your details, there isn't a 'thanks' page - when you've completed the form it will just redirect you to our product tests and surveys page.

BlackberryIce we'll be in touch with those selected next week.

Good luck smile

alisonsmum Wed 29-Aug-12 09:48:28

just completed the form too, my hair too falls out loads. Especially since having my children

Hi KatieBMumsnet

Thank you for checking! smile

MyLittleMiracles Wed 29-Aug-12 11:45:51

Done, PLEASE PICK ME <prays, my hair needs help!!!>

sparklystar Wed 29-Aug-12 13:00:15

Done (crosses fingers hopefully)

WilfSell Wed 29-Aug-12 13:18:54

While we're all here... You know that eyelash stuff that supposedly works really well to help eyelashes stay put and grow stronger (I have some but I always forget to do it consistently so haven't seen any results yet - and btw my eyelashes and brows have suffered too with the thyroid related hairloss)

Well, why can't we have that for our heads? Does anyone know? Or are the hair follicles different somehow? Perhaps it would just be too prohibitive in price?

I'd definitely like to know a bit more about the science behind the Aveda products - perhaps someone will be coming on MN to tell us more?

Lizzzombie Wed 29-Aug-12 13:48:02

Please pick me. My hair is falling out at the rate of knots (pardon the pun) & I can't work out why.

Ugh.

I mussed up in the PickMePickMe box.

Please would you check that I'm all fully entered.

Tvym.

smile

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 29-Aug-12 16:24:31

Hi Chaos I've only got half a sentence in your Pick Me box. You can PM me what you'd like to say and I'll add it in for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now