MN WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus a follow-up question if appropriate, ie once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't be disappointed if your specific question doesn't get answered and do try not to keep posting "What about me?". 4. Do be civil/polite. See guidelines in full here.

Gordon Brown on Mumsnet this Friday (16th October) lunchtime between 1-2 pm

(1058 Posts)
JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 15-Oct-09 13:21:13

We're delighted to announce that the Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, will be logging on to Mumsnet for a live webchat on Friday (tomorrow) lunchtime from 1 to 2. The PM is ready to answer Mumsnetters' questions on a wide-range of policy issues from the economy to education and from childcare to climate change.

As you know we're not great ones for rule books here at MNHQ, but we'd like this to be as useful and enlightening an event as it can be, for all involved. We aren't going to pre-moderate or pre-select questions - the format will be as per usual - but given the likely popularity of this webchat, the sheer number of you all and our past experience of trying to fit everything in, we've come up with a few ground rules which we'd be very grateful if you'd follow.

Guidelines for MN webchat with PM

1. To allow as many folks as possible to be involved, please restrict your questions to one per member plus a follow up question if appropriate, i.e. once you've had a response. (NB don't even think about name changing to ask another, we'll be watching!).

2. Please keep your question reasonably brief (we'll not doing a word count but it will increase your chance of getting an answer, we suspect, if you don't bang on for paragraphs)

3. It's highly unlikely he'll be able to answer everyone's question but we'll make every effort to bring common themes to his attention. Please don't be too disappointed if your specific question doesn't get answered and do try not to keep posting "What about me?". He can't answer them all and he is the PM after all - so has a quite few time constraints.

4. Obviously you're free to voice your opinion but do be civil/polite - the PM is our guest on Mumsnet so, whatever your politics, please afford him the same cordiality you would if he stopped by your own house.

Many thanks - feel free to put your question up in advance if you can't make the live chat on Friday lunchtime.

Monkeytrousers Tue 17-Nov-09 11:18:51

oh, i missed him. Did yous treat him well?

GordonBrownsTeaLady Tue 20-Oct-09 10:28:03

ah yes paris. just north of lancaster. brilliant.

MonstrousMerryHenry Mon 19-Oct-09 23:52:44

<<deluge of pity>>

oops, hope I didn't drown you.

I thought you went to Paris t'other day? wink

I shall bring you back some churros. Not sure if we're allowed to bring food back from Europe, but I'll try and smuggle something by disguising it as my baby bump.

MadameDigestive Mon 19-Oct-09 23:52:27

blush grin

GordonBrownsTeaLady Mon 19-Oct-09 23:51:25

Lovely MadameDigestive, you look divine.

GordonBrownsTeaLady Mon 19-Oct-09 23:50:39

i have no idea. haven't been on holiday for years. <pity me emoticon>

MonstrousMerryHenry Mon 19-Oct-09 23:40:48

Great idea, Aitch. Will do.

AitchTwoToTangOh Mon 19-Oct-09 23:37:37

where are you going, start a thread, we can help. mners found me a great apartment, fab price in rome for a week, think it only came to about 300 quid. but that was before the euro went bananas right enough.

MadameDigestive Mon 19-Oct-09 23:30:34

and just for GBTL, you likey new name?

MonstrousMerryHenry Mon 19-Oct-09 23:25:21

Changing the subject back to me! grin, do you think £600 on a 1 bed holiday apartment is expensive? My eyes are spinning and my head is going blue. I've had enough of searching for cheap places to stay.

GordonBrownsTeaLady Mon 19-Oct-09 23:23:04

I'm fine.

Biscuitgate is all very silly.

But most amusing.

AitchTwoToTangOh Mon 19-Oct-09 23:22:58

rofl, that is great. grin and they do look nice.

MonstrousMerryHenry Mon 19-Oct-09 23:20:31

Sorry, have been off the ball since Gordon clearly found himself thrown off-balance by my incisive questioning. My wit has been suffering.

Am in the middle of booking a holiday so can't really do much posting - am just looking for some light relief so came onto MN for a 10 min break.

How's you?

Oh, and does anyone actually know why Gordy was so coy about his biscuiting habits? Rather abnormal, isn't it? And funny how all the other leaders are rushing to cash in on his embarassment - is this becoming his 'I smoked but never inhaled'?

Ooooooh! pleasy pleasy pleasy!

Good on Gordon!

And I hope Biscuitgate makes up in some small way for having been so shouty eloquent about the whole DM thing...

GordonBrownsTeaLady Mon 19-Oct-09 23:17:33

I was kind of hoping there would be a glut of biscuitgate namechanges.

It seems i am alone. sad

MonstrousMerryHenry Mon 19-Oct-09 23:16:05

Ooh, you're looking gorgeous tonight, darlin'. Fancy a cuppa tea and a bourbon biscuit in the Cabinet meeting room (fnar fnar)?

GordonBrownsTeaLady Mon 19-Oct-09 23:14:44

Hello MMH. DB here. <twirls>

MonstrousMerryHenry Mon 19-Oct-09 23:12:31

Gopping, are you related to Gordon, perchance?

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Oct-09 22:18:21

Yes Madame Defarge should have some, shouldn't she? Think there's still one tube left blush. (Will you contact us with your address if you'd like some MD? They're rather good.)

Roffle.

grin

They look niiiiiice. [salivating]

GordonBrownsTeaLady Mon 19-Oct-09 18:58:39

er, are you going to eat them all?

can't madamedefarge get a packet?

GordonBrownsTeaLady Mon 19-Oct-09 18:52:30

Oh that's lovely.

It appears biscuitgate is a good thing for all.

GoppingOtter Mon 19-Oct-09 17:19:32

i love gordon

VulpusinaWilfsuit Mon 19-Oct-09 16:29:06

hahahahaha.

SO very alarming that there are 10 Downing St branded biscuits though grinshock

I do hope they didn't get em knocked up specially?!

sfxmum Mon 19-Oct-09 16:26:33

Blimey won't this escalate matters?

are you giving them away to a worthy coffee morning?
grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now