MN WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus a follow-up question if appropriate, ie once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't be disappointed if your specific question doesn't get answered and do try not to keep posting "What about me?". 4. Do be civil/polite. See guidelines in full here.

Live webchat with Celebrity TV chef Lesley Waters Weds 13th May 1-2pm -questions on fussy eaters, nutrition and recipe tips welcome

(83 Posts)
carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 11-May-09 12:41:18

Hi all

Lesley Waters will be joining us on Wednesday, 13th May between 1-2pm for a live chat.

A mum of two and team member on Ready, Steady, Cook and This Morning, Lesley has first hand experience when it comes to children's eating habits and is happy to answer questions about fussy eaters. She's also keen on inspiring children to cook and presented TV show 'Little Chefs'.

Currently, Lesley's taking her knowledge and passion for children's nutrition to parents across the UK, by hosting the first ever cook-a-long for parents on the web.

The first in a series of online master classes from well-known names in the world of cookery, art, and entertainment, Lesley has created three fun cook-a-long recipes, encouraging children to enjoy themselves in the kitchen, get their hands messy and learn about cooking healthy, nutritious meals and the benefits of a healthy diet. Designed to suit three different age groups, 4-6yrs, 7-9yrs, and 10-12yrs, Haliborange Shiny School gives parents ideas and tips on how to have fun and learn something new as a family whilst providing nutritional advice. You can see the online classes here www.shinyschool.co.uk

As always, if you can't make it on Weds, feel free to post advance questions here. Otherwise we'll see you Weds lunchtime.

Amapoleon Wed 13-May-09 15:04:06

Thanks for the recipe! smile

ilovesprouts Wed 13-May-09 15:07:14

me too very nice lady

grandmabet Wed 13-May-09 16:30:38

I can't find the receipt for the scrummy lemon and poppyseed muffins?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-May-09 16:42:34

grandmabet: it's posted earlier in the thread by Lesley at 14.26.33

MARGOsBeenDrinkingTea Wed 13-May-09 19:31:44

OOOOO Lesley, come back soon please!

squilly Wed 13-May-09 20:18:11

Thanks Lesley. Much appreciated.

grandmabet Thu 14-May-09 08:16:31

Thanks Helen

CMOTdibbler Thu 14-May-09 21:04:08

I had to go yesterday, but if Lesley is in contact, I was talking to someone who reliably informed me that the issue with gf pastry is that the flour can't take up water - you need to blend the flour with egg white to coat it, then rub in the fat, then add water. I can't vouch for this yet, apart from all of their gf baking being exquisite

Polenta cake looks divine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now