WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

GOK WAN: Live Webchat - Friday 11 October, 1.45-2.45pm

(523 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 09-Oct-13 14:41:01

We'll still be sweeping up the biscuit crumbs left from the Jennifer Saunders webchat as we prepare for the return of Gok Wan to Mumsnet Towers on Friday 11 October at 1.45pm. Since his last visit in Summer 2010, Gok has produced 2 cookery books and his latest, Gok's Wok is published this week.

Gok shares many of his family's traditional recipes but gives them a modern twist as he teaches us how to cook, simple, fast meals with flavour and a splash of Gok originality. Chapters cover all occasions from lunches to dinner parties and include curries, stir-fries, noodles, salads, soups and desserts.

Join Gok on Friday at 1.45pm or post a question to him in advance to this thead and you'll be entered into a draw to win a SIGNED copy of Gok's Wok.

We have also teamed up with Gok and Sainsbury's to host a live cookalong on Google+. On Wednesday 16 October at 7pm Gok will be making two super-delicious dishes from his new book and he'd love you to join him in cooking them. Find out more here.

Thanks mardy.

ouch, you can't police what people post - you like spanx, fine. Some of us don't. It's a legitimate point of view too.

ouchmyfanjo Fri 11-Oct-13 14:27:26

Post not thread grin

midwifeandmum Fri 11-Oct-13 14:27:31

I still love u Gok lol mwah mwah. But dont think u have enough Gok magic for me dolly

GokWan Fri 11-Oct-13 14:28:02

ZingWantsCake

hi Girlfriend,

can you tell me what your last meal would be?

smile

Hi Again,

My last meal would definitely be poppa wan's prawn dumpling noodles! Shared with Poppa Wan of course!

x

nethunsreject Fri 11-Oct-13 14:30:33

Hi Gok
I'd love it if you really did attempt to help women feel good about themselves without squeezing into uncomfortable 'foundation garments' and wearing uncomfortable shoes. I find it very depressing sad. Such a narrow definition of beauty and such a shame that focussing on beauty should make us feel good over and above all other aspects of ourselves.

MardyBra Fri 11-Oct-13 14:30:45

Is anyone else constantly refreshing to see hully's posts before they get deleted?

RowanMumsnet It would be nice if Gok actually answered the questions that have been asked. It is all very well very well saying one question and then one follow up once the question has been answered, but is he actually going to answer?

Svaed them in another tab, Mards. wink

MinnieBar Fri 11-Oct-13 14:31:51

This is all getting rather surreal now.

ShadeofViolet Fri 11-Oct-13 14:32:05

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

<<wonders if HQ have got the gin out yet>>

MardyBra Fri 11-Oct-13 14:32:31

I'm such an amateur Chaos.

Hi Gok,

Would you ever think of coming over to Ireland and helping us with our fashion finds?

Thanks.

ZingDollyChops Fri 11-Oct-13 14:32:57

thanks for answering me Gok darling, that dumpling sounds lovely!

I do like your shows and I like you! let me know when you want to come round, Saturdays are best for me!

mwah!

MardyBra Fri 11-Oct-13 14:34:09

Love the user name Zing. Maybe we could all adopt Gok Style monikers.

I could be MardyPushUpYerTitsTillTheyHurtBra.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-Oct-13 14:34:41

JemimaMuddledUp

RowanMumsnet It would be nice if Gok actually answered the questions that have been asked. It is all very well very well saying one question and then one follow up once the question has been answered, but is he actually going to answer?

Well to be fair, it's a lot easier for guests to find and answer questions when the thread isn't full of people posting multiply - that's one of the reasons we include that in webchat guidelines.

MarmaladeBatkins Fri 11-Oct-13 14:34:43

50 minutes and only 12 questions answered.

Such a shame. sad

VelvetStrider Fri 11-Oct-13 14:34:53

Maybe they should have specified in the OP that only lighthearted food-based questions should be asked!

<oh the irony if Hully wins the signed book!> grin

EstoyAqui Fri 11-Oct-13 14:35:57

Gok, do you advocate surgery to improve women's bodies or is that just a step too far from Spanx and heels? Where do you draw the line with needing to improve?

I didn't know we weren't allowed to post multiple times - I thought we were just restricted in the number of questions.

Sorry about that.

GokWan Fri 11-Oct-13 14:36:42

midwifeandmum

I see many womens bodies each day (sounds quite funny) as a midwife i never find any womans body horrible, just my own. Nothing a bit of nip and tuck wont fix when ibwin the lottery (hides head incase it gets slapped by evetyone) lol x

Hey Love,

Being a midwife you will see everyday the beauty of the body and the incredible things it does. I do believe that every body is beautiful but I also know how difficult it can be to see the beauty in ourselves. But, having been both obese and anorexic I know what really needs to change is not our waist lines but our minds.

Strength comes from believing in yourself.... it can happen. You must just trust what you see and how you feel.

It's not easy... It has taken me a long time to accept what I see in the mirror and some days are harder than others.

I hope it may help to know you're not on your own.

X

My question was the first on the thread. It really wasn't that hard to find.

It was a perfectly sensible question too. Never mind.

midwifeandmum Fri 11-Oct-13 14:36:43

Sorry for writing multiple posts, my bad. I have asked 2 questions which were the same. Need that memory book Hully lol

MinnieBar Fri 11-Oct-13 14:36:49

GOK!

Genuine question - have you seen that website that celebrates real, un-photoshopped pictures of women's bodies post-birth? (Can't remember the name, sorry). And if so what do you think of it/of the concept?

MartyrStewart Fri 11-Oct-13 14:36:49

Hi Gok smile

Would you ever consider helping women feel good about themselves in a way that doesn't squeeze them into a pre-defined image of what they should look like?

Or do people who see stretch marks and fat stomachs as normal after child birth not make good telly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now