WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

Live webchat with Magnus Scheving aka Sportacus

(216 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 17-Jun-10 11:44:37

We're very excited to announce that next Tuesday 22nd June between 1 and 2pm , we'll be joined by Magnus Scheving, otherwise known as Sportacus from Lazytown.

As well as being creator, writer, director and star of LazyTown, Magnus is also a world-class athlete, former iclandic Athlete of the Year, entrepreneur, writer and producer - phew... So if you want to ask him what life's like being a super-hero and whether Robbie really is that rotten, join us next Tuesday. If you're not around, feel free to post questions to Magnus in advance on this thread.

can you really do those backflips from a standing start?

going Thu 17-Jun-10 12:14:05

My six year old is obsessed with exercising at the moment. TV and pushing healthy living at school have been her biggest influences. I am a bit worried that she is going to take the obession too far - how do I know when it's becomming unhealthy?

bruxeur Thu 17-Jun-10 12:15:31

Awesome tash, Sportacus - waxed or oiled?

Flighttattendant Thu 17-Jun-10 12:25:50

Hello, Magnus.

<faints and hopes for dramatic rescuing action>

<recovers on realising he is a bit busy>

Can I just say, thankyou for such a wonderful programme. We all love it here - both my sons and myself and, well, my mother blush

You are a truly beautiful man. smile

<faints again, by accident this time>

sethstarkaddersmum Thu 17-Jun-10 12:28:32

My 5 year old recently asked what was the most important thing in the world and my husband replied 'Love and courage'. My daughter then added, 'And vegetables!'
So, Magnus - what is the most important thing in the world: love, courage, or vegetables?

whoopstheregoesmymerkin Thu 17-Jun-10 12:46:16

We waould really, really like a you to produce a Lazy Town style fitness DVD for parents and kids please!
Could you sort it? Thank you

cyteen Thu 17-Jun-10 12:47:58

No questions, but I look forward to the inevitable melee of pervery

NorkyButNice Thu 17-Jun-10 12:48:33

Coooooor.

Could we make it a video chat with Magnus demonstrating some of his gymnastics workout?

(hormonal pregnant lady here - apologies).

More seriously - how did you go from being a sportsman to producing and starring in a childrens TV show?

MayorNaze Thu 17-Jun-10 12:50:05

OMG grin

i have to say i only watch lazy town for your fantastic gymnastics - please tell me it is all you and not a stunt double - do you choreograph the tumbling as well?

and also is stephanie really about 30 in real life hmm ?

thank you

why does lazytown have the beautiful people and the ugly puppets
poor puppets

YunoYurbubson Thu 17-Jun-10 13:03:24

[Pervy grin]

grin

<Links arms with Cyteen>

You are a great role model and encourage children to be fit and healthy now but who or what encouraged you as a child?

Hulababy Thu 17-Jun-10 13:21:17

I work in a class of 5/6 year olds and Lazy Town is still popular amongst them.

What would you message be to Class 6 (and other Y1 children) with regards to them eating healthir and getting more freshair and exercise?

MollieO Thu 17-Jun-10 13:44:25

Could you set up a webcam for this one please? grin

expatinscotland Thu 17-Jun-10 13:45:37

So, Magnus, are you single?

MollieO Thu 17-Jun-10 13:49:13

Even if he is expat you're not, but I am!!!

<<elbows expat out the way>>

I'd like the webcam to but am wondering what I can suggest my DH does to be able to do all that you can? I'm mostly impressed with the back flips etc and the outfit!! grin

QualityTime Thu 17-Jun-10 13:58:31

While I really admire what you have achieved and think the show is a great idea, why is there not more mention of a balanced diet? If all Sportacus ate was fruit + veg (which he plays with far too much for my liking, ew, bruises!) he would not be very healthy.
Do you ever mention theimportance of protein/carbs /high energy foods, especially considering this is children we are talking about, not obese adults.

theagedparent Thu 17-Jun-10 14:06:04

How on earth do you manage to sleep in such a bright room and with no pillow??

cyteen Thu 17-Jun-10 14:12:02

Would you consider a late night Sportacus special where he hits the bars and ends up bonding with Robbie Rotten over tequila?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SwansEatQuince Thu 17-Jun-10 14:33:26

<overcome with lust emotion>

I think he is a Grandfather, expat.

Sporticus - how can I become fit like you? Where do the lost causes begin without, say, having a heart attack?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SagacityNell Thu 17-Jun-10 14:46:32

DO you not think it healthier in the long run for children to learn the importance of a balanced diet? And that exercise is not all about "timed sessions" ie football or after school pentathlete. THat walking is exercise as is playing in the garden......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now