WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

Live webchat with Jacqueline Wilson, Tues 10 March, 9-10pm

(175 Posts)
GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 05-Mar-09 12:40:48

We've very chuffed that award-winning author Jacqueline Wilson is joining us for a live webchat on Tuesday 10 March, 9-10pm. Jacqueline needs little introduction - with sales of over 25 million books, she's a massively successful author, up there with JK Rowling and Dan Brown. Her latest book, My Secret Diary, is the sequel to Jacky Daydream and includes excerpts from her own teenage diary. If you've can't join us but have questions for Jacqueline, please post your questions here. Ditto if you want to post on behalf of your children. She'll aim to get through as many as possible before the chat.

childminder90210 Tue 10-Mar-09 22:11:20

Hi jacqueline, my daughter is just starting to get into your boooks and loves them, we both like Mum Minder as I am a childminder and its very good. I think we w ill end up with your whole collection I too like to read them

Bigpants1 Tue 10-Mar-09 22:11:46

hey i click off it by mestake

Mercy Tue 10-Mar-09 22:12:30

I can't believe I missed this shock

I just wanted to say that Double Trouble was the first 'long' book my dd read alone at 6½ ish. It gave her the confidence to read longer chapter books. She's even finally got into Tracey Beaker! (she was scared of a rebellious character until recently, she's nearly 8 now. I'm sure you know why that is)

On a different note, I really admire your very individual look.

JacquelineWilson Tue 10-Mar-09 22:12:51

Dear emmybel, I was SO thrilled with Dustbin Baby, I couldn't have wished for a better tv adaptation. It's out on dvd now, apparently. I think Lola Rose might make a great film.

PinkFairyDust Tue 10-Mar-09 22:14:00

Nick Sharratts illustrations are amazing - and whenever i see them i think of your books - they go hand in hand!

Bigpants1 Tue 10-Mar-09 22:14:24

hello everyonee, ihss thu chat still on or has it finished now? xx

JacquelineWilson Tue 10-Mar-09 22:15:20

Hi noonki, I'm so touched your stepson read my books in the privacy of his own room, good for him. The Illustrated Mum is my own personal favourite and I loved the tv film starring Michelle Collins.

abouteve Tue 10-Mar-09 22:15:43

DD is sat with me now and she agrees that 'Lola Rose' would make a fantastic film.

All her friends loved 'Vicky Angel' when they were younger.

foxinsocks Tue 10-Mar-09 22:16:13

Yes, it is lovely. Hampton Court one of our favourite places too. My children love all the formal gardens and the statues. It's a perfect place for a good imagination I think!

snice Tue 10-Mar-09 22:17:04

Hello
If you're still reading could I second the suggestion of an age rating for your books.

I have regular rows with my 7 year old daughter in the library over borrowing some of your titles that I think are too old for her and usually end up having to speed read them before making a decision.

Am happy for her to read them when she's a little older but I feel some of the themes are too much for her even though she is a voracious(sp?) reader.

JacquelineWilson Tue 10-Mar-09 22:17:50

Hi toffeepopple, I'm glad your son enjoyed Mark Spark in the Dark. He might also like Mr Cool, and My Brother Bernadette. The Dinosaur's Packed Lunch is another...don't be deterred by the fairies!

snice Tue 10-Mar-09 22:18:08

Thats not how you spell it is it blush

Toffeepopple Tue 10-Mar-09 22:20:03

Thank you so much. I shall pass on your suggestions.

He'll be very excited to know the author herself has made them - how's that for reward after you've read your first ever chapter book from school!

Bigpants1 Tue 10-Mar-09 22:20:29

doo doo (random mesge)

JacquelineWilson Tue 10-Mar-09 22:23:36

Dear Geraldine and all you posters - it's been a pleasure, thank you for so many kind messages and interesting comments. Time for a glass of wine! Very best wishes, Jacqueline.

pointydog Tue 10-Mar-09 22:23:37

oh lola rose! I think that's the story cd we were listening to in the car while going on holiday and I had to stop it (domestic violence?). I was close to tears the whole time. I was developing a permanent sore throat and puffy eyes. The dds had to listen to it in their bedroom.

Some of teh emotion in your books is so hard-hitting, JW. And I don't mean that as a criticism.

Bigpants1 Tue 10-Mar-09 22:24:06

megan you tatail telling idiot

pointydog Tue 10-Mar-09 22:25:26

Last year, a reading group of mine read Buried Alive. AFter initial reservation, the boys enjoyed it just as much as the girls. It was great.

Bigpants1 Tue 10-Mar-09 22:25:44

Hello, my name is Megan, if you are reading the strangest comments it is because my younger brother and sister are on my mums username lol x we have such a big family, eight of us altogether, two with autism have you ever wrtten any stories about big families x love megan

magsnags Tue 10-Mar-09 22:26:47

Thankyou for taking the time to respond.
Look after yourself
XX

UnquietDad Tue 10-Mar-09 22:38:21

Thanks to JW and blush at getting her title wrong.

fryalot Tue 10-Mar-09 22:39:34

Jacqueline, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to previously posted questions.

I shall pass on your answer to dd1's question when she gets up in the morning.

Fab webchat, thoroughly enjoyed reading JW's comments.

What a nice lady grin

Dozymare Wed 11-Mar-09 07:22:56

Thank you so much for answering my question and that of other posters. Has been a really interesting thread and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your answers! Cheers

KingRolo Wed 11-Mar-09 09:22:51

Thanks for answering my tricky question Jacqueline! This has been a great thread, I've enjoyed reading all the questions and responses.

More like this please MN!

SimpleAsABC Wed 11-Mar-09 18:43:10

I really enjoyed it too! Nice work mn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now