MN WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus a follow-up question if appropriate, ie once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't be disappointed if your specific question doesn't get answered and do try not to keep posting "What about me?". 4. Do be civil/polite. See guidelines in full here.

Yvette Cooper - secretary of state for work and pensions - live on Mumsnet this Tues, 27 April, 2-3pm

(101 Posts)
GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Apr-10 16:32:48

Yvette Cooper is secretary of state for work and pensions, and has been Labour MP for Pontefract, Castleford and Knottingley since 1997.

She's coming to Mumsnet to talk about Labour's family policies tomorrow from 2-3pm.

Yvette was born in Inverness in 1969. She's married to Ed Balls, secretary of state for children, schools and families, and they have three children (two daughters and one son).

Feel free to post your questions here and join us tomorrow (and please read our webchat guidelines).

Thanks.

PinkoLiberal Wed 28-Apr-10 10:01:22

And ye MAdwoman exactly

I've finsihed Uni, I don't need to know what I can claim thanks, I just would prefer a more sensible situation for anyone following after me.

I know you can't claim CA in the summer hols, that is the problem frankly. Student with no money = get a job; student carer with no money = fucked

But of course why would we help anyone lift themselves out anyway eh?
When a report I used in my last essay using stats from about 6 yeras ago showed a carer easily saves the government around £1k a week vby being stuck at home
<annoyed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now