MN WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus a follow-up question if appropriate, ie once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't be disappointed if your specific question doesn't get answered and do try not to keep posting "What about me?". 4. Do be civil/polite. See guidelines in full here.

Jennifer Saunders: Live webchat, Thursday 10 October, 12.15-1.15pm

(174 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 07-Oct-13 17:30:18

Jennifer Saunders is joining us this Thursday (10 October) between 12.15 and 1.15 pm to tell us about her memoir: Bonkers, My Life in Laughs.

Jennifer has been making us laugh since the early 80's; from Comic Strip through to French and Saunders, to the universally acclaimed Ab Fab with plenty of hilarious sketches thrown in (remember Comic Relief's take on Mama Mia?). We're delighted that we've been allowed access to some of the fabulous pics from the book which you can now see in our Gallery: The Many Faces of Jennifer Saunders.

Join us at 12.15 on Thursday to speak to Jennifer LIVE or if you're unable to make that time, post a question to her in advance on this thread.

<channels Monty Python>

Sparklingbrook Sun 13-Oct-13 22:35:33

Ooh my two love a Spam Fritter still. grin

I meant the tinned stuff.

Sparklingbrook Sun 13-Oct-13 22:34:12

It's usually automated and loads of threads get the same ad-I think it was about earning some extra $$$$s or something.

Spam. What was that all about?

Sparklingbrook Sun 13-Oct-13 22:26:53

I really wish the deletion message would differentiate between vileness and spam.

Sparklingbrook Sun 13-Oct-13 22:26:22

Spambot Exit. Twice!

What can someone have posted that would be deleted?

<shocked>

Sierra753 Sun 13-Oct-13 10:04:33

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Sierra753 Sun 13-Oct-13 10:04:26

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Madlizzy Thu 10-Oct-13 21:41:27

I got a question answered :D I'm chuffed, cos that sort of thing never happens for me.

SandWitch Thu 10-Oct-13 19:43:56

Didn't answer my question, or even wish me happy birthday hmm

Not the lovely end that I might have hoped for to what has been a piss poor day.

Ignore me, feeling sorry for myself.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Oct-13 18:05:33

You can now read the FULL ARCHIVED webchat along with EXCLUSIVE VIDEO FOOTAGE of Jennifer at MNHQ here:

Jennifer Saunders webchat

Rachelpeglerartistwifenmummy24 Thu 10-Oct-13 17:07:30

Oh crap!! i just noticed the date ........ duh missed that then :0/

Rachelpeglerartistwifenmummy24 Thu 10-Oct-13 17:06:11

Ah i also forgot to mention that i record my life in laughs too ...... its blimmin good therapy ;0)

Rachelpeglerartistwifenmummy24 Thu 10-Oct-13 17:03:36

MrsBramleyApple Thu 10-Oct-13 16:04:08

She didn't answer my question re Viva Forever! She obviously doesn't want to be reminded about it! grin

ICameOnTheJitney Thu 10-Oct-13 15:56:14

That was a nice sentiment and one I relate to as well. I think people are often remembered best when remembered for their humour. Comedy is what keeps us going in the darkest of times isn't it?

MolehillAlchemy Thu 10-Oct-13 15:53:00

ICameOnTheJitney - I thought your question was great and was looking forward to seeing Jennifer's answer :-(

It brought a tear (well, several) to my eye when she said that although her father has passed away, they still tell his jokes. So touching. And what a lovely way to be remembered.

ICameOnTheJitney Thu 10-Oct-13 13:56:48

My question wasn't answered. sad

MotherOfSoupDragon Thu 10-Oct-13 13:38:28

Hi Jennifer, I hope you are well? Great to meet you here!

I would like to know if you are funny with your children or "just another mum"?! What do you children think of your sketches?

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Thu 10-Oct-13 13:23:00

Oh, has she gone?

<deflates>

SleeplessInBedfordshire Thu 10-Oct-13 13:20:08

Jennifer, what's your favourite French and Saunders comedy sketch?

Mine is the parody of Shakespeare's Sister, Stay. It still pops into my head now and then, all these years later. I showed my husband the YouTube video compared to the original and we were both in stitches!
I also loved Ab Fab. Thank you for all the laughs smile

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Thu 10-Oct-13 13:14:47

Yes, GForT I was going to ask if Jennifer would tell us one of her father's jokes?

ToysRLuv Thu 10-Oct-13 13:14:11

Just popped in to say, I love your work and spend a sizeable part of last night watching old French and Saunders sketches, so was knackered this morning.

I would like to ask, what would be the biggest lesson you've learned about being a mum and a partner?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now