WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

Dr Michael Mosley and Peta Bee: Live webchat - Monday 13 January, midday - 1pm.

(78 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Jan-14 14:12:09

Dr Michael Mosley and co-author of Fast Exercise, Peta Bee are joining us on Monday 13 January to talk us through the practice and benefits of high intensity training.

In their book Fast Exercise, Dr Michael Mosley, a reluctant exerciser, and super-fit health journalist Peta Bee show how to safely do High Intensity Training and get the benefits – whatever your fitness level. Drawing on cutting edge research they show why high intensity training can be more effective than much longer periods of low-impact exercise. They also offer a range of workouts, of varying intensity – there is something here for everyone. As this fascinating book demonstrates, when it comes to exercise, less can be more.

Join the webchat on Monday at midday or post a question in advance to this thread.

Thank you smile

Pippinlongsocks Mon 13-Jan-14 15:14:28

What do you define as enough rest in between work outs. I walk/run around 15k per week plus go to the gym on the other days. I have got into a habit of exercising every day in some form, making my rest day as having a walk at a fast pace. I am getting over a virus and my legs in particular feel like lead but I don't like resting and getting out of the habit of exercising as I love the benefits both physically and mentally but I fear I may have over done things. Can you advise on appropriate rest intervals please.

Redbushytea Mon 13-Jan-14 15:51:10

"Your brain is quite good at protecting you from doing something stupid" - very funny, Mr Mosley. grin

Loved your inspirational answers, ta very much. Will deffo get the book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now