I would like LYRA please so I can shorten my name.

(11 Posts)
LyraB Sat 23-Jun-07 11:46:52

Yes, quite like LyraB. I'll try it on for a while and see how I get on.

Twinklemegan Sat 23-Jun-07 11:37:42

LyraB?

Twinklemegan Sat 23-Jun-07 11:30:57

Lyrabel?

lyrabelacqua Sat 23-Jun-07 11:29:13

I did try to change to Lyra but someone's already got it. I haven't seen another Lyra about though so maybe it's someone who doesn't come on MN anymore. I have seen a Lyra41, which could lead to confusion.
I want to shorten it because the Belacqua bit is a bit of a mouthful.
Oggs, if you want to change your name, try being oggsfrogaka[insertnewnamehere] for a while then after a few weeks drop the first bit. What does your name mean btw?

oggsfrog Sat 23-Jun-07 01:16:55

Truth be told I have a dilemma with my name.....

I found out the other night that there is already an "oooggs" who has been posting for 3 years.

We've never actually met and therefore we must frequent totally different thread types.

Is it wrong of me to want to keep the only name I've ever identified with ???????

I can't see how it will cause a problem if we are so different in personalities. I honestly can't see people getting us mixed up.

What do you think?

<abject horror> Should I surrender my name??

Twinklemegan Sat 23-Jun-07 00:47:56

Mind you, I took Twinkle so no one else would as I'd be mighty peeved if people thought someone else was me. So you might want to nab Lyra just so no one else can have it.

oggsfrog Sat 23-Jun-07 00:45:51

Agree with Twinkle.

Twinklemegan Sat 23-Jun-07 00:34:23

The general consensus is that if you start posting with your shortened nickname you'll confuse people and they won't recognise you. Someone clever explained that people shorten your name out of friendliness. If you do it for them it stumps them a bit. I haven't used Twinkle yet for this reason(and probably won't actually). So I wouldn't worry if the name's gone.

oggsfrog Sat 23-Jun-07 00:31:34

You'll always be Lyra anyway

Have you tried for it and can't get it?

Califrau Sat 23-Jun-07 00:25:16

not sure the auctions are still open. Have you tried to see if Lyra is available? If yes then I would click on the exclamation mark to report your own post and see what they say. Otherwise, if someone already has it then you're stuck with the whole lot!

lyrabelacqua Fri 22-Jun-07 19:42:00

Haven't been on this before so not sure how it works. Can anyone enlighten me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now