This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW FINISHED: LEICESTER (Lutterworth and surrounding areas) Mumsnetters with DDs aged 10-14 needed for George at Asda focus group - Wed 24th Nov

(21 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 03-Nov-10 16:20:47

George at Asda have asked us to find Mumsnetters willing to take part in some focus group research about present and future ranges of girls' underwear and clothing. You need to have at least one DD aged 10-14 to take part.

There will be two focus groups:

Leeds NOW FULL (a 5-10 minute walk from Leeds station)
~ On Tuesday 23rd November
~ 12.00pm - 1.30pm followed by lunch
~ In Asda House, Leeds
~ Sorry, no children

Leicester ONE OR TWO SPACES AVAILABLE (this will vary on numbers but if requested and if needed, a private bus service can be arranged, where you will be collected from Fosse Park Asda (off junction 21, M1) at 10am)
~ On Wednesday 24th November
~ From 11am - 12.30pm followed by lunch
~ In George House, Lutterworth
~ Sorry, no children

If you are selected to attend, George would like you to bring along a typical outfit your DD wears which will be discussed (in terms of what you like your DD to wear and what she likes to wear!).

Everyone who is selected and turns up on the day, will be given £30 cash as a thank you for taking part, as well as up to £50 towards travel expenses (receipts needed).

We're looking for a mixture of George at Asda shoppers as well as non-George shoppers. Please note McCallum Layton - an external research agency - will be moderating both groups and some members of staff from George will be sitting in both groups - though they will only be observing and not participating in the discussion. The discussions will be recorded, but this is purely for internal use and not for broadcast.

If you're able and willing to attend please add your details here and we will be in touch. By volunteering to take part in these discussion groups you are agreeing to keep all information and discussions completely confidential.

Thanks
MNHQ

TheBountyMuncher Wed 03-Nov-10 18:05:09

Oh bum, I'm in Leicester and have an 11 year old DD, but DS doesn't go to nursery on wednesdays- typical! sad

SlightlyMadSpook Wed 03-Nov-10 21:22:01

Arse...by DDs are only 9!

And I can get to one of those at that time!

But they are tall for their age...and I do buy George for them ;)

NotanOtter Wed 03-Nov-10 22:22:18

My daughter is older (16 last month) but had puberty issues and we became experts on inappropriate undies for young girls. I know exactly where to buy an inappropriately padded bra for a 10 year old ! I can come to the Leeds one if you want to buy me lunch grin

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 04-Nov-10 12:08:25

SlightlyMadSpook - do fill in the form and we'll ask Asda is it is ok (tick 'have daughters aged 6-9 at Q6) thanks

DurhamDurham Thu 04-Nov-10 18:36:09

I'd love to do this but I'm in Durham, do you think the £50 wuld cover a return train fare? With 2 teenage girls I've planty to say!!

littleducks Thu 04-Nov-10 20:00:58

I dont have a teenager but would beg ASDA to consider less skimpy girls pants as an addition to their range

When i potty trained dd i put her in boys briefs as they were far better quality and provided better coverage, were softer cotton and elastic and had no itchy 'lace' edging

Then as she got bigger I have started to have to buy either buy pants from Baby Gap, Boden, Petit Bateau (££££££ shock) or short/boxer style ones from H&M or Lidl

There as so frequently threads on here complaining about girls knickers

DurhamDurham Thu 04-Nov-10 21:29:22

...or plenty to say (which makes much more sense!!)

foofi Sun 07-Nov-10 18:43:17

If they did this down south I would go!

Done.

My DD wants less pink!

Berk Mon 08-Nov-10 16:14:10

Am surprised there is not more interest in this considering the complaints we all generally make. (My dd is a baby still)

DurhamDurham Mon 08-Nov-10 16:43:57

When do we find out if we've been chosen...I mean that's my day off and if I'm not needed to change the face of fashion for teenage girls I've got stuff to do grin

colditz Thu 11-Nov-10 17:59:40

It's because it's for older girls.

People with pre teen and teenaged daughters accept that the clotheing will be 'funkier' than they would like, but the children have to have some say in what they wear or they simply will not wear it.

People with 7 and 8 year olds need to be asked.

lucykate Thu 11-Nov-10 22:44:54

i would be interested but dd is 8, but a big 8 and wears size 10/11 clothing, am 1/2 hr away from leicester.

LeQueen Mon 15-Nov-10 14:57:33

Am happy to do the Leicester one, am 30 mins from Fosse Park.

DD1 is nearly 8, but very tall and wears age 9-10 clothes. DD2 is nearly 7 and also very tall so wears age 8-9 clothes.

Have bought clothes from George and have plenty to say on the matter (both positive and negative).

grumpypants Mon 15-Nov-10 18:02:39

When are you coming to Kent!

SueW Wed 17-Nov-10 09:05:26

How irresponsible of Asda/their market researchers to expect parents to take their children out of school to do this

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-Nov-10 09:53:32

SueW - no children are attending, it is Mums only.

lucykate Wed 24-Nov-10 23:03:57

well, i went! it was good, very interesting. plus i am now educated thanks to the mums of older girls in the art of bra's for when dd gets to that stage grin

LeQueen Thu 25-Nov-10 10:51:58

Yes, it was really interesting, let's hope we've given George some food for thought hmm

lucykate Thu 25-Nov-10 12:48:12

i tried to show dh those sequined shorts, but couldn't find them on their website!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now